• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

Adaren

The ending was a total dud for me. The campfire scene was alright, but everything else fell somewhere between average and poor. Definitely a far cry from "best ending ever".

Here was my post in the OT from a few days back, right after I finished it. I don't think my opinion has really changed from when I wrote this post. The logo reveal still feels dishonest to me. They're trying to market the game as a renamed FFXIII Versus, despite having no desire to actually keep things from Versus' development. They use one logo for marketing, and then have a second "true" logo that actually means something within the game. Annoying.

Outside of the campfire scene and a few nice musical moments, everything post-Ifrit was shit. The logo reveal makes me legit angry.

My favorite part of the game was Chapter 9 through Ifrit, honestly. The beginning of the game was whatever, and the ending was just flat out bad. There were moments that I legitimately liked in the middle. But god, that ending was terrible, in gameplay, plot, and visuals.

They build up an entire story on themes of brotherhood and friendship, then in the 11th hour the villain randomly knocks your friends out and Noctis can't even be bothered to ask if they're alright before he goes solo yolo on the final boss in the world's most boring hold-square-to-DBZ shonen anime reject. Hot garbage.

The icing on the cake was the Amano art getting retconned into Luna sitting on the floor at the feet of her husband. You're in your goddamn wedding dress, sit in a chair for fuck's sake.

Socivol

"FFXV is unfinished! So much was cut!"

People's heads would spin if they knew just how many games have this much content cut before release. FFXV has a beginning, a middle, and an end. It's a complete game. People are within their rights to not like it, but that doesn't mean it's unfinished.

Adding scenes detailing Ravus doesn't mean they shipped an incomplete product. People complained about his lack of presence (I love the game and I agree he got shortchanged) and SE decided to expand on him to please you. Had no one complained, they wouldn't have worried about it. They're going to tweak Chapter 13 based on fan complaints, not because they suddenly realized WHOOPS, ITS SHIT (it's not btw).

Honestly, I think they should be commended. I can't remember a time a major dev did something like this in order to placate their fanbase.

I'm really looking forward to the additions. I am hoping they expand on Ardyn, Luna, Ifriit, and the emperor as well.

Fou-Lu

I was expecting another form of Ardyn but it never happened. Worst final boss of a FF game

I can understand why someone could be disappointed that Ardyn didn't follow the traditional FF and JRPG formula, but I personally liked the fact that you just fought him man to man.

Manu

Did anyone else do an awesome parry on the Adamantoise where Noctis gives each one of the guys a sword and they jump on its head from above?

It was amazing, shame I didn't record it.

Socivol

No. Those were just assumptions from fans (As usual with Versus XIII).

I've always wondered the confirmation for this. Just like people saying Glauca was in the 2013 trailer when they never even announced the character until this year and never stated he was in the 2013 trailer.

So I did the Aranea glitch thing and she appears in pictures, eats with you, etc. Does this prove she's dlc for later as Tabata said "important characters" playable in the future? I mean, I hope they don't patch this cause it is pretty neat stuff!

Ishida

Banned
I've always wondered the confirmation for this. Just like people saying Glauca was in the 2013 trailer when they never even announced the character until this year and never stated he was in the 2013 trailer.

People believe the big, mechanical-like soldier from the E3-2013 trailer, who appears besides Ravus, is an early Glauca design.

I mean, it's possible. But there is no official confirmation of that. Of course, you get the usual "but it's OBVIOUS". Well... I prefer to have my official sources. :)

Ray Down

Banned
So I did the Aranea glitch thing and she appears in pictures, eats with you, etc. Does this prove she's dlc for later as Tabata said "important characters" playable in the future? I mean, I hope they don't patch this cause it is pretty neat stuff!

Well she does have a move set so yeah I imagine she will be added later. Along with Cor and Iris at some point.

Wonder who else though. They can also add dead characters to the multiplayer unless it has some weird story purpose where they shouldn't be there.

The ending should of had Nocto and Luna flying away in the car in the afterlife like this:
grease-sandy-waving.gif

Ferr986

Holy fuck what kind of magic do you use for this?

Not really, she has photo poses because Ch.7. And she doesn't really have eating/camp animations, she just stand there with the regular idle posing.

That being said, I don't see why SE don't just enable it. Even if it's a glitch and there's stuff missing it does the job well enough on having a companion in the post game content.

SkylineRKR

Did anyone else do an awesome parry on the Adamantoise where Noctis gives each one of the guys a sword and they jump on its head from above?

It was amazing, shame I didn't record it.

Yeah. I think you need to be lined up on the ground with his face. It was pretty cool.

shiba5

OMG landing the car... or should I say not landing. I think I'll just drive everywhere.
Oh, but my bros are getting up early and daylight is long again. No idea what was up with that.

