• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

Esura

Banned
Wow, an all-male cast? The hell?

So that cute Stella girl ain't playable? I'm stuck with the Entourage: FF Edition?

....this sucks....

notworksafe

Those fucking names
6RdgwIg.png

Oh well. The game looks good either way.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I may have missed your impressions, but how do you feel about Stella's slight make over Kagari?

Her original design was better. She looked a bit older and had better hair.

Side note, can someone screencap the scene with Noctis and Cor in the debut trailer for me? I'm on terrible hotel wifi and can't download the HQ one for myself...

farisr

Only ones I know (or particularly remember the voices):

Ignis (Yagami Light, Chrollo Lucifer)
Prompto (Natsu Dragneel)

DR2K

Banned
Wow, an all-male cast? The hell?

So that cute Stella girl ain't playable? I'm stuck with the Entourage: FF Edition?

....this sucks....

I think the six characters on the right will also be playable and/or important to the story.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Those fucking names
6RdgwIg.png

Oh well. The game looks good either way.

Yeah, they're really "sort of sounds like Latin amirite?" The only one that really sticks out as bizarre is "Prompto" though.

duckroll

I think the six characters on the right will also be playable and/or important to the story.

I think they're the opposing sides. Everyone on the left is from Lucis, and everyone on the right is from whatever invading empire. Noctis is on the far left, Kagari Stella is on the far right. It's Romeo and Juliet.

Kind of a boring cast at first glance. The smart guy has glasses, the body guard has a scar over the eye, Noct has special eyes... It doesn't seem very special or interesting. Its probably my fault for watching too much shonen anime but I basically have the characters written in my head already. Hopefully they don't come off that shallow

And I swear to god if the smart one is pushing his glasses up all the time...

While I understand the intention, this is not how you name stuff in fiction.

Would be hilarious if SE 'westernizes' the names with cool hip names like:

Joe.

Collin.

Bob.

Christopher.

You know, I don't think SE has ever really changed names of characters for their games during localization if you don't count tina/terra. Even those crazy names that start with X and stuff in kh are kept that way.

Cornbread78

Ya know, something is really resonating with me here. Maybe that fact there is no Moe here.... They can made is safely an adult themed game with adult issues, much more than have in the past.... Even the all male cast is fine with me, I'm loving it so far....

Bladenic

I'm not against having a buddy-cop Final Fantasy, but I can already see Anita Sarkeesian's review of this game shaping in my head. I hope there are some female playable characters.

Can somebody that knows more about the XV universe so far explain to me why Altair is in the character line-up?

Who gives an eff what Anita says about the game lmao

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I think they're the opposing sides. Everyone on the left is from Lucis, and everyone on the right is from whatever invading empire. Noctis is on the far left, Kagari Stella is on the far right. It's Romeo and Juliet.
I think the 3 young people on the right will join Noctis that is: green eyes, orange eyes & Stella.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Her original design was better. She looked a bit older and had better hair.

Side note, can someone screencap the scene with Noctis and Cor in the debut trailer for me? I'm on terrible hotel wifi and can't download the HQ one for myself...

Verendus

Banned
I think they made her younger to fit the role of a childhood friend better is all.
Yep (seems like they her made de-age).

You done fucked up Nomura. I don't know what this obsession with younger, cute looking characters is, but original Stella was much more distinct/unique. Been 2 months, I haven't adjusted. I don't think I will either.

Insert shame and honour quote here.

sappyday

Barely know anything about the game so I don't agree just yet. It'll be a better game though! XIII had the normal FF elements too initially.
Well if all the old info is still true then this game will have drivable airships, a world map, chocobos, a story revolving around crystals (this is confirmed just by the trailer), and multiple amount of party members.

I'm not against having a buddy-cop Final Fantasy, but I can already see Anita Sarkeesian's review of this game shaping in my head. I hope there are some female playable characters.

Can somebody that knows more about the XV universe so far explain to me why Altair is in the character line-up?

I call him Cid. Don't care if he won't be.

Except Romeo and Juliet will probably have a CRAZY MAGICAL BATTLE SCENE against each other. It's 100% an improvement on the original.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

I wonder if the story will be similar to Romeo and Juliet. :p

Tears will be everywhere.

i got that romeo and juliet feeling when they set up noctis to be the prince of the family.

the latin names are stupid but god damn that city looked beautiful. and the father looks like hans gruber...but he's nice. so that's cool

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
You done fucked up Nomura. I don't what this obsession with younger, cute looking characters is, but original Stella was much more distinct/unique. Been 2 months, I haven't adjusted. I don't think I will either.

Insert shame and honour quote here.

The only downfall of the reveal. Shame it's a pretty big one.

Mr. RHC

I was thinking the same thing!

Have the other characters been identified, is the guy to the left of Stella her father?
And who is the other mid age old guy?

Verendus

Banned
Her hair stylist became worse. The face cream she used was apparently too strong in the anti-aging department. Something obviously went wrong here.

Ra1den

I'm really impressed with the skin of these characters. Little details like moles and stuff are amazingly lifelike. Great realism+Nomura character designs is pretty damn cool.

In gaming its typically either realistic looking characters with no appeal or stylized characters that lack the details that a real face would have. This takes the best of both worlds.

I wonder why they're hiding hood guy's face. We've already seen him uncloaked - he looks like an albino version of Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts, even down to the trademark smirk.

Maybe they redesigned him since the last time we saw him?

Ithil

He saw his own franchise was a sinking ship and jumped to one that seems to be making a comeback.

Top Bottom