• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Platinum Demo Thread

Brentonp

Did you ever play Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix on Critical mode level 1 ?

Doesn't make much of a difference I mean, why do I care when my character can warp literally everywhere, use every weapon, and has exclusive spells?

Either way you can still "Select an attack" for any of your party members :]

I don't care about the genders of the main characters, I don't see why this improves a game or not kinda just preference.

It's time to let go man sorry if it isn't your thing but that's where they are going.

Hahaha my post was 100% sarcasm. :)

DeSolos

Finally get a chance to play it. Is this the route they are going? Kingdom Hearts clone? If yes, I am really turn off by this as I found KH to be really boring.

No it was a very bizarre demo that was mostly showing off the tech. It's actually an open world game. The only thing that is representative of the final game is the battle at the end you have as old Noctis.

Here, check out a snippet of Episode Duscae which is much more representative of the flow of the actual game: https://youtu.be/8g4EuTYwWCQ

Brentonp

Sorry, I actually believed you there are many people on the internet like this.

I know. I was making fun of them. Was hoping the sarcasm would be obvious. It's ridiculous to me that people are trying to say XV's combat is less "fun" or even less challenging than an older FF game. I love classic FF and all but we don't need to kid ourselves about the ATB and turn-based systems.

Brentonp

This was the first demo I downloaded for my new ps4. I hafta say the graphics weren't so hot for a new console. Off to boot up gta5.

Yeah... They said it was made in only like 2 months by a small team. I think the worst part about it really is the jaggies. Other than that, it looks pretty good to me. But for such a small demo, you'd think they could have gotten it to look a lot nicer. Oh well.

nasanu

Banned
This demo is incredible. Very much hope SE continues down this path of NOT listening to forums like this. I played the demo then wondered why I haven't heard more of it. It looks amazing, sure it has performance issues and some rough edges but overall it's beautiful. Powerful lighting with texture detail and animation that are top class. And the gameplay is great also, brought me back to Clockwork Night and Toy Commander while in an RPG.

But then you read this thread and the first thing people are about is the resolution, asking what it is instead of just letting their eyes tell them what is good or not (as if higher resolution makes a computer generated picture better automatically... lol gamer logic). Then its the xbox vs ps and neo and play mechanics and this demo vs the history of the franchise etc....

OMG just play the game, there is no report due on it in the morning. It must be terrible to be a game creator these days. Build something you can be proud of. Read as people proclaim the whole thing shit because they see some artifacts around some hair, or it's epic fail because there is something in it that does fit with their image of what a FF game should contain, or there is a play mechanic that is similar to one in another game and they didn't like that game so this game is just clone of a shit game.

This demo is incredible. Very much hope SE continues down this path of NOT listening to forums like this. I played the demo then wondered why I haven't heard more of it. It looks amazing, sure it has performance issues and some rough edges but overall it's beautiful. Powerful lighting with texture detail and animation that are top class. And the gameplay is great also, brought me back to Clockwork Night and Toy Commander while in an RPG.

But then you read this thread and the first thing people are about is the resolution, asking what it is instead of just letting their eyes tell them what is good or not (as if higher resolution makes a computer generated picture better automatically... lol gamer logic). Then its the xbox vs ps and neo and play mechanics and this demo vs the history of the franchise etc....

OMG just play the game, there is no report due on it in the morning. It must be terrible to be a game creator these days. Build something you can be proud of. Read as people proclaim the whole thing shit because they see some artifacts around some hair, or it's epic fail because there is something in it that does fit with their image of what a FF game should contain, or there is a play mechanic that is similar to one in another game and they didn't like that game so this game is just clone of a shit game.

Get the extra weapons playing as adult Noctis and experiment with the combat.

Believe XV is almost here
hpVnUek.gif

chozen

Did you ever get out of the citadel in insomnia?

no, its gonna take some work, but doing that glitch there overloads the demo.

I have yet to break out but I know the Iron Giant can push you out of the map but it gives you that text pop up resetting your location. But with the overload it should let me through no problem. Im taking a break but I've been trying different things on all the maps.

wmlk

Trying to break out of every Plat Demo map

SpectacularGrandIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif

I wonder if this area is even in the game. I think the closest thing we've seen to it is this?

XkJFW5m.gif

If it's not in the game, it's going to be difficult to find any other maps since there's likely nothing adjacent to it.

DJIzana

I wonder if this area is even in the game. I think the closest thing we've seen to it is this?

