• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

TannerDemoz

Acquire permanent Aranea and/or turn on easy mode.

Nah, it's not the difficulty. The camera has literally glitched twice on me. I was in the maze area (en-route to the boss) and as soon as I headed east after descending in the bottom left lift of the room (having already fought the pair of red iron giants for the second time round) the camera wigged out and I found myself in permo crouch/first person mode unable to trigger the prompt command to open the next door.

Had to leave, restart the game as it was still messed up when I left, and I'm now on my third playthrough of the dungeon...

LiK

Nah, it's not the difficulty. The camera has literally glitched twice on me. I was in the maze area (en-route to the boss) and as soon as I headed east after descending in the bottom left lift of the room (having already fought the pair of red iron giants for the second time round) the camera wigged out and I found myself in permo crouch/first person mode unable to trigger the prompt command to open the next door.

Had to leave, restart the game as it was still messed up when I left, and I'm now on my third playthrough of the dungeon...

Someone mentioned that using the Regroup Tech with Ignis fixed it for them. Try that.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe

Oh my god. Costlemark was my least favourite part of grabbing the platinum trophy, I can't imagine how annoyed I'd be if I had to do it more than once.

Hopefully third time's the charm for you.

TannerDemoz

Someone mentioned that using the Regroup Tech with Ignis fixed it for them. Try that.

Wouldn't let me use any attacks either! But good fix for when I can use it (I suspect this will happen again) so thanks for the heads up.

Honestly, it's so frustrating. Borderline 'close to calling it quits' kinda thing. I LOVE the game, but I've been unlucky enough to have so many problems like this it's really making it difficult for me.

Hopefully I'll make it through the dungeon this time! I must have killed about 16 giants so far? (My first play through I did 5 runs of the bottom area - two battles with the snake - until the camera glitched same place)

Meowster

Really not feeling the XV piano collections version of Somnus...it's not nearly as good as the version in the game. And this is coming from someone who's purchased every one of these albums.
The rest of it is really good. The version of Relax and Reflect builds on the original and makes it an even better track than the one in the game. I enjoyed them. Wish there were more tracks. At least it's better than XIII-2 getting a grand total of zero smdh.

LiK

Wouldn't let me use any attacks either! But good fix for when I can use it (I suspect this will happen again) so thanks for the heads up.

Honestly, it's so frustrating. Borderline 'close to calling it quits' kinda thing. I LOVE the game, but I've been unlucky enough to have so many problems like this it's really making it difficult for me.

Hopefully I'll make it through the dungeon this time! I must have killed about 16 giants so far? (My first play through I did 5 runs of the bottom area - two battles with the snake - until the camera glitched same place)

No prob. I guess I was lucky. Didn't experience the camera glitch at all during my run and once was enough for me. That dungeon was a grind.

dc89

"When my time came calling, I didn't die. My family died, my country died, but they didn't take me with them. All Hell took from me was this skin, this outer peel that marked me "human." As the pressures within me stretch me to bursting, and I force myself not to cry out, though the words I thought were carved into me are gone, and all I knew is dead. I know how you feel. I've felt that. So show me. That I'm not the only one. That you too can return to this world, for revenge."

SlowClap.gif

Mailbox

Yea

Why does Luna ALWAYS look sick in every cut scene. Like damn she looks so malnourished.

its not in every cutscene. as she communes with more gods, her body gets weaker and weaker.

its pretty clear in the story. she's literally dying as she does her job.

LiK

There was a cutscene with Ravus where she said her body was dying or something. That made it clear she would die even before it happened.

Edzi

Found the 6 piano collection songs on youtube and I really hope they do the entire album like this. Sounds so good.

Meowster

I really do wish we got to see more of Luna because I actually liked the few glimpses we saw of her. Seemed like a more determined and focused Yuna. Braved the face of Gods in order to save the cosmos. Liked her voice actress too.

LordofPwn

the game goes steadily downhill once you leave the main land and doesnt get better until after you beat the game and unlock new stuff in the main land. like chapter 13 is not good but it's not like chapters 11 and 12 were great either.

LiK

Luna met the gods before Noct. I need DLC where we see her journey through all that. It would flesh out her character immensely.

Meowster

Luna met the gods before Noct. I need DLC where we see her journey through all that. It would flesh out her character immensely.
They could have done this so well...

Show as little of Luna as they do in the game. Make her a mysterious figure that you only really get to see and feel her shadow aside from Noct's memories of their childhood together. Maybe throw in an awkward date in Altissia before Luna runs off in the morning. Luna dies. Then, instead of the two or three scenes we get in the game after that, start showing us cutscenes of Luna's work behind the scenes, reveal more of who she was, make us feel a little angry over her sacrifice.

They could fix a lot with the right dlc and/or patch but what a different just four or five more cutscenes could have done tbh.

TannerDemoz

Hey guys, guess what happened.

I just got the quest breaking bug glitch - cutscene didn't happen and I didn't get the weapon

My bad luck literally deserves a thread of its own. Fuck this game.

(See my above posts)

Has anyone got a fix for this? Like now. There's option to leave the dungeon and I don't know if I can actually manage a 4th re-run of this dungeon. I think I want to sell the game.

Tyaren

Why does Luna ALWAYS look sick in every cut scene. Like damn she looks so malnourished.

How do you think Luna cured the sick of the Starscourge and convened with the gods? Leviathan she even had to fight. She basically gave her own living power. She had no crystal to gain it from somewhere else... Then she got stabbed and she still used what was left of her power to heal Noctis and even Ardyn in an attempt.

