• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer: English Voices

Begaria

Hearing it in English just makes this game seem so..."actually coming out" to me. I don't know. Weird. I like what I heard.

HyperOne

Banned
Sounds absolutely awful. The main characters all sound like dude-bros. Oh well, I had hopes...

Maybe it will bless us with dual audio.

I still can't get over the retarded IRL looking car in a universe with as weird of flying aircraft as FFXV. This all just smells bad to me. FF Type-0 HD still holds my interest at least.

I like Gladio and Prompto's.

Still not bought on Noctis. Some parts he sounds fine, some part it's like he's trying that non-chalant voice too hard, and comes out raspy like Batman.

Ignis is blerghhhh.

I love how prompto sounds in this, so fun and hot. one of the characters voice is too deep imo.

Though I liked the JPNs too, I hope we have the option for both, would run through it both times.

"It's been a long time. Too long. Not much longer." That is definitely different from the original japanese trailer with subtitles. Hopefully means it's coming along smoothly and soon.

Trago

Yeah, I need to get used to Ignis's accent and Noctis's I-can't-belive-it's-not-Batman-voice. The others sound fine.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I hope SE will release FXV with dual-audio. It's just weird finally hearing it in English after all these years in Japanese, Eng sub lol

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, the beginning sounds awful. It got better. But Noctis sounds strange. Dammit, I got used to the Japanese trailers.

Not bad. Gladiolus sounds like a badass(almost young-Auron-ish). Prompto sounds, well, like he should(excited young guy). Noctis, I actually like the seriousness of his voice. Ignis, I was put off by his accent, but I think it works and helps him sound more dignified, as well as unique.

Awesome for English VA. Bring it on, baby!

Also, I remember people initially thinking Altissia was Accordo(name changed). It looks like Luna escaped Altissia("She made it out alive?") and is now seeking shelter in Accordo.

komorebi

Sounds absolutely awful. The main characters all sound like dude-bros. Oh well, I had hopes...

For what exactly? The game is specifically about four male characters, for better or worse. This has been widely known. Burly guy will sound burly, smart ass guy will sound smart ass. What were you expecting?

Top Bottom