• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

Frumix

Suffering From Success
You done fucked up Nomura. I don't what this obsession with younger, cute looking characters is, but original Stella was much more distinct/unique. Been 2 months, I haven't adjusted. I don't think I will either.
It's just that her character has gone through various adjustment phases and you're simply used to older versions so you want to stick to them - these versions aren't even consistent between each other, look at the last pic of yours, that's just utterly anime!

And honestly, can you call "obsession with young" on THIS game of all things? Which showcases a bunch of old bearded men as main characters?

By the way, I've rewatched 2011 trailer and Stella's line about the "light" Noctis can see is pretty much verbatim from the dialogue between the two about how they both can see the light the dead people give off before they're taken to the land of goddess Etro, the land of dead, and ponder the meaning of that.

It's really amazing after so many years it seems like the game hasn't strayed from its initial ideas much, heck, if at all. So that image of Noctis sitting on the throne? Stella and Noctis taking a stand against each other? I fully expect those to be in the final in some form.

And I swear to god if the smart one is pushing his glasses up all the time...
He did that in one of early trailers.

Dresden

I wonder why they're hiding hood guy's face. We've already seen him uncloaked - he looks like an albino version of Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts, even down to the trademark smirk.

Maybe they redesigned him since the last time we saw him?

He's now Noctis from another timeline.

Aytrial

I prefer Stella's original hairstyle. Her new design does indeed give off a younger vibe which I don't dig as much. I'll adjust eventually but it is a shame.

yvffQJX.jpg
why are they all hot

Yep (seems like they her made de-age).

You done fucked up Nomura. I don't know what this obsession with younger, cute looking characters is, but original Stella was much more distinct/unique. Been 2 months, I haven't adjusted. I don't think I will either.

Insert shame and honour quote here.

To be fair though, we didn't see CG Stella's face in the new trailer, right? We've only seen that one portrait render - she might look closer to the original design ingame.

rataven

OMG I have an unhealthy crush on Ignis already. Because GLASSES. That's all it takes, really.

And have to agree on Old Stella being Best Stella too.

Mr. RHC

I wonder why they're hiding hood guy's face. We've already seen him uncloaked - he looks like an albino version of Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts, even down to the trademark smirk.

Really, can you show me that, please?

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best

Hmm? When was this?

rataven

Wasn't that just the other pink haired guy on Stella's side? I thought they were different characters.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Uh.... what?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So many people with Stella avys! Looks like a popular character already. Shame about the redesign though, don't like it one bit.

Random question that I know all of y'all know the answer to...

Has there ever been sex or implied sex in FF?

FFX 'under the sea' is the closest I can think of.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm really curious who Roberto Ferrari did.

Maybe he did the new Stella? Or probably the entire opposing side?

Verendus

Banned
It's just that her character has gone through various adjustment phases and you're simply used to older versions so you want to stick to them - these versions aren't even consistent between each other, look at the last pic of yours, that's just utterly anime!

And honestly, can you call "obsession with young" on THIS game of all things? Which showcases a bunch of old bearded men as main characters?
I don't know what anime is exactly supposed to look like. I just know OG Stella was distinct and looked like a more memorable design. Version 2.0 looks like like a plastic teenager. Going to call her PS Stella now.

To be fair though, we didn't see CG Stella's face in the new trailer, right? We've only seen that one portrait render - she might look closer to the original design ingame.
She doesn't man. She looks pretty much like that render. Power of next-gen and all that.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Nomura's style panders to me and I love the entire bro thing, so I'm looking forward to their interactions.

ineeDvSpLDq0O.gif

ibrv0FOvdSkJed.gif

Esura

Banned
Interest killed honestly if true.

It still looks boss as hell and I'm still hyped for it but I always liked seeing what new cutie Square will let me play with next.

I think the six characters on the right will also be playable and/or important to the story.

I hope. New Stella is cute as fuck and would be a shame if I couldn't play with her.

Esura hates it?

It's already good.

I don't hate it. I can see the potential for some epic bro stuff going down but I'm really fond of female characters in FF game. Just one of the reasons why FFX-2 remains one of my most favorite FFs.

BasilZero

Arent they all in one group from the beginning?

Not surprising, although at least one female character in the group would of been nice >.>.

Oh well, still cant wait!

Desi

If Roen is still doing the costumes; I hope we can have bro-lite shopping experiences in neo-lucis-tokyo and venice-greece-italy waterway land.

I appreciate the new look on Prompto even if I still don't care for him. Reminds me of one of those boys in the Great Happiness Place.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I don't know what anime is exactly supposed to look like. I just know OG Stella was distinct and looked like a more memorable design. Version 2.0 looks like like a plastic teenager. Going to call her PS Stella now.
All I see is a change from a 23-something hot chick to a 17-something hot chick.
I'll let the writing direct how memorable she is.
She also fits the current cast more in the way they sculpted the facial features. Old Stella would just look out of place.

I hope she dies.

You goddamn people...

she will if she's a Juliet, bitch tears will be shed

Kuroudu

I like the girl with black hair, is probably the girl in armor suite fighting against Noctis in the older trailer (on a building if I remember correctly). Why is Stella eyes bigger than all other cast? Makes her looks less real and more like a character from anime/manga.

Esura

Banned
Nomura's style panders to me and I love the entire bro thing, so I'm looking forward to their interactions.

ineeDvSpLDq0O.gif

ibrv0FOvdSkJed.gif

Ok, this looks kind of badass.

Hope they have bro banter Army of Two style. Probably the best part about that lame ass game.

Top Bottom