• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

Edzi

Not sure how I beat those Sir Tonberries - fight was kind of a mess.

All the post game fights have been a mess for me, since it devolves into me fighting alone since the party can't survive anything. For exceptionally tough hordes, there's no reason not to just wait for the free Ramuh summon to kill everything. It's how I beat most of Costlemark hordes at lvl 53ish, though the Jabberwock was pretty easy to take on with the party.

ramyeon

All the post game fights have been a mess for me, since it devolves into me fighting alone since the party can't survive anything. For exceptionally tough hordes, there's no reason not to just wait for the free Ramuh summon to kill everything. It's how I beat most of Costlemark hordes at lvl 53ish, though the Jabberwock was pretty easy to take on with the party.
I was keeping my party alive somehow but it was more of spamming dodge and trying to get Armiger or Overwhelm in whenever I had an chance. They were flipping and jumping around everywhere with their lightsabers.

I wish the legendary weapons had unique skins.

The shield looks exactly the same as my other high tier shield.

Septimius

So I just beat the game, and I'm very disappointed in the story. I heard rumors 50% of the story content had to be cut? Feels very much like the case. I was getting on a good roll, feeling like I was about half-way. I was gonna go to Altissa, and figured I'd be about half way. Then I realized I was closing in on the end. There's so many things just not touched upon. The entire empire disappeared? Or became daemons or something? Ardyn was a terrible villain, with absolutely no motivation. He was a good guy that was deemed bad, and he wanted to usurp the throne because of it? But not really, perhaps? Daemon was a disease? He cured people, but absorbed it? I.. what?

Story was delivered in weird ways. Dramatic reveal about daemons being people during a battle? Prompto revealing he was from the empire originally, but it had absolutely no impact on anything, or meant anything to anything. I had to restart the game twice at that point, because I just didn't get what he said or the point of it, and I had to turn on subtitles because dialog was so shitty mixed that I barely heard Ardyn speak during the crystal cut-scene.

Oh, and what the hell happened when he touched the crystal? It seemed to me that he just skipped ten years, but I'm questioning if he actually was imprisoned for ten years, waiting. I don't mind that that happened, or coming back to a world that had falled apart, but I thought I was gonna be able to roam in that fucked up world. I saw a level 70 demon wall or something on my way to Hammerhead. I thought I could go back and fight it.

The game is the strongest FF I've played since the classic VII-IX. Gameplay is still awesome. Quest structure and world structure is well made, and I can't put it down yet. It seems extremely low on content after level 55, though, which sucks. I have no idea how I'm gonna encounter a leukhorn, so I guess I'll have to grind that other type for the horn for the Energy Blade. The biggest gripe I have with the battle system is that it's a bit too pivoty. It's either really easy or really hard. Fuck chapter 13. Fuck chapter 14. The last two fights were cool but unengaging. It managed to get heartfelt during the last camp, but then they just show Noctis and Luna being happy? Like they've not really sacrificed anything? I don't get what the deal with that was.

Ardyn was so vague, that I didn't get the motivation for anything. The old kings, the old six. Why did I bother with that? Obviously I needed them for Ardyn, but.. I mean.. He was as evil as a pandemic. A pandemic is horrible, but there's no motivation behind it. It feels like Ardyn was just the personification of the daemon disease. It just spread, because it could, but not really for a reason.

Eh.

Ruff

I love the version of Hammerheads theme that plays during Chapter 14. Sets the mood perfectly.

In fact, that whole chapter has most of the games best music in it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Can I ask...because I don't think I actually realized this in game...if you weren't following prerelease media and looking at videos and trailers or watching Kingsglaive I guess, would you know what Tenebrae looked like? Chapter 12 is interesting to me. Looking at it again, you see stuff burning (I guess the game is not explicit as to why...) but would you even know it is Tenebrae? Is it because the game's quest is called Where She Lived?

edit: I guess you can piece together that the imperials targeted Tenebrae after Ravus' "betrayal," though I'm not sure what kind of political / military capacity the empire even has at that point (when you get to Chapter 13 it's clear there's nothing left).

Tyaren

Can I ask...because I don't think I actually realized this in game...if you weren't following prerelease media and looking at videos and trailers or watching Kingsglaive I guess, would you know what Tenebrae looked like? Chapter 12 is interesting to me. Looking at it again, you see stuff burning (I guess the game is not explicit as to why...) but would you even know it is Tenebrae? Is it because the game's quest is called Where She Lived?

It is definitely Tenebrae, I'm very sure it was also at some point mentioned in the game. ;)

31607329272_6f1742d174_o.png

I was incredibly disappointed to see Tenebrae like this, when we were lead to believe we would be able to explore something like this:

ffxv1rbrs9.gif

B-Dex

edit: I guess you can piece together that the imperials targeted Tenebrae after Ravus' "betrayal," though I'm not sure what kind of political / military capacity the empire even has at that point (when you get to Chapter 13 it's clear there's nothing left).

Isn't Ardyn controlling all the imperial demons basically?

Septimius

I had no idea where Tenebrae is, I haven't followed any media, but I did get that that was what was burning.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
No, I mean it's not a question it's Tenebrae. The sign on the train tracks says Tenebrae, as does the map. But why would you care or know what it looks like? I'm realizing now that with HDR on, the darkness of the scene might mean you don't even see much at all (which I think was my problem). You don't actually see it in the game at all.

I just realized that there is an NPC on the side of the train tracks in the back that says the imperials attacked it as punishment.

Then you also get to see scenes in this area where Luna confirms it would mean the "world" to her if she got to spend even a "short time" with Noctis and that she "doesn't want to guide him," only to "stand by his side." This is genuinely poor characterization. I struggle to feel anything in the ending given how poorly she is portrayed. I wish Sephiroth would have fallen from the sky and stabbed her.