Ishida

Banned
You guys should post your Regalia landing videos. I use the Type-F all the time and not a single time have I crashed it. I would like to see your techniques.

Mailbox

OMG landing the car... or should I say not landing. I think I'll just drive everywhere.
Oh, but my bros are getting up early and daylight is long again. No idea what was up with that.

Use auto and not manual when using type-f. Ignis lands the car much much better than noct.

You guys should post your Regalia landing videos. I use the Type-F all the time and not a single time have I crashed it. I would like to see your techniques.

Ever since I stopped using noct to drive, I haven't crashed once. Seriously people, stop using manual! Ignis will not total your car and it will not have damage even if you crash into a wall at relatively high speeds. Landing is significantly smoother with iggy.

TissueBox

Yeah landing the type-F is pretty seamless for me, just make sure you're lined up with the road and not inching towards a tunnel or tight turn.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Did they ever ACTUALLY state that the original logo was a depiction of Etro?

The implications of talking about etro in reference to the painting during the party scene, which was of the original logo made it a very strong indicator and reference point.

latest

shiba5

Use auto and not manual when using type-f. Ignis lands the car much much better than noct.

Ever since I stopped using noct to drive, I haven't crashed once. Seriously people, stop using manual! Ignis will not total your car and it will not have damage even if you crash into a wall at relatively high speeds. Landing is significantly smoother with iggy.

I tried, but he hit a lamp post and spun off into oblivion. LOL
I just have to get used to it. I just hate sitting through the long loading screens.

Any time someone criticizes an aspect of a game you act like it's physically bothering you. Love the game all you want, but being blind to it's issues does not put you in a good light. You can't even have a conversation with someone, you just throw it out completely without even taking into consideration what they're saying.

But you'll probably respond with some one word answer to this and any other post you don't like, so I don't even know why I'm bothering.

SkylineRKR

Once you're spotted (and they had eyes in their back) you could either hold block to win or cast Alterna. I thought it was completely terrible and just so fucking boring.

Mailbox

I tried, but he hit a lamp post and spun off into oblivion. LOL
I just have to get used to it. I just hate sitting through the long loading screens.

I've only had a lamp post issue once when taking off (as noctis) never as ignis.

Try landing more middle of the road or centre right rather than full on right.

Once you're spotted (and they had eyes in their back) you could either hold block to win or cast Alterna. I thought it was completely terrible and just so fucking boring.

I guess I didn't mind it as much. Alterna has a freakin beautiful animation so I always wanted a reason to do it more in that chapter.

I never bothered with stealth for that chapter lol.

Lynx_7

I can understand why someone could be disappointed that Ardyn didn't follow the traditional FF and JRPG formula, but I personally liked the fact that you just fought him man to man.

Me too. That's always been a personal gripe of mine with JRPGs though. You spend the whole game chasing a villain but you only get to fight some deformed aberration that bears his name and little resemblance to his appearance when the time for the big showdown comes. It's fine if that's his second form or whatever, but when you don't get to defeat his actual humanoid form at least once (in an actual fight, yes I'm looking at you Sephiroth) I always find myself disappointed. I really liked Ardyn because of that. The last big showdown with the whole group was against Ifrit and I'm fine with that.

Mailbox

Okay, so how do you do the Aranea glitch...
Asking for a friend (cough)

Probably any Photoshop-like software which can convert video to gif. It's a 15 MB gif; the quality simply comes from that filesize rather than any specific technique I think.

Pretty sure he interpolates it into 60fps, adds some post-processing filters and then converts it into a .gif file.

jimmypython

of the whole ending sequence, I liked the king stabbing CG the most. If I didn't play the game and just saw this clip, I would assume the game was about Noctis' growth. I'd assume the whole game was to prepare him for this moment. He might be a spoiled kid and a runaway, but having been through all the bad things, he's determined and had no doubt anymore.

Regis by his side witnessing his own son fulfilling his destiny, feeling sad and proud at the same time, as well as having to do the final stab was utterly touching.

Infest

One of the major problems I have with the game is unfortunately sth. that's related to the troubled development and probably sth. that can't be fixed with any patch. It's hard to describe but many things in FF XV feel like they're "out of place".
-> It often feels like certain plot points, areas, motifs, whatever etc. were build and designed with a specific purpose in mind but because of the ongoing development changes they eventually lost all of their original purpose and meaning but were still kept in the game. Things like the "Lucis skull" logo, the whole character of Cor, the Etro painting in Kingsglaive or of course the changed logo at the end of the game, just to name a few. But there are a lot of other (bigger) moments in the game where I had this feeling and I don't think I can be the only one who thought so.

Footos22

Chapter 13 done. Was bad in level design but dealing with the enemies was piss easy. Isn't the worst thing I've ever played. Far from it.

