• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Find A Game Only You Played (H.O.R.S.E. for Gamers)

Aside from a lot of many other obviously non-rare games (Discworld is obscure, really?), and a few others I didn't feel like quoting, I played all these:

Art Alive.
Future Classics Collection
->I had no clue Silkworm is considered rare, but it's not been contested in the thread. I played the Spectrum version to death.
Spy vs Spy
Shadow of Destinly
-> I actually liked it, BTW.
The 7th Saga

I've played a ton of obscure PC games, but I've forgotten the name (and in many cases almost everything else) of them. This is one I remember quite well because both me and my father played a lot (each on our own of course, it's not multiplayer):

breachiiprofile.png

The game is Breach 2. Breach 1 and 3 look completely different from the screenshots, so this is definitely the one I played. I guess you could define them as a proto-XCOM. It also has Wikipedia, Mobygames and Gamespot pages, which probably means it's not nearly obscure enough for this thread (I should go for obscure Spectrum games instead :D).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breach_2

Brokun

Lots of obscure games in here. It's... it's beautiful.

Here's one from my childhood that I loved but was extremely difficult. Somebody has probably played it, but maybe not?

o7g0.jpg

Metal Marines.

Shingro

Lots of obscure games in here. It's... it's beautiful.

Here's one from my childhood that I loved but was extremely difficult. Somebody has probably played it, but maybe not?

o7g0.jpg

Metal Marines.

I used to draw crazy detailed defense plans in science class in 4th grade dreaming of the time I'd get that game. It took a year or two since seeing it, but yes I did get to play it eventually. Ironically once you discover that troop transports will explode if hit with enough anti air missiles the game becomes somewhat trivial :( (the password system always manages to disappoint me somehow when I revisit it today)

I'll make my own attempt post-work... gotta dash for now though >_>

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
This is a thread of irony, in that it is full of old juniors. ;)

I think my "H" is pretty solid so I claim it. I'm going to go safe but risky for my "O": safe in that I'm going really old but risky that I'm picking an entire console:

RCA Studio II
2166726-rca_studio2__1_.jpg

My brother and I used to play bowling and baseball on it all the time. It didn't even put out sound through the TV as it had a built-in speaker for beeping, so you had to turn the TV down or all you would get is static.

Never met anyone else who had one.

Toad.T

Banned
H:
926448_62822_front.jpg

...I am ashamed.

o:
8130-CHAMPKong.jpg

I know what you're thinking, but it's a PC port, NOT the original.

r:
House_of_Tarot.jpg

So hey, remember when you got free prizes in cereal? It's kinda like that with this, but with Sega Game Gear eBay orders instead.

Adding some more:

s:

I dunno why, but the site I got this from suggested Bible Black (A infamous hentai game) as a related game.
...yeah.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
This is a thread of irony, in that it is full of old juniors. ;)

I think my "H" is pretty solid so I claim it. I'm going to go safe but risky for my "O": safe in that I'm going really old but risky that I'm picking an entire console:

RCA Studio II
2166726-rca_studio2__1_.jpg

My brother and I used to play bowling and baseball on it all the time. It didn't even put out sound through the TV as it had a built-in speaker for beeping, so you had to turn the TV down or all you would get is static.

Never met anyone else who had one.

You sir, have a museum in your house. Amazing.

Here is the one I could think of off the top of my head. I think I might still have the NES cart laying around somewhere.

timthumb.php

Edit: Going for my H

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
GpFMwcw.jpg

It's criminal how few people know about this DS gem. :(

I really, really would like to know who made these games and what the hell are they coding nowadays lol

I just got mind blew when discovered Don Mattrick was the creator of this beauty:

stunts_03.gif

Damn I loved that game. Really pushed what the school computers could do. Couldn't you make you're own tracks like excitebike?

Anyway, here's my H (fingers crossed).

Noctropolis_cover.jpg

Brokun

Oh, and also this.
It felt like a western developer tried to make JRPG and...it turned out good.

If anyone played it I would like to know what you think

Totally played Septerra Core, but never finished it. I wasn't crazy about the characters or world building but the gameplay was my cup of tea. It definitely felt like a western developed jrpg.

mltplkxr

Second mention of Chiki Chiki Boys. After the Euro and JPN version, I'll chime in with the N/A one. Really fun game that I only saw once during my collecting days.

It would be too easy to list any number of forgotten or obscure C64 games so I'll submit this:
wdduu3f.png

Pretty sure no one in the US bought or played this!

nny

Second mention of Chiki Chiki Boys. After the Euro and JPN version, I'll chime in with the N/A one. Really fun game that I only saw once during my collecting days.

It would be too easy to list any number of forgotten or obscure C64 games so I'll submit this:
wdduu3f.png

Pretty sure no one in the US bought or played this!

Maybe not in the US, but I have it (European version) ;)

Top Bottom