• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

Eylos

Banned
I just beat the game this morning. The campfire scene got to me too.

A few things that puzzled me.

Why did Noctis get absorbed into the Crystal?
Gladiolus, Ignis and Prompto were at that one realm with Ardyn and Noct. They weren't dead.
Noctis and Luna got married in the afterlife?

I didn't like how you were so underpowered and had to use the Ring of Lucii just to deal with any enemy. Cheap jump scares and hiding from them just to progress in certain areas.
The Ifirit boss fight was cool. Two summons to end him and you still had to work for it. Too bad you can't summon him or Bahamut normally like the rest.
I noticed Nyx was in the throne room. I thought that was cool when I saw Kingsglaive.
Ardyn's fight was a little underwhelming. At least it was man to man. Camera went wonky when the fight goes DBZ literally. Same with Leviathan. I couldn't really see my target half the time to hit him. One of the rumors from 4chan was that Arydn's final form was cut.
I also wanted to spend more time in the World of Ruin. Like the throwback to FFVI.
The logo reveal at the end was a little surprising for me and didn't like the story due to how it ended.

Overall, I can really call those three my bros. The game is short, but I enjoyed my adventures with them. I got tired of hearing Gladiolus saying I'll taste test for you almost everytime Ignis discovered a new recipe. Just came to the realization that King Regis was talking to Bahamut in the Omen trailer.

Gonna try the Aranea glitch. It works post game right?

Yes, it works

Mailbox

The "ultimate final form" stuff can work well in some cases (like Exdeath and Kefka) but can also just be horrible and feel like it comes out of nowhere like Necron.

I feel a demonic Ardyn could actually work here due to him having absorbed so much demonic stuff but I did like how the fight ended anyway.

It could work, and it probably was in the plans at some point, but I feel like it would have been against the themes of the game. Ardyn is a monster not because of the scourge or his tainted soul, but because of his need for vengeance and his pitiable fate. I think a monster final boss would have cheapened him in a way. It would have been like admitting the gods were right in their shunning of him, which whose to say if they were or not. If a monster were to come, it'd stop feeling like the multifaceted tragedy that it was.

Ray Down

Banned
Is there any real point to glitching in Aranea into the party other than she cool?

Not to disregard her but is she all that useful in doing so.

Does she grow stronger as you do, does she take care of herself or she just a weak link to have around?

Mailbox

Is there any real point to glitching in Aranea into the party other than she cool?

Not to disregard her but is she all that useful in doing so.

Does she grow stronger as you do, does she take care of herself or she just a weak link to have around?

Her stats are pretty weak in post game.

that being said, there are 2 main pluses:
1. she appears in prompto's photos. Poses in group photos and whatnot too. Its cute.
2. guests can't die or enter danger. Having an eternal party member can be very helpful in tight spots :)

Ray Down

Banned
Her stats are pretty weak in post game.

that being said, there are 2 main pluses:
1. she appears in prompto's photos. Poses in group photos and whatnot too. Its cute.
2. guests can't die or enter danger. Having an eternal party member can be very helpful in tight spots :)

OK didn't know this, now I see the point.

Wilsongt

Did they ever ACTUALLY state that the original logo was a depiction of Etro?

People assumed it was Etro because of the artwork in the cutscene with Stella and Noct staring and talking about the painting.

If there is one thing I want from any DLC, is an actual expansion on Prompto's origins, more about the Demons, and an explorable World of Ruin.

sappyday

Chapter 13 is lovely. Final Fantasy can do a bit of survival horror if it likes. What it CANNOT do is be a fucking platformer. I think I've spent arpund 10 hours in Pitioss or whatever. One final door left and the twisted parralel metal made me call it quits. I hate that place soooooooo much.
Pitioss claims another soul. Love that dungeon.

Mailbox

OK didn't know this, now I see the point.

Its like the main reason Iris is the best guest in the whole game:
1 shotting MT assassins (who are still total assholes postgame)
having infinite healing items she uses on allies a lot (basically acting as white mage)
and can never die.

In terms of usability I'd love to see an iris glitch where we can use her outside of cliegne :p

edit: could have used a little of Pitioss in the story dungeons imo. Loved how involved and thought provoking that dungeon was. If only Noct would stop falling off shit when I try to reposition him.

shiba5

OMG Costlemark was awful. I couldn't see shit. At one point I had 3 red giants and 2 of those giant snake things. Glad it's done.