Eylos

Banned
About aranea bug, there's something odd, i was viewing the Pictures of the day them i saw a Picture of aranea and gladiolus. Then noctis talked
"Getting comfy you two"

Gladiolus answered something

Then prompto

"Aww It should be me"

But how it exists this talk, If aranea enters the party when gladiolus is out. Strange.

I was expecting another form of Ardyn but it never happened. Worst final boss of a FF game

Have you played IX or X? Yu Yevon and Necron were horrendous.

Ardyn's final boss fignt was awesome, I thought. I totally understand it's a departure, not having some big godlike transformation. But that's kinda why I loved it.

Any time someone criticizes an aspect of a game you act like it's physically bothering you. Love the game all you want, but being blind to it's issues does not put you in a good light. You can't even have a conversation with someone, you just throw it out completely without even taking into consideration what they're saying.

But you'll probably respond with some one word answer to this and any other post you don't like, so I don't even know why I'm bothering.

Cool.

Having Aranea in the party via glitch is a game changer for me, lol. If SE patches this I will probably miss it. I like how she acts like she's actually with you in the party and while her animations are certainly from chapter 7, I feel there is definitely more intended to her. I wish she can get in the regalia though.

Zomba13

About aranea bug, there's something odd, i was viewing the Pictures of the day them i saw a Picture of aranea and gladiolus. Then noctis talked
"Getting comfy you two"

Gladiolus answered something

Then prompto

"Aww It should be me"

But how it exists this talk, If aranea enters the party when gladiolus is out. Strange.

She can still drop in for fights and Prompto can still take pictures so they could still show up together in a picture and get that comment.

Have you played IX or X? Yu Yevon and Necron were horrendous.

Ardyn's final boss fignt was awesome, I thought. I totally understand it's a departure, not having some big godlike transformation. But that's kinda why I loved it.

While I agree with FFX (the final boss was a giant, floating tick between two floating puzzle pillars), I liked FFIX's final boss fight. He might came out of nowhere, but he at least looked like a final boss, and combining him with the fight that came before (
Deathguise and Tranced Kuja
) was a pretty good set of boss battles, IMO.

With Ardyn, I can understand how some might like the man vs man battle, but I've always loved the "final form" type boss battles, so I was disappointed nonetheless. Would've loved to see what his final form would've looked like. Maybe they will include unused concept art in the Ultimania.

Zomba13

The "ultimate final form" stuff can work well in some cases (like Exdeath and Kefka) but can also just be horrible and feel like it comes out of nowhere like Necron.

I feel a demonic Ardyn could actually work here due to him having absorbed so much demonic stuff but I did like how the fight ended anyway.

spunodi

Chapter 13 is lovely. Final Fantasy can do a bit of survival horror if it likes. What it CANNOT do is be a fucking platformer. I think I've spent arpund 10 hours in Pitioss or whatever. One final door left and the twisted parralel metal made me call it quits. I hate that place soooooooo much.

The "ultimate final form" stuff can work well in some cases (like Exdeath and Kefka) but can also just be horrible and feel like it comes out of nowhere like Necron.

I feel a demonic Ardyn could actually work here due to him having absorbed so much demonic stuff but I did like how the fight ended anyway.

I mean, honestly, I feel like it wouldn't have fit him personally. That's just me though.

I just beat the game this morning. The campfire scene got to me too.

A few things that puzzled me.

Why did Noctis get absorbed into the Crystal?
Gladiolus, Ignis and Prompto were at that one realm with Ardyn and Noct. They weren't dead.
Noctis and Luna got married in the afterlife?

I didn't like how you were so underpowered and had to use the Ring of Lucii just to deal with any enemy. Cheap jump scares and hiding from them just to progress in certain areas.
The Ifirit boss fight was cool. Two summons to end him and you still had to work for it. Too bad you can't summon him or Bahamut normally like the rest.
I noticed Nyx was in the throne room. I thought that was cool when I saw Kingsglaive.
Ardyn's fight was a little underwhelming. At least it was man to man. Camera went wonky when the fight goes DBZ literally. Same with Leviathan. I couldn't really see my target half the time to hit him. One of the rumors from 4chan was that Arydn's final form was cut.
I also wanted to spend more time in the World of Ruin. Like the throwback to FFVI.
The logo reveal at the end was a little surprising for me and didn't like the story due to how it ended.

Overall, I can really call those three my bros. The game is short, but I enjoyed my adventures with them. I got tired of hearing Gladiolus saying I'll taste test for you almost everytime Ignis discovered a new recipe. Just came to the realization that King Regis was talking to Bahamut in the Omen trailer.

Gonna try the Aranea glitch. It works post game right?

Top Bottom