• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

Akainu

FFXV is a content rich game by industry standards.

Its unfinished only to the minority of us who had lofty expectations.

But objectively speaking yes.Its a very much a finished game.

The bare minimum of what we get in past final fantasy games are lofty expectations?

Ferr986

The bare minimum of what we get in past final fantasy games are lofty expectations?

If we talk about content, as HeelPower said, this game has many, if not more content that past FFs.

The only place where it's lacking compared to others is in story.

Akainu

If we talk about content, as HeelPower said, this game has many, if not more content that past FFs.

The only place where it's lacking compared to others is in story.

the endgame content in this game is much more then the bare minimum.

i'd say it's up there with most of the content heavy ones.

I'm talking about story beats. I'm not really interested in stuff after the fact.

pLow7

I just saw the campfire scene with english subtitles and while it was still powerfull, the german one is soo much better.

While in the english one Noctis says "After all this and seeing you here.." he says "...it's more than i can take" in the german one he says "i would rather back out of this".

But especially the last part is hugely different and i don't understand why:

ENG:
Noctis stands up and says: "Well what can i say...You guys...are the best"

GER:
Noctis stands up and says:"Thanks for all guys..you are the best FRIENDS someone can have"

Don't know why, but it seems pretty different to me...

Iceternal

I just saw the campfire scene with english subtitles and while it was still powerfull, the german one is soo much better.

While in the english one Noctis says "After all this and seeing you here.." he says "...it's more than i can take" in the german one he says "i would rather back out of this".

ENG:

GER:
Noctis stands up and says:"Thanks for all guys..you are the best FRIENDS someone can have"

The french version is very different too :

FR :

"Thanks for all guys, you're like brothers to me"

Munti

ENG:

GER:

Related to differences in the language-versions, I quote my post from the other thread:
I just checked the english wikia and I didn't see something very important story-related mentioned there. I played the german dub/sub, so maybe this info is missing in the english version?
I'm not sure, so I will post this info here: IIRK, Ardyn tells that the plague is caused by parasites that came with the fallen meteor.
He also says that he absorbed the parasites to save the people from the plague. But by this act he was seen as a monster or something like this and was banned.

Mendrox

the endgame content in this game is much more then the bare minimum.

i'd say it's up there with most of the content heavy ones.

I would be interested to hear what you liked in the post game. It's nothing compared to 7-10 which had post game stuff which was also useful. Here? 2nd level dungeons let's goooooo...oh what I got is useless.

No post game summon
Laughable "super"boss (which is marked as one) Omega and the level 120 MK are heavy hitters, but also nothing special (the level 120 is easily farmable)
Upgrading weapons is nice but also quiet useless except for Ultima Blade (which is also not the strongest weapon in the game)
Mob hunts? Yeah they are cool, but where is my monster capture or something like that? Would have been awesome in combination with the monster arena

Dunno. The 2nd level dungeons are a fucking joke for what you get. Also no epic boss fight.

Would have loved capturing monsters and creating new super bosses or getting Odin by doing all the 2nd level dungeons and fighting the Knights of the Round in a special fight or something like that. Also more things for the Regalia F-Type to fly to.

Awh hell. I don't like the MMO design in this game and there is nothing different. Even the quests in FFXIV feel more personal cause..well the characters talk to you directly and more personal and the quests have some good storys in them too..

Nydius

Well the story is not the best. Can agree with that.

but you should try the post game.

My personal thought on it is: The only thing that should show up after you beat the game is Adamantoise. Unfortunately the way they bolted on the back half of the game, they pretty much were left with no choice but to offer this content as "post-game". Walling off access to great weapons and other gear that then exists only to beat other post-game content (rather than the main game) is asinine and so very un-Final Fantasy like. Grinding to find good-better-best weapons before beating the final boss has always been a staple of the FF series but in this one many of the best weapons aren't even available until beating the game, at which point their usefulness is extremely limited.

Quocia

Neo Member
I would be interested to hear what you liked in the post game. It's nothing compared to 7-10 which had post game stuff which was also useful. Here? 2nd level dungeons let's goooooo...oh what I got is useless.

No post game summon

So Ifrit cannot be summoned after we beat him ?

