• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV gameplay @ PAX West

Koozek

They should heavily market guns and chainsaw Noctis in the West.
oie_oie_overlayvgbav.gif

ViciousDS

Banned
those new screens look really, really good

I can't wait to play it on the Pro in 1080p

at least if a bad AA solution is given and the native framerate rendered is higher I won't notice it lol.....also means if the image is blurry on 4k it should look clean on 1080p XD

I have a feeling I'm going to really enjoy my Pro for 1080p more than I would for 4k.

Bigger thing to miss out on is a good HDR display......if you can get a HDR display that has a near 100% Rec. 2020 holy shit the environments would really pop.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
those new screens look really, really good

I can't wait to play it on the Pro in 1080p

at least if a bad AA solution is given and the native framerate rendered is higher I won't notice it lol.....also means if the image is blurry on 4k it should look clean on 1080p XD

I have a feeling I'm going to really enjoy my Pro for 1080p more than I would for 4k.

Bigger thing to miss out on is a good HDR display......if you can get a HDR display that has a near 100% Rec. 2020 holy shit the environments would really pop.

I'm too poor at the moment to afford a good tv. I should start saving up....I also have a problem of not having space for a new tv unless it's 32 inch only. The rest of the rooms in my home already have TVs.

Scrawnton

Hopefully 1080p with lighting enhancements and stable 30fps. Less pop in would be desirable also.

Not yet, I'm sure they will reveal them at TGS. Or maybe we just spam the Twitter for answers.

Ahh okay. I preordered a PS4K on my way home from work today incase I want it at launch. I have a 4K TV and two PS4s (one of which could be traded in towards the new purchase) so I think buying one ahead of FFXV may be wise.

For what it's worth, I just saw that two second footage on my 4K tv on the 4K version of that Sony presentation and it easily looks light years ahead of Duscae and the platinum demo.

Styles

Mhm waiting for the special edition FFXV ps4 pro console bundle before I pre-order. I hope my local game store does some sort of trade in program for ps4 owners, because I won't be needing the og console once I have the pro.

LowParry

My friends think I'm crazy that I'm getting a Pro just for this game (and others of course). You're goddamn right I am. Most likely will be playing it on one my of 144hz monitors at my desk.

I don't know if I'll get one but it would be great if they eventually put out some videos to illustrate the differences between the normal version and the Pro version.

I don't think I have a 4K TV though so there might not be much point.

My friends think I'm crazy that I'm getting a Pro just for this game (and others of course). You're goddamn right I am. Most likely will be playing it on one my of 144hz monitors at my desk.

Well, I'm not buying a pro JUST for this, but at the current moment FFXV is the main reason I'm copping day 1! Can't wait to play UC4, Horizon, and GOW4 on this beast :D

Looking at the PS4 Pro footage, outside of resolution that doesn't look too different than the regular PS4 version shown at PAX. I don't know why everyone is acting like it looks so different.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I don't know if I'll get one but it would be great if they eventually put out some videos to illustrate the differences between the normal version and the Pro version.

I don't think I have a 4K TV though so there might not be much point.

There will absolutely be a point, if you were one of those complaining about IQ and the graphics looking bad. Pro will absolutely service you.

Even if they do something as simple as implement checkerboard and downscale it down to 1080p, the game will still look and run significantly better than the original PS4 and XB1 release

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Looking at the PS4 Pro footage, outside of resolution that doesn't look too different than the regular PS4 version shown at PAX. I don't know why everyone is acting like it looks so different.

Lighting and vegetation look improved. Resolution is also a pretty big difference maker since most of this game's assets are muddied at 900p and below.

Lighting and vegetation look improved. Resolution is also a pretty big difference maker since most of this game's assets are muddied at 900p and below.

The quality of the bush close to the screen looks identical to the PS4 footage and the density is based on area, we've seen areas with density like that right next to sparse areas already. The lighting looks pretty much the same as footage we've seen with a comparable time of day and weather.
Also isn't the lowest resolution that the PS4 version goes 900p, not below? Outside of hair the IQ of the footage we've been getting recently for the PS4 version isn't bad.

xion4360

The quality of the bush close to the screen looks identical to the PS4 footage and the density is based on area, we've seen areas with density like that right next to sparse areas already. The lighting looks pretty much the same as footage we've seen with a comparable time of day and weather.
Also isn't the lowest resolution that the PS4 version goes 900p, not below? Outside of hair the IQ of the footage we've been getting recently for the PS4 version isn't bad.

I guess you just dont see it.. good for you then.

Arkeband

Banned
I'm just hoping that if the OG PS4 version isn't up to snuff, the Pro version existing and probably being more accessible to video game reviewers than the general public doesn't soften the blow if the game deserves flack for how it ends up running on its original target hardware.

xion4360

I'm just hoping that if the OG PS4 version isn't up to snuff, the Pro version existing and probably being more accessible to video game reviewers than the general public doesn't soften the blow if the game deserves flack for how it ends up running on its original target hardware.

it looks good on ps4 from what we have seen.

Top Bottom