• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

Frumix

Suffering From Success
stella was obviously rewritten to be a useless damsel.

to make the story better and drama.

This is an insipid insunation.
Everything else we see in the newest trailers corresponds to earlier visuals.
Why would you think that this one character got changed for no reason?
Especially in a series which has no problem with female characters in position of power?

51b7a683_Final-Fantasy-XV-Noctis-Blue-Eyes.png
51b7a684_Final-Fantasy-XV-Noctis-Red-Eyes.png

So Noctis changes his eye colour
We know the left is Noctis's father, so is the orange eyed portrait also him? Maybe his father turns evil or something - his beard hair has gone white in the second pic.. hmm

I like the girl with black hair, is probably the girl in armor suite fighting against Noctis in the older trailer (on a building if I remember correctly). Why is Stella eyes bigger than all other cast? Makes her looks less real and more like a character from anime/manga.

I guess they really wanted to emphasize her naive world view or something by making her look child like.

I wouldn't mind it if she notably changed as the game progressed.

He's now Noctis from another timeline.

I'm pretty sure hood guy is Stella's older brother. Considering the Hamlet inspiration, Stella is clearly Ophelia, especially considering she's unstable and doesn't seem to be 100% on Noctis' side. We obviously need a Laertes character, and given the fact that hood guy is blonde and dressed all in white, the color schemes match.

My theory is that Stella's brother betrayed Tenebrae to Niflheim and gave up their crystal in exchange for power. Stella still loves her brother, so she can't fight against him, but her interactions with Noctis and the gang allow her to build up the strength to avenge her country and eventually join the party.

Hmm? When was this?

Wasn't that just the other pink haired guy on Stella's side? I thought they were different characters.

Uh.... what?

I don't remember this, pic?

It was in one of the older FMV trailers. There's a scene in the crystal chamber of Noctis and Hood Guy facing off. Hood guy smirks, takes his hood off and the two attack each other. His hair looks like a blonde version of Marluxia's. You don't see his face for very long, but at least we know that much about him.

Did we figure out who that other character designer is? Like what has he done previously?

EDIT: He worked on the Last Remnant.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Holy shit imagine. Noctis sensing her death or whatever his power is, I would cry!

Hahahaha, this thing writes itself.
This plot device was used to this effect in Another, when the main heroine with the same ability sensed her sister's upcoming death. Feels were had.

Hahahaha, this thing writes itself.
This plot device was used to this effect in Another, when the main heroine with the same ability sensed her sister's upcoming death. Feels were had.

Yeah, it's a real "drama power".

It's gonna work on me though, shit like that always does.

Verendus

Banned
They should make it a recurring gag that Blonde guy can't jump. It could even tie into gameplay. If you want to jump properly, you can't be him as it's his handicap. He doesn't have the leg strength for it. So, Scar has to help him up places at times. It doesn't stop Blonde guy from trying though, so occasionally, whilst you're ripping up a storm in soldiers, you see Blonde guy jumping in front you. Foot by foot. Barely reaching above 12 inches in height.

Then, once he's earned your sympathy, and you feel he's a very likeable character, they kill him for maximum impact.

Different guy. That's probably Stella's dad. He's the guy to the left of Stella in the new character art piece. The cloak is probably a standard issue uniform for certain types of people in her country.

Hood guy's hairstyle is a little too bishounen-y to be Stella's father, considering how (awesomely) old Regis looks. Not to mention the brief glimpse we see of his face looks fairly young.

I really do think it's Stella's older brother. It just makes too much sense with the Hamlet connection and hood guy being positioned as Noctis' rival.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
While having the majority of his party (that we know of) be all male makes sense realistically, I'm kinda surprised there is no female representation.

The roots of this might be how this was the antithesis of Final Fantasy XIII, which had a female protagonist. Just speculation on my part though.

It was in one of the older FMV trailers. There's a scene in the crystal chamber of Noctis and Hood Guy facing off. Hood guy smirks, takes his hood off and the two attack each other. His hair looks like a blonde version of Marluxia's. You don't see his face for very long, but at least we know that much about him.

You're right, I remember now - we don't see his uncovered face though, just that he has long blonde hair.

I guess you didn't read everything but the game design was the same? All they did was make her look better. :p

don't trust anything of the past outside of the legendary turret sequence.

strong women in games that aren't in your party is a rarity... well unless she's a boss noctis smacks around.

duckroll

Hood guy's hairstyle is a little too bishounen-y to be Stella's father, considering how (awesomely) old Regis looks. Not to mention the brief glimpse we see of his face looks fairly young.

I really do think it's Stella's older brother. It just makes too much sense with the Hamlet connection and hood guy being positioned as Noctis' rival.

????

I'm talking about this guy from the trailer she linked:

m1IKxG8.jpg

This guy doesn't have facial hair.

My bad, I don't even remember that scene! Lol.

Stark

Banned

strong women in games that aren't in your party is a rarity... well unless she's a boss noctis smacks around.

Fair enough. But I feel the forced feud between the two stuck around and makes it more evident if they are childhood friends. That said, I don't mind if she's like that if she has that better look.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

She's a Juliet in an action game, meaning she can't possibly be a DiD in order for her to be a forced rival to Noctis. That's crazy and I don't see where you get this unwarranted negativity from.

I actually like the new Stella. The other one definitely looked more older and was also great but this one seems to have more of an innocence attached to the face.

And like someone said, it's easier to buy that they were childhood friends.

sappyday

Wow seriously, no girls in the main party? Gonna hold off on this one
The main crew is all male. Like duckroll said before it makes sense. But there is still female character and for sure there will be some female characters in the party.

She's a Juliet in an action game, meaning she can't possibly be a DiD in order for her to be a forced rival to Noctis. That's crazy and I don't see where you get this unwarranted negativity from.

Actually what if she was a rival throughout the game, it would be somewhat fresh for a male character to have a female rival who is just as strong as him.

????

I'm talking about this guy from the trailer she linked:

m1IKxG8.jpg

Ah, that guy. Fair point. Though I don't think he's Stella's dad, since he's supposedly from Niflheim. I can't imagine Stella's dad would be that blatantly and obviously evil considering his country just got stomped into submission.

Square really needs to clarify who belongs to which nation aside from the Noctis Bro Squad. Right now we know Stella is from Tenebrae and the villains invading Lucis are from Niflheim, which already conquered Tenebrae. But that's about it. =/

Verendus

Banned

Stella will likely be in the party eventually. There is probably going to be a story hook initially to build up to it or something.

Top Bottom