• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Taipei Game Show | January Active Time Report Thread

theofficefan99

The reason I think June is unlikely is because for a game this big, I think they would want at least a full 6 month marketing cycle for it, which they have indicated will begin in March. That also includes retailer tie-ins, on-site promotional stands, etc. A 3 month cycle would be extremely short.

I would say August or September for sure.

Jigolo

The reason I think June is unlikely is because for a game this big, I think they would want at least a full 6 month marketing cycle for it, which they have indicated will begin in March. That also includes retailer tie-ins, on-site promotional stands, etc. A 3 month cycle would be extremely short.

But this game has had 10 year marketing already

Trace

Banned
Boss★Moogle;193801169 said:
Sorry but as far as JRPGs go I think graphics aren't that important. Games like FFVI and Chrono Trigger can still be enjoyed today by a new generation of gamers that didn't grow up on 2D games and to whom such graphics look primitive.

Persona 5 and Tales of Berseria will be coming to PS4 as well and they will be vastly inferior to FFXV in the technical department and yet they may very well end up being better games.

It's not like the Final Fantasy games have been anything but cutting-edge when they were released though. FFVII for instance might look primitive now, but at the time it looked insane.

Boke1879

Boss★Moogle;193801169 said:
Sorry but as far as JRPGs go I think graphics aren't that important. Games like FFVI and Chrono Trigger can still be enjoyed today by a new generation of gamers that didn't grow up on 2D games and to whom such graphics look primitive.

Persona 5 and Tales of Berseria will be coming to PS4 as well and they will be vastly inferior to FFXV in the technical department and yet they may very well end up being better games.

Eh but a game like FF it's kinda expected that it pushes some boundaries regards to tech. Why do you think FF7 was so big?

gameovergreggy

Kinda Funny Games
this is seriously stupid. Greg Miller doesn't even like final fantasy.
Hey--

That was actually's Square's *idea* when working with us. Don't get me wrong, I don't HATE Final Fantasy, but I've never connected with it. Meanwhile, Tim loves it.

Their point with Final Fantasy XV is that it'll bring in both of us -- noobs and hardcore fans.

<3
Greg

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Boss&#9733;Moogle;193801169 said:

You know game development does not work like a binary slider right?

Trace

Banned
Hey--

That was actually's Square's *idea* when working with us. Don't get me wrong, I don't HATE Final Fantasy, but I've never connected with it. Meanwhile, Tim loves it.

Their point with Final Fantasy XV is that it'll bring in both of us -- noobs and hardcore fans.

<3
Greg

Good to know, thanks Greg.

I expect big things from this.

BIG THINGS.

artsi

IMO Tales actually needs a graphics update badly. Berseria seems like it'll have the same bare, boring environments like Xillia and Zestiria.

Quote bump. I can't watch footage right now

VastHairyIberianchiffchaff.gif

it's looking good

Graphics has historically been a staple of the Final Fantasy brand though. They basically sold FFXIII on the graphics.

theofficefan99

You guys I have a dilemma :(

I wanted this to be my last bit of info/footage until the game's release but with "Uncovered" being in LA for free... idk what to do :( I don't want the game to be spoiled

Boke1879

Dont get me wrong, i love Greg Miller. But i wanted to see a hardcore fan there.

I think it's good to have one mega fan and someone who hasn't really connected with the series there. Greg is a fan of JRPGS. No question about that. This will also be a test to see if they can get people who aren't really that big in to FF in the fold as well.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So a lot of FF games have an initial threat but usually there is something out someone who shows up later on to become the main threat. I wonder if we will get that again in this game?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Dont get me wrong, i love Greg Miller. But i wanted to see a hardcore fan there.

A hardcore fan may not necessarily make a great host though. Greg has always been a really good host.

Plus when I see people go way over the top at these presentation events and see them fall out of their chairs, it seems forced to me and awkward anyway. As long as the person does a great job at what they are supposed to do, that's the most important thing IMO.

Hey--

<3
Greg

This will be interesting to see.

That trailer got me so hyped. I can definitely see this being my hand of the year 2016 if it does in fact release in 2016.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I think good graphics are always important, and if you disagree about it mattering with JRPG's in general that's fine but....FF has had really good graphics for the time since FFVII if not earlier. It's definitely important to this franchise. It's certainly the case here.

IMO Tales actually needs a graphics update badly. Berseria seems like it'll have the same bare, boring environments like Xillia and Zestiria.

Gonna guess it's the lack of a large enough budget.

Kagari deserves it more than anybody

Well I hope she gets to go at least.

AdanVC

Hey--

<3
Greg

Wow, didn't know you were on GAF! :D U da best. Looking forward to the March event is going to be insane!

injurai

Banned

There is a lot of tech in here that is integral to the game design, and FFXV will be pulling things off for RPGs that have never been done. Things that the Persona team couldn't dream of approaching yet.

Arkeband

Banned
Greg just explained it. I actually like that idea of bringing in someone who's not familiar along with someone who loves the franchise. Perspective is nice.

They should just bring a fan who is excited by everything and a GAF member who isn't impressed by anything.

BALANCE!

MilkBeard

You're missing the point. Final Fantasy has been cutting edge since the PSX days. And the games you listed like Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger certainly pushed the SNES back in the day.

Also, I feel that a part of the interest in Persona 5 is because of its unique visual style. Cue all the jokes about menus. And Tales needs a visual update, badly. Berseria isn't looking too hot. I'll still play it for sure though.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

This is final fantasy. It's all about cutting edge tech as well. Here they showcased a bunch of new gameplay including much better looking combat and a small snippet of what they're actively working on yet we're supposed to be bothered by them talking about the tech? ._.

aadiboy

I like Greg Miller, he'd be perfect for a Persona show. But I don't know how I feel about him hosting this event. If he were to praise a game he didn't really show any interest in before it would be kind of disingenuous. If he criticized the game the whole time it would be annoying.

Top Bottom