OMG Costlemark was awful. I couldn't see shit. At one point I had 3 red giants and 2 of those giant snake things. Glad it's done.

To beat it.... I just took ring of the lucii and holy everything until armiger was full. Since my bros were stupid as fuck and kept dying I eventually got a summon and it cleared the whole room. But I was able to dodge almost everything!

shiba5

To beat it.... I just took ring of the lucii and holy everything until armiger was full. Since my bros were stupid as fuck and kept dying I eventually got a summon and it cleared the whole room. But I was able to dodge almost everything!

I used my summon on the previous room of 2 red giants and a giant snake thingie. Then I used another on on the Jabberwock because I was sick of being in there.

Ventara

So I just finished the game, and someone is telling me the 3 bros died fighting the mosters outside while Noctis was in the other realm. Any truth to that, because it sounds like bull to me and that they're being an idiot.

Mario007

So I just finished the game, and someone is telling me the 3 bros died fighting the mosters outside while Noctis was in the other realm. Any truth to that, because it sounds like bull to me and that they're being an idiot.

It's not confirmed anywhere to be honest. And I doubt it, since Noctis was all like "I leave this to you" and the only one he sees in his afterlife is Luna.

Ruff

All depends on if you see the "beyond" as the afterlife and how you interpret the bros appearance alongside all the other dead people when they show up for Noct. I personally see it as a "friends are my power" trope.

JayEH

That never occurred to me until I read it here on gaf after I beat the game. There's not much evidence for them being dead imo.

I personally didn't see it that way, I just saw it as symbolic. I know this may be dumb, but the characters who are actually dead interact with Ardyn in some way, Luna, and then Regis in his King ghost form. So that to me just makes me think they are alive and kicking somewhere.

Ventara

Yeah, thought so. They were really being annoying about it too. Anyways, I'm off to try the Aranea glitch. Just read you can have her in your party permanently.

Moneal

It's not confirmed anywhere to be honest. And I doubt it, since Noctis was all like "I leave this to you" and the only one he sees in his afterlife is Luna.
Yea if the guys were dead wouldn't they be with him in the throne room at the end. That told me they were alive. Also the "I leave this to you" meant more than just the demons, it meant rebuilding Insomnia and the world.

Mailbox

I wish veiled in black was the standard night fight theme like in Episode Duscae.

It feels SO much better fighting a red giant to that song than to the "strong daemon"

Lexxism

Is there anyone who can provide a link with all of the cutscenes and maybe the fight scene from chapter 1 to 14? I saw this one but it's all pretty much cutscenes and no fight sceen on it. My friend want to see the game through watching it.

CLBridges

Costlemark...Yeah. Red giants, flans and the snake creatures everywhere. I was shocked that I got through it. Still enjoying the game though. Completed the legendary weapons questline from that guy in Lestallum, wasn't too bad. Gonna try out the Zwill Crossblades tomorrow, heard they were good.

Man, so thankful for Ignis tech Overwhelm. It's gotten me through some fights that I otherwise might not have completed on 1st try.

Mailbox

Is there anyone who can provide a link with all of the cutscenes and maybe the fight scene from chapter 1 to 14? I saw this one but it's all pretty much cutscenes and no fight sceen on it. My friend want to see the game through watching it.

Its actually a very bad idea to "watch" this game tbh. Most of the story-dialogue and some VERY important context and explanatory stuff is done through banter and radio and whatnot. Just seeing cutscenes in a game with this kind of narrative (let alone the fact that even with the stuff mentioned, the narrative is really messy) is just gonna be a bad time for everyone.

fallingdove

Chapter 13 is lovely. Final Fantasy can do a bit of survival horror if it likes. What it CANNOT do is be a fucking platformer. I think I've spent arpund 10 hours in Pitioss or whatever. One final door left and the twisted parralel metal made me call it quits. I hate that place soooooooo much.

Lol - I share your hatred of Pitloss

it took me about 3 hours and a part of my soul to finish. when I was done, I jumped in the type F to get the hell out of there. I didnt realize when i started accelerating, that I didnt have enough road and crashed into the mountain - loosing all of my progress.