Paz

Last night I started doing the door quests and somehow picked the 100 floor dungeon as the first one I'd do (It was closest to the quest giver I guess), what a terribly boring grind :(

I'm sad that the end game content all feels like a grind with very few interesting challenges so far, Adamantoise was just a long slow boring fight with zero chance of death. I was hoping for KH 1-2 levels of awesome end game content (Never played the Final Mix versions so not even talking the best stuff) but it all just feels awful and MMO-ish in design.

At least KH's grindy stuff like the big coliseum fight felt genuinely threatening at multiple points, and its big bosses have you constantly on the edge of death instead of just grinding away on their billion hp life bars.

Ray Down

Banned
Luna met the gods before Noct. I need DLC where we see her journey through all that. It would flesh out her character immensely.

Might be happening, though it sucks if she gets DLC but not being added playable to the main game.

Unless they do some wibbly wobble timey bullshit.

OrionX

Might be happening, though it sucks if she gets DLC but not being added playable to the main game.

Unless they do some wibbly wobble timey bullshit.

You'll have to wait for the sequel probably.

Etro, the unseen Goddess, has been watching all this time, and felt pity for Noct and Luna. She thought Luna's dress was super cute, and wanted to see their wedding, so she brought them back to life.

But it came with a cost.

A time paradox was created, and the resulting chaos pulled Noctis into another dimension. Now, Luna must rise to save him and protect Etro, alongside Iris the daemon slayer, Aranea the dragoon, and everyone's favorite trusty mechanic, Cindy. Can she reach Noct in time and finally find the happy ending she's always wanted?

Only time will tell. ;)

shiba5

I just realized I didn't have the quest for Pitioss - I just went there. Please tell me I just missed out on some xp, because I don't have the will to go through that again.

What happens if i cleared all forts before finishing the game, cN i still get the airship?

Yes. I basically autocompleted the quest for the "airship" as soon as I picked it up because I had done that fort place long ago and got the item needed.

50k reward quest in kestellum

Oh? Well, oops. Never saw it. What's the quest requiring you to do? There's not exactly a boss or anything to kill there to complete the dungeon. You just pick up the item at the end and leave no?

I just realized I didn't have the quest for Pitioss - I just went there. Please tell me I just missed out on some xp, because I don't have the will to go through that again.

No quest activation. It's a secret dungeon.

What happens if i cleared all forts before finishing the game, cN i still get the airship?

You still need the "Strange Engine" to turn the Regalia into the Type-F. The other two parts that's required are acquired through main quests, via the two quests you did on Imperial bases. You can get the Type F before finishing the game if you have the parts. Turn them over to Cindy for the modification.

TheFatMan

The ending was legit. This game had some truly amazing set pieces and battles. While not overly difficult, I loved the Leviathan and Titan fights. Ifrit was fun and the only one that took a little paying attention ahaha.

The last fight with Ardyn was pretty intense too when you started teleporting all up and down the Citadel.

Really powerful game with some problem. But god damn...still amazing.

mauaus

No quest activation. It's a secret dungeon.

You still need the "Strange Engine" to turn the Regalia into the Type-F. The other two parts that's required are acquired through main quests, via the two quests you did on Imperial bases. You can get the Type F before finishing the game if you have the parts. Turn them over to Cindy for the modification.
Was it an item i needed to find at the base or should i have gotten it by completing the base?

Last night I started doing the door quests and somehow picked the 100 floor dungeon as the first one I'd do (It was closest to the quest giver I guess), what a terribly boring grind :(

I'm sad that the end game content all feels like a grind with very few interesting challenges so far, Adamantoise was just a long slow boring fight with zero chance of death. I was hoping for KH 1-2 levels of awesome end game content (Never played the Final Mix versions so not even talking the best stuff) but it all just feels awful and MMO-ish in design.

At least KH's grindy stuff like the big coliseum fight felt genuinely threatening at multiple points, and its big bosses have you constantly on the edge of death instead of just grinding away on their billion hp life bars.

You can beat Adamantoise now in less than 10 minutes, with the right spells and accessories. But then again, you'll need to grind for the accessories and nexuses on the Ascension board. So I guess it depends on which grind is ...."less grindy"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h08pvGD4kbQ

If you're looking into more excitement and possibility of death, I suggest looking for the Level 99 MA-X Angelus and Level 120 Naglfar bosses. And then there's the Costlemark Dungeon that doesn't allow items usage.

ramyeon

"Off my chair jester, the king sits there" is probably the most badass line I've heard in Final Fantasy.
I liked Noct from the get go but everything about his World of Ruin design elevated him to amazing status. Wish you could use his older model in post game (And also the Kingly suit without the cape).

jiggle

Yes. I basically autocompleted the quest for the "airship" as soon as I picked it up because I had done that fort place long ago and got the item needed.

Oh? Well, oops. Never saw it. What's the quest requiring you to do? There's not exactly a boss or anything to kill there to complete the dungeon. You just pick up the item at the end and leave no?
Yeah it's just item pick up iirc

ramyeon

Once you get the other two parts and handed it over to Cindy, the quest for the Strange Engine will be made available. It's at Formouth Garrison.
You don't hand those parts to Cindy until you get all 3. You get the Formouth quest by driving past it (On the way to Prairie Outpost from Hammerhead) and seeing the huge imperial carrier.

Mario007

I liked Noct from the get go but everything about his World of Ruin design elevated him to amazing status. Wish you could use his older model in post game (And also the Kingly suit without the cape).

Me too. He was a nice laid back guy from the beginning. But once the World of Ruin starts he's basically the badass we've seen from the Versus trailers.

Top Bottom