• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Taipei Game Show | January Active Time Report Thread

Stealth is not like Duscae and the Chocobo can kick.

And we didn't even get a trailer.

Steps up all around.

I just hope they show more enemies. This looks like a very small bestiary so far >.>

CaBXeJMUAAAKzY7.jpg:large

tumblr_ngvfgmwYcS1r6usnpo3_1280.png

What about the blonde guy? Did he get cut? :< Disappointed in the Niflheim part. I wanted more

Combat footage looked promising, like the sound of the magic systems, and Tabata looked fairly confident. I think the game really is coming together nicely!

burgerdog

Expecting release on Dec 30th here in the states. Lol.

Game is looking good, can't wait to play it. Also excited for the March event. Looking forward to hear what's in a collectors edition.

It's going to be before Christmas and possibly before thanksgiving if it's going to hit this year.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Is there going to be some sort of gaming event in March for them to come all the way to LA for the March event?

Doesn't seem like it. They're just starting to spend their marketing dollars now since it'll be the start of their actual marketing campaign.

theofficefan99

I was thinking the same thing.

Yeah. It's a shame but I'm sure the end result will end up feeling completely different. I mean, not like Type-0's set up sounds entirely different from something like XII, either.

Well, this is still Fabula Nova Crystallis isn't it?

I mean, the premise doesn't really include any FNC elements. I'm just referring to the whole "nation with dictator conquered everything except the home of the main characters" premise which is the same as Type-0's.

Hastati

Had serious MGS recall in the last video! Was very impressive overall. I'm still a little worried that it will suffer from the usual dilution of activities that open world games are plagued with, but the graphics, gameplay and even story look pretty entertaining right now. Really quite excited to play it, but if they are going to announce it in March then are we looking at a November release or maybe early next year?

On Demand

Banned
Up until now what they've been doing was for FFXV fans. After March they'll focus on a wider audience.

Uh oh.... Leona Lewis incoming.

sense

If they're announcing in March, I would say best case scenario is Sept and worst case scenario is Dec.
August would probably be better away from the fall releases but square has deus ex for that month so either they surprise us and say June or it is September imo

Sagittal

Banned
I'm struggling to view this title as a Final Fantasy game, I just hope all of the teleporting and jumping around won't get to messy.

Hatchtag

Banned
is there a recap available anywhere?
all i've seen was metal gears are now in, there's stealth for some reason, and we're getting the big release date thing in two months.

theofficefan99

...can they reveal the price of the tickets at least?

EDIT: It's free?

Wow... I want to avoid footage until the game is out but I dunno if I can. Especially if there's a free event in LA.

AdanVC

Man, if they announce a CE at the March event I will preorder it in a second! The thing is that I don't even have a PS4 yet but this game totally convinced me to get one ASAP to play this beauty. This FF is aiming to be among the best on the franchise already!

duckroll

August would probably be better away from the fall releases but square has deus ex for that month so either they surprise us and say June or it is September imo

The reason I think June is unlikely is because for a game this big, I think they would want at least a full 6 month marketing cycle for it, which they have indicated will begin in March. That also includes retailer tie-ins, on-site promotional stands, etc. A 3 month cycle would be extremely short.

Boss Mog

This is how games are made man. The technical things are the most important things.

Important things like graphics and presentation?

You cannot separate technology from a videogame. Tech is just as important as game design.

Sorry but as far as JRPGs go I think graphics aren't that important. Games like FFVI and Chrono Trigger can still be enjoyed today by a new generation of gamers that didn't grow up on 2D games and to whom such graphics look primitive.

Persona 5 and Tales of Berseria will be coming to PS4 as well and they will be vastly inferior to FFXV in the technical department and yet they may very well end up being better games.

Top Bottom