Pancake Mix

its not in every cutscene. as she communes with more gods, her body gets weaker and weaker.

its pretty clear in the story. she's literally dying as she does her job.

Obviously decided very late in development though (check out how she looked in 2014/2015 below in contrast), and wasn't explained as well in-game as it should have been.

finalfantasyxv-techdebudvm.png

shiba5

I just got the quest breaking bug glitch - cutscene didn't happen and I didn't get the weapon

(See my above posts)

Has anyone got a fix for this? Like now. There's option to leave the dungeon and I don't know if I can actually manage a 4th re-run of this dungeon. I think I want to sell the game.

Ugh, I feel really bad for you. I would have probably broken my controller if that had happened to me. I did look around and didn't see a workaround for it. It seems to be pretty common.

Edit: Did you go to the tomb of the tall first? Missing that is what seems to break it.

Massive spoiler:

Costlemark Tower is a bag of bollocks and I'm currently having to return to the entrance because of a second camera glitch.

Game is a joke.

(See my above posts)

Do you keep your game running in Rest Mode between play sessions?
I was getting all kinds of graphical glitches until I did a hard restart/shutdown.

Pancake Mix

Luna looks sick on purpose is the new Tidus' laugh is bad on purpose

Pretty sure it's true. I've posted what she looked like until earlier this year twice now and it was indeed talked about in game, briefly. It's not like they didn't have a healthy-looking model of her around.

Edzi

Luna looks sick on purpose is the new Tidus' laugh is bad on purpose

Both cases were on purpose though.

I was getting all kinds of graphical glitches until I did a hard restart/shutdown.

Yeah guys, don't use the PS4 rest mode feature while in game, I started getting weird graphical glitches too. I don't think this just a problem with FFXV either, it seems to screw with a lot of games.

LiK

I always remembered the Tidus laugh was on purpose for the context of the game. Never understood why people felt the need to shit on it unless they didn't actually play the game.

Edzi

I always remembered the Tidus laugh was on purpose for the context of the game. Never understood why people felt the need to shit on it unless they didn't actually play the game.

They think it's funny to shit on the game.

LordKasual

Banned

Because taking things out of context specifically to shit on them is what biased FF fans do best

just look at everything regarding Luna on this forum

Zafir

But people like different things.

FFX is my favourite Final Fantasy. I'm not a fan of that laughing scene. I get the intention, still don't like it. :p

Philippo

Show as little of Luna as they do in the game. Make her a mysterious figure that you only really get to see and feel her shadow aside from Noct's memories of their childhood together. Maybe throw in an awkward date in Altissia before Luna runs off in the morning. Luna dies. Then, instead of the two or three scenes we get in the game after that, start showing us cutscenes of Luna's work behind the scenes, reveal more of who she was, make us feel a little angry over her sacrifice.

They could fix a lot with the right dlc and/or patch but what a different just four or five more cutscenes could have done tbh.

Yeeees, i so wanted something similar.
Just some alone time for Noct and Luna.
Maybe something similar to the FFVIII dance scene.
A bit awkward like you say, to show how Noct actually can't deal with these things.
We don't even know about how they feel about this thing outside of "duties", i mean does Noctis even have feelings for her?
I know its hard work, but i hope they'll put in something similar.

Zafir

just look at everything regarding Luna on this forum

Luna is a character who could have had potential, but instead they didn't utilise it at all.

Many people don't like her character because of that.

I don't understand how this is so hard to comprehend.

Both cases were on purpose though.

Yeah guys, don't use the PS4 rest mode feature while in game, I started getting weird graphical glitches too. I don't think this just a problem with FFXV either, it seems to screw with a lot of games.

Yeah, I heard the Last Guardian has issues too.

In XV, I forgot to do a hard reset between play sessions late in the game.
When I did a dungeon run, there weren't any enemies.

It was just a straight shot to the tomb.
It would have been nice if I was only focused on getting the King's weapon... I was trying to get EXP.

LordKasual

Banned

I don't think that Noctis and Luna should directly interact before she dies. This was the most intentional thing about her death.

More cutscenes, sure. Playable little sections where she meets the astrals, sure. But how she actually died was fine.

Luna is a character who could have had potential, but instead they didn't utilise it at all.

Many people don't like her character because of that.

I don't understand how this is so hard to comprehend.

If this was the key complaint i kept reading then I wouldn't really care. But it isn't. Sorry.

TannerDemoz

I've actually done it on both occasions to charge my pad so you might be onto something there. Thank you!

I just hope I can force myself through it again tomorrow. Leaving it for tonight.

B-Dex

All this music talk lead me to the Abbey Road livestream on YouTube. Seeing Yoko play Apocalypsis Noctis with a full orchestra was all kinds of yes. 🤓

Zafir

If this was the key complaint i kept reading then I wouldn't really care. But it isn't. Sorry.

But it is, I read your "argument" with others of Luna in the female characters thread.

The core of the discussion was Luna offered little to no screentime, and so while she had potential, it was never used in any way that suggested she was a strong female character. Instead her entire character revolved around Planet Noctis, which frankly when you compare it to practically every other female main character in the series, that's a massive fucking disappointment.

I swear you read what you want to read.

jimmypython

Massive spoiler:

Costlemark Tower is a bag of bollocks and I'm currently having to return to the entrance because of a second camera glitch.

Game is a joke.

yeah it was so frustrating....it happened to me almost every time I did warp strike. I found using a magic bomb would fix the problem.

Some found using an item on party member helps too.

Top Bottom