XkJFW5m.gif

If it's not in the game, it's going to be difficult to find any other maps since there's likely nothing adjacent to it.

Apparently we've still only seen through the first two chapters or something, no?

I mean, last we saw the world map, it was still freaking huge. Here's hoping they didn't have to cut any of that because I hear you. I want more lush areas like this. Desert plains do nothing for me. There was also that other jungle area too in the last World of Wonder video as well (not the one with the river or the marsh area but an actual jungle). I'm curious to know if there are even different landscapes we haven't seen yet.

chozen

Apparently we've still only seen through the first two chapters or something, no?

I mean, last we saw the world map, it was still freaking huge. Here's hoping they didn't have to cut any of that because I hear you. I want more lush areas like this. Desert plains do nothing for me. There was also that other jungle area too in the last World of Wonder video as well (not the one with the river or the marsh area but an actual jungle). I'm curious to know if there are even different landscapes we haven't seen yet.

They can have dream areas disconnected from the full world map.

I personally think thats what the first portion of platinum demo is.

Altissia and Lucis were probably small slices cut out.

They can have dream areas disconnected from the full world map.

I personally think thats what the first portion of platinum demo is.

Altissia and Lucis were probably small slices cut out.

Probably - was hoping they'd done Lucis like Duscae - a somewhat polished island in a sea of unfinished assets that with the right glitch could be explored.

chozen

Probably - was hoping they'd done Lucis like Duscae - a somewhat polished island in a sea of unfinished assets that with the right glitch could be explored.

That may still be the case it certainly looks like walkable terrain if i got past all the barriers somehow lol.

In FFVIII characters went to space. It was in FFIV where they went to the moon.

Right, I just remembered the stuff on the Ragnarok. I completely forgot about FFIV though, I don't remember any moon stuff there but I'll take your word for it.

Since there's a precedent for moon landing it would be cool if that was also in FFXV, I think there was even some more story info about the moon, like it had monsters on it or something like in FFVIII.

LAA

Neither do I fam. Neither do I.

If you want to see what that looks like you can watch this though.... that's what they had originally on PS3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ7MwTXYLpg

They scrapped it for whatever is going on now.... lol.

As far as I'm concerned that looks like it plays better than FF XV.

At least we're getting Kingdom Hearts 3 anyway so it's all good.

Actually looking at this now..is making me more hyped for FFXV, and I'm a big fan of KH gameplay. It seems the sword switching mechanic isn't in from the looks of it, which I would say looks like the iconic thing with FFXV to me, warping too.
Only thing I'd say this does better is the magic, not a fan of only throwable magic and treating them like items.

Easy mistake to make, Lunar Cry being a part of VIII's lore, and all.

How I would've loved we actually got to go to the moon in FFVIII. That, and maybe find out that the reason there are monsters on the moon is because that is were Hyne retreated to and has been creating them. Actually, the whole lore regarding the sorceresses, Hyne, Vascaroon and the world's history was something I found more interesting than the main story itself.

Right, I just remembered the stuff on the Ragnarok. I completely forgot about FFIV though, I don't remember any moon stuff there but I'll take your word for it.

Since there's a precedent for moon landing it would be cool if that was also in FFXV, I think there was even some more story info about the moon, like it had monsters on it or something like in FFVIII.

FFVIII's moon was likely a reference to FFIV's. You see that alot in the series, actually. FFVIII's moon turned red prior to the Lunar Cry, and in FFIV, they said the moon was starting to take on a reddish hue. FFIX's second moon is red(because it's Terra's moon) and we know in FFXV, something occurs to turn its moon red.

Servbot24

Banned

If they're putting plains and desert first in the game I think that's the right move. You can deal with more bland environments at first because the gameplay and story is new and you're engaged with it. Save the more extravagant environments for later so that the player stays interested.

Actually looking at this now..is making me more hyped for FFXV, and I'm a big fan of KH gameplay. It seems the sword switching mechanic isn't in from the looks of it, which I would say looks like the iconic thing with FFXV to me, warping too.
Only thing I'd say this does better is the magic, not a fan of only throwable magic and treating them like items.
Magic isn't restricted to throwing, u can target lock magic. The one thing thatI hope is maybe upgraded during the game is his jumping abilities. He double jumped in the VXIII trailer and it looked smooth af so hopefully it gets like that

Aters

The recent screenshot shows a forest IIRC.

I want snowy area, which might not happen.

Top Bottom