• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV gameplay @ PAX West

Dereck

oie_oie_overlayvgbav.gif
JdUpZ0E.png

I saw a bad patch of grass, Tabata is a hack.
JdUpZ0E.png
JdUpZ0E.png

OrionX

I can't wait to play the 8k version of this game on the PS5 super deluxe pro, I bet that'll be the truest, most ultimate version of them all.
/s

Falk

that puzzling face
I can't wait to play the 8k version of this game on the PS5 super deluxe pro, I bet that'll be the truest, most ultimate version of them all.
/s

You do know Square Enix has a penchant for making ports to newer systems, right?

OrionX

You do know Square Enix has a penchant for making ports to newer systems, right?

lol I'm well aware, I was just poking fun at all the 900p/1080p/4k bickering. I'm not very picky about all that, I just want the game in my hands by December.

paolo11

Mhm waiting for the special edition FFXV ps4 pro console bundle before I pre-order. I hope my local game store does some sort of trade in program for ps4 owners, because I won't be needing the og console once I have the pro.

Will there be one though? I wish SE would announce it.

wmlk

The game will probably look best on Scorpio and PC to be perfectly honest. I think at least by then, the dev team will be able to make huge upgrades for the PC version that can be carried over.

OrionX

I've used a good chunk of PTO for this damn game it damn well better be Nov 29th lol idc how close it is. Tabata don't try me.

Didn't mean to hit a nerve lol. Just take a deep breath... I'm sure it will be! Well, as sure as I can be with all of my nonexistent insider knowledge. :p

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The game will probably look best on Scorpio and PC to be perfectly honest. I think at least by then, the dev team will be able to make huge upgrades for the PC version that can be carried over.

We won't know if they will bother with a scorpio mode 12 months from now, especially considering that FF15 is probably going to bomb on XB1 along with KH3

Looks like GAME are the only place in the UK to get the Deluxe Edition

Seems massively overpriced at any rate. Ordered from TGC for £37, deluxe edition costs £70. Exlusive weapons are a bit of a kick in the bollocks.

This is one of those statements that didn't have to be said. If a game can't look better on a console almost 2yrs away then wtf is going on in gaming

Cikay

I bought the PS3 for Versus XIII.
Then the PS4 for FFXV.
Finally I'll have to buy the PS4 Pro to play an acceptable version of the game ?

SQEX PLS

artsi

Then the PS4 for FFXV.
Finally I'll have to buy the PS4 Pro to play an acceptable version of the game ?

SQEX PLS

Looking at the latest footage PS4 version is perfectly acceptable IMO, but Pro should bring out the eye candy if one wants it.

Why are people talking as though the PS4 version is going to look like Ride to Hell?

Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised at the latest PS4 footage, it looked very very good. Then the NeoPro version looked even better but it didn't make the original ps4 footage look bad by comparison.

JBwB

The temptation of getting a PS4 Pro just for this game is killing me... -.-

If they show more great looking Pro footage at TGS then that may just be what makes me delay getting a new GPU for the Pro.

Asd202

Then the PS4 for FFXV.

SQEX PLS

This is so true lol. If it wasn't for XV I wouldn't be considering Pro right now at all.

Soooo...

apparently a news got out today saying that it's up to third party devs to charge a fee or not if they plan to unlock a patch for ps4 Pro features. Doesn't look good for early adopters. I wouldn't want, on my case to be spending even more money just to have better graphics on a console I expect to do so already...

Anyway, what are you thinking of that FFXV-GAF ? Would it still motivates you to buy a PS4 Pro for FFXV regardless?

source: http://kotaku.com/when-asked-if-ps4-pro-patches-would-cost-money-sony-sa-1786426018

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Soooo...

apparently a news got out today saying that it's up to third party devs to charge a fee or not if they plan to unlock a patch for ps4 Pro features. Doesn't look good for early adopters. I wouldn't want, on my case to be spending even more money just to have better graphics on a console I expect to do so already...

Anyway, what are you thinking of that FFXV-GAF ? Would it still motivates you to buy a PS4 Pro for FFXV regardless?
FFXV is required to have it because it's releasing after the mandate.

Koozek

Soooo...

source: http://kotaku.com/when-asked-if-ps4-pro-patches-would-cost-money-sony-sa-1786426018
Check the OP's updates:
"Update:
This is only potentially for games released before October. Games with a launch date after October will have to support both without additional cost."

I just think it's way too soon to say "pre-ordered" when we haven't seen comparisons side by side. That, and the fact that this is just one game. I'd have to see a huge improvement across multiple titles to justify dropping 5 CAD bills on it.

Dark_castle

After listening to all of the tracks of FFXV so far, which is fantastic no doubt, my favourite is still Somnus. Perhaps it was partly nostalgia that tracks back to the very first trailer of Versus XIII playing this masterpiece of a track that accompanies the memorable trailer. After that, it would probably the the music that plays in World of Wonder trailer. That was quite blissful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6At_bb1PNU

Just realized that wasn't the very first trailer, but it's still an incredibly early one that's in pure CGI. Who knew a 2-minute CGI trailer that tells almost nothing about the game can be a such a game/console seller for me (yeah I got a PS3 for this game amongst others). RIP to this badass Noctis scene. I guess I'd just have to make do with them reading about the invasion through newspaper instead. :(

Ishida

Banned
After listening to all of the tracks of FFXV so far, which is fantastic no doubt, my favourite is still Somnus. Perhaps it was partly nostalgia that tracks back to the very first trailer of Versus XIII playing this masterpiece of a track that accompanies the memorable trailer. After that, it would probably the the music that plays in World of Wonder trailer. That was quite blissful.

Of all the tracks I've heard so far, the one I liked the least was Luna's theme.

I mean, it's glorious, but I don't feel the same impact while hearing it. Noctis' theme, on the other hand, I could listen to it for hours.

And so far, all the battle, boss and summon themes have been just amazing. Omnis Lacrima as the Boss Battle theme immediately climbed high on my list of all-time favorites.

And if Apocalypsis Noctis is played during all the fights against the Archeans, I can only imagine how fucking amazing the battle against Bahamut will be.

Z3M0G

I figured this would have gotten its own thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0dabzg9GbM&t=163s

0:05 Trailer
2:43 --- Introduction ---
4:34 Song of the Stars (5:56 Dawn)
8:30 Fight Fantastica (9:30 Gratia Mundi)
11:17 --- Interview Yoko Shimomura 1 ---
13:40 Nox Aeterna
17:38 Luna
20:30 --- Interview Yoko Shimomura 2 ---
22:31 End of the Road
24:15 Wonderful View
26:00 Starlit Waltz
28:54 --- Interview Yoko Shimomura 3 ---
30:42 Noctis
33:44 --- Interview Yoko Shimomura 4 ---
35:46 Omnis Lacrima
41:18 Veiled Aggression
44:38 --- Interview Yoko Shimomura 5 ---
46:50 Somnus
49:58 --- Expression of thanks to the musicians and people involved ---
51:47 Apocalypsis Noctis w/ Yoko Shimomura on the piano

Oh shit! It's our favorite long haired translator!
With white buzcut now

Top Bottom