• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

duckroll

Did we figure out who that other character designer is? Like what has he done previously?

Roberto Ferrari is a long time artist at Square Enix. He mostly worked on their B-tier stuff and iOS/DD stuff, providing illustrations and designs. Last Remnant, Song Summoner, Moon Diver, etc. He has a rather distinctive style which is rather flamboyant, but I'm not sure if that's due to the fact that he worked with Naora a lot and got influenced, or if it comes from a European art background. Maybe both I guess.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
51b7a7e1_Final-Fantasy-XV-Unknown-4.png
John Glover for the English dub!

She's a Juliet in an action game, meaning she can't possibly be a DiD in order for her to be a forced rival to Noctis. That's crazy and I don't see where you get this unwarranted negativity from.

I feel like I missed preview or press release. All I know is Noctis can see the dead from the OP

o_O

jett

D-Member
I declare Gladiolus and Cor to be automatically the best character designs.

Seriously, it's neat how it's an all-male cast. Seems bromantacular.

People are acting like the storyline won't 70%+ of the time consist of the relationship between a boy and girl lol, both being main characters. It's not gonna be Noctis and his bros sitting around high fiving each other and checking out some fine booties that walk by for 40+ hours or what have you.

And it makes sense within the context of the story being a Prince and all. Or maybe people are joking, hard to tell with some of these comments. Also there is nothing wrong at all with a good bromance story.

Oh that guy, I remember!

People think this is Noctis' Dad gone mad?

Can't remember seeing this in the trailer.

He's definitely related to Noctis and Regis somehow, since he has the same red eyes as both of them and he LOOKS a lot like Regis.

He's either a berserk version of King Regis or his brother/Noct's uncle.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Why do I feel like his nickname in the English version is going to be Noc. Maybe they'll just pronounce it Noc but the spelling is Noct. Hm.

Damn, that's some detailed CG work. Surely this is the first time they've gone so far as to put skin imperfections on characters(blemishes, redness around the eyes, pimples)?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The nickname is Noct in JP most likely because of the o at the end when pronouncing Noct. Otherwise it'd be Noco with a hard c. lol.

Good info on the characters.
Should be some interesting dynamics among the crew.

...oh... and yeah... gonna be wonderful dealing with a year and a half (or more) of hilarious 'boy band' jokes. -_-

Damn, that's some detailed CG work. Surely this is the first time they've gone so far as to put skin imperfections on characters(blemishes, redness around the eyes, pimples)?

Yeah, it's stunning.
I really love Prompto's design because of how awesome the skin looks, like how it's pink round the eyes - he actually looks like a ginger dude who's dyed his hair blonde now instead of just randomly having really yellow hair

51b7a687_Final-Fantasy-XV-Prompto.png

Whompa

Yeah, it's stunning.
I really love Prompto's design because of how awesome the skin looks, like how it's pink round the eyes - he actually looks like a ginger dude who's dyed his hair blonde now instead of just randomly having really yellow hair

That's a god damn incredible design. By far the most intriguing.

I'm so excited for this game. It's looking phenomenal already.

ezekial45

Banned
Yeah, it's stunning.

This character design has Troy Baker written all over it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I thought Prompto was Cloud in the new trailer, the moment when it comes into the scene and shoots his gun. I remember saying "No they didn't..." to myself at the reveal.

Please be excited for the Team Noctis fashion line.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wanted to avoid everything Final Fantasy after the disaster that was XIII, but this has somehow sparked my interest again. I honestly could not give less of a fuck about the cast being all-male and I don't see how that is inherently a bad thing. All I care about is that if there is a female team member (in this game or any other), they have to not be skimpy clothed idiots without any character or independence. So it's more about how characters of both sexes are handled, rather than how many there are in your team.

But anyway, they seem to have really improved on character design. These people actually look fairly normal, in comparison to what characters from the other games have been wearing. These guys all look pretty boss as fuck.
So yeah, this and the gameplay I've seen have gotten me hyped up again for a final fantasy game. Imagine that.

I dont think you'll need to worry. Every FF is different. Maybe not a lot of next gen gamers caught on yet. The cast looks good. Our culture shrugs JRPGs unless something happens in space, fantasy world with trolls, or has a wasteland attached to it. lol Japanese RPGs like this should exist hypothetically speaking. It's been a sh*tstorm this gen.

I wanted to avoid everything Final Fantasy after the disaster that was XIII, but this has somehow sparked my interest again. I honestly could not give less of a fuck about the cast being all-male and I don't see how that is inherently a bad thing. All I care about is that if there is a female team member (in this game or any other), they have to not be skimpy clothed idiots without any character or independence. So it's more about how characters of both sexes are handled, rather than how many there are in your team. To be honest though, I don't really trust in square to make a decent female Final Fantasy character anymore.

But anyway, they seem to have really improved on character design. These people actually look fairly normal, in comparison to what characters from the other games have been wearing. These guys all look pretty boss as fuck.
So yeah, this and the gameplay I've seen have gotten me hyped up again for a final fantasy game. Imagine that.

The thing that confuses me is why anyone legitimately thinks this is the entire playable cast. We know for a fact this is a really big game. All of these characters are Noctis' bros at the very beginning of the story. Doesn't mean they're all going to be on his side or even alive by the end of it.

And we all know Nomura loves his guest characters.

I think it's abundantly clear that Team Noctbro isn't the entire playable cast, Square's just emphasizing these five in particular because they start the game as a group.

in typical Shakespearean design I'm sure one of them will have some kind of epic betrayal, no? :p

Ignis looks more like the dick here.

It'd be crazy we think Prompto's gonna be a traitor then it turns out to be Ignis

I know, I've played 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 13, so I definitely know that they can be vastly different from each other. It's just that the last one scared me off of the developer. I'm just not that motivated anymore. But as I said, this is starting to win back my trust.

Oh yeah this game looks miles better than XIII, and I'm one of the the few who didnt hate it.

Ferr986

It's not gonna be Noctis and his bros sitting around high fiving each other and checking out some fine booties that walk by for 40+ hours or what have you.

I wish it is that way.

A Shakespeare inspired FF seems boring... especially if done by SE writters.

Fou-Lu

The main cast seems cool, I feel like the fact that they all grew up together will make it actually touching and painful when one of them inevitably dies.

Top Bottom