• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer: English Voices

Hindl

At first I thought it sounded horrible, but it's just one guy. That high-pitched guy is annoying as fuck, the rest are fine

muzzymate

How can this finally be in my native language but make even less sense than the subtitled version? Looking forward to this one whenever they get it finished.

Asd202

This is me listening to this trailer
post-34601-batman-smile-gif-Imgur-sAyR.gif

I don't even know what to make of this. It feels so weird to hear these characters in English when all we've ever heard was Japanese... I really hope they offer Japanese language options as well. Hmm.

Heartfyre

Noctis-ohgee. Noctis-ohgee, NOCTIS-OHGEE!

I'm quite happy with the voices themselves, though the audio mix could have used some more work.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sounds good to be honest.

Can't believe this game is actually happening.

Hexa

This is so bizarre. After hearing the Japanese version so much (by which I mean like 5 minutes over and over again) this felt off.
SE put Japanese voices in the PC release of FFXIII right? Hopefully they'll do the same here.

dramatis

It bothers me that someone has an accent when presumably they're all from the same country, but okay.

Will need more than one trailer to judge the performances.

Flarin

Prompto and Gladious sound pretty spot on. As good as I could have expected. Can't say I saw Ignis with a British accent coming. Noctis' voice sounds a little deep as well. Will wait to hear more in the demo before making a final judgement.

Either way, I hope they make the Japanese VO available so players can enjoy both.

Twookie

I sorta liked the voices, dunno if they're good or if the voices are just a sign of the game actually releasing in our time

Chilikar

I'll be honest, I wasn't looking forward to hearing them... but they turned out to be pretty good.

I think I hear an accent from all four of them, so that's pretty cool. I think some gaffer's wanted to hear them have accents

Asd202

It bothers me that someone has an accent when presumably they're all from the same country, but okay.

Will need more than one trailer to judge the performances.

Dude he's supposed to be smart you can't be smart without British accent.

Geg

Voices are fine for the most part but I was definitely thrown off by Noctis sounding deep and gruff lol

Tabata mentioned at the Japan Expo that they were going to try to include dual voices.

Oh really?! That's music to my ears, thanks man. I'm so used to the Japanese voice cast now after all these years that I don't think I could play XV starring Troy Baker, Yuri Lowenthal, Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, Johnny Yong Bosch and Troy Baker.

PaineReign

Neo Member
IDK, I think the voices are fine, but I am personally just impressed by the music again, it really is fantastic. They announced who the composer is already, right?

komorebi

This is so bizarre. After hearing the Japanese version so much (by which I mean like 5 minutes over and over again) this felt off.
SE put Japanese voices in the PC release of FFXIII right? Hopefully they'll do the same here.

They most likely will considering this game is guaranteed to come to PC, PS5 and PS6 to try and recoup the development hell.

Mortemis

Banned
...I'm going to need a while to adjust, seeing as all these years I've only heard Japanese.

Doesn't sound too bad though, just weird.

Sciortino

After listening to Japanese dub for years this is extremely weird. Anyway the voices are alright I guess. Noctis at least sounds pretty good but maybe a little too deep.

Weird. Too used to Japanese voices. BUT Ignis , the best character so far, is even better now! Effing British! They nailed him!

Also, Noctis's voice is way too deep. Doesn't suit him at all. And one of them sounded like Troy Baker. Watched on the phone so coudn't make it out, but I thought it was whenever Noctis talked. In any case Matthew Mercer is likely in this.

SPAW

lip sync seems way off, but I am actually comfortable with all the characters expect Ignis.. he just sounds to much as a pretend wizard from Shakespeare... not OK.

Heartfyre

IDK, I think the voices are fine, but I am personally just impressed by the music again, it really is fantastic. They announced who the composer is already, right?

Yoko Shimomura. Yes, we're getting a whole Final Fantasy game's worth of Kingdom Hearts/Xenoblade music. Probably what excites me most about the game.

I'm somewhat curious as to why they didn't show this at PSX. Sure, it's been a week since, but this would have been a nice reveal. At least some some of the bitterness out of the whole FFVII debacle.

Dark_castle

Out of fucking nowhere!

The dub is actually pretty decent as far as American localization goes. I still hope they keep the dual language option.

I still find it weird that these four dudes drive around in a convertible, approach some wild animals in their natural habitat, and then kill them with swords.

Top Bottom