Koozek

ENG:

GER:

I was really surprised how good the German VA was in general and especially the camping scene, yeah. Was the first time in my life I played a game in German. Found that scene more touching than the English one (though generally Noctis' VA is still the best of the English cast). There's something more natural about the German script. As we speculated months ago the script seems to be based more directly on the Japanese one, which is quite different to the English one. Would be interesting to see a comparison video between them now that the game's out.

Nydius

So Ifrit cannot be summoned after we beat him ?

Nope. Shit, most of the time when I get summons in the Sealed Door dungeons, it just gave me the same tired Ramuh hurling the lightning staff underground like the game did most of the time when I was in Lucis before the timey-wimey stuff.

Since "obtaining" them, I've seen Leviathan a grand total of two times outside of the main story missions and Shiva ZERO times. Meanwhile Ramuh is basically Noctis' fourth Bro.

royox

While in the english one Noctis says "After all this and seeing you here.."

When Noctis sits on the throne he says "arigato" (thank you) to his friends, father and Luna. In english he says "I love you guys".

They did the same stupid thing in X when Yuna said " i love you," to Tidus in Japanese she said "thank you,".

I was really surprised how good the German VA was in general and especially the camping scene, yeah. Was the first time in my life I played a game in German. Found that scene more touching than the English one (though generally Noctis' VA is still the best of the English cast). There's something more natural about the German script. As we speculated months ago the script seems to be based more directly on the Japanese one, which is quite different to the English one. Would be interesting to see a comparison video between them now that the game's out.

That's true of most SE translations nowadays I think (that they're directly based on the Japanese script rather than being translations of the English translations). The French version of Chrono Trigger DS for example disregarded all the well-known English names and used the original Japanese ones instead.

But yeah I believe the general consensus is that FFXV's German version is of better quality than the English one.

When Noctis sits on the throne he says "arigato" (thank you) to his friends, father and Luna. In english he says "I love you guys".

They did the same stupid thing in X when Yuna said " i love you," to Tidus in Japanese she said "thank you,".

In FFX it made sense though. The FFXV line seems like the translator (not the same person as in FFX) wanted to make a cool throwback to FFX except it's not a good decision at all since the contexts aren't the same.

Arkeband

Banned
It's worth pointing out that we do get an Ifrit's Horn key item so I would be surprised if, by PC launch, he and Bahamut aren't summonable.

I did not like that ending. Not one bit. Chapters 5 through 13 were a venture in seeing how many puppies you could kick before your consumer would shed a tear. Half the tragedies didn't even have that much narrative umph behind them, and I literally rolled my eyes at Prompto's big reveal. The tonal shift was just too abrupt and there was not enough exposition to make me care about the the interactions between the characters, and if I were Noctis I would have just said "screw my country, I am going to live out my days as a hermit battling daemons."

pLow7

The french version is very different too :

FR :

"Thanks for all guys, you're like brothers to me"

Much much better too!

It's really odd.

I mean "I dont know what to say" and "Thank you guys" is not the same thing. Noctis knew what he wanted to say that's why jumped off his chair and stood in front of the bros. Why they cut off the "thank you guys" and replaced it with this is beyond me.

That level 120 boss is a pushover. Just use bioblaster and his hp drops like a rock. Warp strike and parry his attacks and he's literally useless. I beat him at level 60.

Just finished the game yesterday. I don't know, overall the game is nothing much, having a hard time having any good feelings for it. That Chapter 13 nearly did me in it was so badly thought out. Was it suppose to be a horror survival chapter? If the rings magic was better I'd had been more forgiving of it, but damn. Not only that but it felt like the longest chapter in the game. The whole game feels half baked.
It really took out any desire to do postgame content. Oh well. Onward to Persona 5!

DarkKyo

So, is it impossible to get snapshots from the Ifrit battle? I took a ton in Insomnia and during that battle but when I finally rested after the game was over and it spat me out pre-final boss, no photos ever showed up...

Hobbes211

I don't think the definition of hyperbole is put to better use than this forum's collective description and opinion of chapter 13.

It really wasn't that bad.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
How did Ardyn absorb the parasites INSIDE himself though?

latest

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I just finished the main story last night and I don't want to read through 200+ pages of thread to find the answer.

In a nutshell, how did Luna end up back with Noctis in the final scene in the throne room? I thought they died (Luna in the Leviathan fight, Noct in the final part of the Ardyn battle where it looks like they are in space). Is that scene supposed to represent some sort of afterlife?