When I found out about what the hood does, I decided to play through it again. Now, having played through twice, and safely escaped once, I will never return to that god forsaken gameplay experiment.

Lexxism

Its actually a very bad idea to "watch" this game tbh. Most of the story-dialogue and some VERY important context and explanatory stuff is done through banter and radio and whatnot. Just seeing cutscenes in a game with this kind of narrative (let alone the fact that even with the stuff mentioned, the narrative is really messy) is just gonna be a bad time for everyone.
I know but that's my friend only option to see this game. I did explain it to him about the game but at least want to watch it on how things go.

Ventara

Is there a way to save the Prompto's photos other than having to share them? Like, is there a way to just transfer them to my screenshot folder?

Ventara

U can take a screenshot of his photo

That leaves a black border around the whole thing, though.

Anyways, I just realized that by clicking the Share button the photo is automatically saved in my gallery; I don't actually have to share it. I can just click Share and immediately back out of it. Didn't realize you can do that, so ignore my previous question everyone.

Did they ever ACTUALLY state that the original logo was a depiction of Etro?

I'm 100% sure it was Etro at some point, but with all the story changes, they just retconned it a few times along the way.

Versus XIII focused so much on exploring a world where Etro was worshipped as God. XIII-2 focuses entirely on Etro and her death is the reason that Lightning Returns happens.

Hell, the eidolons in XIII are Etro's servants and gifts to l'Cie who have lost hope on their journeys to complete their focuses.

She was the only one of the 3 original fal'Cie that Bhunivelze created that wasn't evil, so I think Versus XIII was meant to be her place to shine before they found a new avenue for that through the XIII sequels.

wmlk

I'm looking at Sunhi's gifs...I thought Insomnia wasn't based on Tokyo anymore? I see a bunch of Japanese text everywhere in Insomnia. Or was that a mistranslation?

Zomba13

I'm looking at Sunhi's gifs...I thought Insomnia wasn't based on Tokyo anymore? I see a bunch of Japanese text everywhere in Insomnia. Or was that a mistranslation?

Insomnia is like 100% fantasy Tokyo. The anime has it looking like every other Japanese anime city and in the game there is just a bunch of Japanese everywhere.

mKbLplo.jpg

Farming for a single Magitek Suit V2..........and all the encounters I get dropped are these V1 models.

5% drop chance for the V2, they weren't kidding. Sigh......

Meowster

The piano collections for this game are incredible. Ugh. So disappointing that there were so few songs done for it. I was really saddened that XIII-2 and Lightning Returns didn't get anything considering how good the music was in those two, so I guess this is a step up. Queen Shimomura.

What's the use for them?

Considered to be the best accessory in the game. V1 suits buffs 1000HP 70STR and 50VIT, while V2 goes up to 2000HP 100STR and 70VIT. And they stack.

And they're dropped from a specific mech dropped from the imperial dropships at random. So random, only 5% chance of getting them. The mech from which the dorp comes from also appears randomly, currently there's a method to spawn it reliably. But the problem is mech that drops this item: the MA-X Angelus Zero: Level 99, cycles its weakness against Fire, Ice and Lightning randomly, normal hack and slash does pitiful damage (combos or warp strikes), resulting in a long protracted battle if character loadouts are not correct.

Paz

I could listen to Apocalypsis tracks forever.

The chorus is just insane.

Shimomura's work is pretty much always phenomenal, the soundtrack is horribly underutilized in game for various design reasons but the music itself is just awesome.

Edzi

The piano collections for this game are incredible. Ugh. So disappointing that there were so few songs done for it. I was really saddened that XIII-2 and Lightning Returns didn't get anything considering how good the music was in those two, so I guess this is a step up. Queen Shimomura.

Piano collections?

Meowster

Shimomura's work is pretty much always phenomenal, the soundtrack is horribly underutilized in game for various design reasons but the music itself is just awesome.
Yeah. The game was definitely designed so that you'd be wondering around listening to your favorite series tracks. Which I don't mind but it sucks that you miss out on so many great Shimomura tracks except for the bombastic and epic battle themes.
Piano collections?
It's a six track arrangement of six songs that came with the limited soundtrack.

Somnus
Valse di Fantasica
Disquiet
Relax and Reflect
Veiled in Black
Melancholia

Top Bottom