Manu

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I just finished the main story last night and I don't want to read through 200+ pages of thread to find the answer.

In a nutshell, how did Luna end up back with Noctis in the final scene in the throne room? I thought they died (Luna in the Leviathan fight, Noct in the final part of the Ardyn battle where it looks like they are in space). Is that scene supposed to represent some sort of afterlife?

Yes.

Yes but at the same time nobody is really sure. Noct's VA was told to call it the afterlife during recording though. I wouldn't say confirmed but that's the best we'll get. In the Train when he sees a vision of Luna we can even see the blue sparkles around her just like the ending so I'm thinking it is confirmed.

Golnei

How did Ardyn absorb the parasites INSIDE himself though?

latest

"When my time came calling, I didn't die. My family died, my country died, but they didn't take me with them. All Hell took from me was this skin, this outer peel that marked me "human." As the pressures within me stretch me to bursting, and I force myself not to cry out, though the words I thought were carved into me are gone, and all I knew is dead. I know how you feel. I've felt that. So show me. That I'm not the only one. That you too can return to this world, for revenge."

HeelPower

Because its a cheesy attempt by Tabata to tug at heart strings.

He couldn't even sustain a true feeling of tragedy by asserting that once people die,they just die.

Because its a cheesy attempt by Tabata to tug at heart strings.

He couldn't even sustain a true feeling of tragedy by asserting that once people die,they just die.

Wow, really? Just make them die for god's sake.

Another question: Why was Ardyn helping Noctis so much? He needed Noctis to enter the crystal or something? Why not just kill him?

Hobbes211

Wow, really? Just make them die for god's sake.

Another question: Why was Ardyn helping Noctis so much? He needed Noctis to enter the crystal or something? Why not just kill him?

He needed him to absorb the crystals power so that when he killed Noctis, no other successor could be named to claim the power and challenge him.

I personally didn't see it that way, I just saw it as symbolic. I know this may be dumb, but the characters who are actually dead interact with Ardyn in some way, Luna, and then Regis in his King ghost form. So that to me just makes me think they are alive and kicking somewhere.

I also took this as a subtle hint that they're still alive.

Tyaren

For everyone who is still like:
But the bros are all dead because they were there in the afterlife to help Noctis defeat Ardyn! D:
The final defeat of Ardyn does not take place in the afterlife but in the heart of the crystal.
After Noctis gets sucked into the crystal this is what Bahamut explained to him:
"The heart of the crystal, wherein lies the soul of the star. And it is in this place, where the king will gain the power to fulfill his calling. By the light of the crystal and the glaives of rulers' past."
If that wasn't clear enough, the Ardyn defeat takes place in the exact swirl of blue and violett with crystal particles floating around in which Noctis was when he met Bahamut...
It's not only not the afterlife but the bros are also not there in reality when Ardyn is defeated. They are a mere vision of Ardyn. We only see them for a second from Ardyn's point of view. He then shakes his head in agony and they are gone again. It is only Noctis and the former Lucian kings who defeat Ardyn, just as Bahamut foretold. (I think Luna and Regis too were only visions by Ardyn.)
The only afterlife scene in the game (the campfire scene took place before entering Insomnia to confront Ardyn) was the scene of Noctis' and Luna's wedding. Regis was with them (in voice) but none of the bros attended. You would think they were invited if they were dead as well, right? That was also the point of having the bros there in a picture...unless you chose Cindy. ;)

Hobbes211

I also took this as a subtle hint that they're still alive.

When I got to the ending my girlfriend suspected that it's just them leaving the opportunity open for a FFXV-II, like they did with X. If you watch until after the credits, Tidus is alive and swimming in the water, just like Luna and Noctis are together at the end.

jimmypython

ENG:

GER:

JAP:
I...I LIKE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

very different indeed lol

Kamina

Golden Boy
I really liked the ending with Noctis and the bro's and Noctis and Luna afterwards. It was a refreshing surprise after that depressing "everyone dies" end.

LiK

Great idea but at least 30 mins needs to be cut from it

The whole door shit at the beginning and keycard upgrade parts should've been cut. Backtracking through the boring hallways made it very repeittive. I would say that's what made it such a bore.

Top Bottom