• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Firemind

autobattle is great.

Till you have 1 melee unit vs 1 ranged unit circling around an obstacle and the ranged unit can't kill him.

Then autobattle just gets stuck in an endless loop till you realize it.
Or you have your staffless healer sandwiched between the enemy and your armour knight and the armour knight just gives up.

So teams with a specific play style like desperation Nino wouldn't work with auto battle right?
Indeed. Just think back to your Arena opponents. They will simply try to charge ahead and won't take advantage of advanced techniques. They are pretty smart with Wings of Mercy though XD

Sciel

Just made this beauty earlier
5edbd9a4db.jpg

Now I can run Flier Emblem!
Hinoka pls

Also leveled the following chars who i have ignored thus far:
Alm (+speed/-atk lol)
Summer Xander (+HP/-Res)
Linde (+HP/-Res)
Sanaki (+Def/-Hp lol)

Aesnath

So teams with a specific play style like desperation Nino wouldn't work with auto battle right?

Usually not a great choice. I've had pretty good luck using a team of level 40, physically defensive units, with a staff-less healer, running the level 30 hard. Every now and then they get screwed, but usually the beat all the maps. For reference: 5* Chrom (+def/-atk, healer build), Nephenee (+atk, -spd), B!Ike (+def, -hp), 4* Clarine (rehabilitate, fortress defense 2, heavenly light).

Stay away from TA (AI always runs them into unfavorable matches) and generally frail units. I also tend to dislike fliers, just due to archers.

Sushen

Got a +Spd/-Def Fir with the Three Heroes orbs because there were no green orbs.
There was a time Fir was my only red sword and Beruka was the axe user. My team started to come together once I got Reinhardt before his days of fame. He turned the pineapple boy a headache into an easy pray.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yeah. You want units that are balanced, with no crippling weaknesses that will get them oneshot too easily. Because the AI WILL put units into unfavorable situations, and you want units that can take a hit or two from unfavorable matchups. Glass cannons aren't so great in autobattle, because the AI is not smart enough to pull them back to safety afterwards.

Units like dragons, DC units like Ike/Ryoma, and others that are generally tough enough to at least survive fighting against unfavorable matchups are best. Being able to oneshot stuff is not a requirement, though it helps.

Pejo

Just made this beauty earlier

Now I can run Flier Emblem!
Hinoka pls

Also leveled the following chars who i have ignored thus far:
Alm (+speed/-atk lol)
Summer Xander (+HP/-Res)
Linde (+HP/-Res)
Sanaki (+Def/-Hp lol)

What's the deal with Hit and Run on flier teams? Is the idea to hit a melee unit over un-passable terrain like rivers and mounts, then retreat where they can't hit back?

Alucrid

Banned
What's the deal with Hit and Run on flier teams? Is the idea to hit a melee unit over un-passable terrain like rivers and mounts, then retreat where they can't hit back?

that's one reason. another one is that helps make it easier to reposition units out of the enemies' reach

Shinypogs

B!ike and Soren are at B support. B!ike is running qr2 in his b slot and needs to pick up ignis at some point but is doing fine with aether atm.
Soren is promoted to 5* and got a +1 merge. He is now running gronnblade, fury. Desperation and fortify res along with the res +1 seal to help power his iceberg.
Eirika in the process of being trained, promoted and learning some new skills.
Ninian needs lightning breath.

Need to put green tome breaker on Xander and swap Camus from Grani shield which he was using for TT to fury.
Training Julia as a healer, wish I hadn't missed breath of life seal.
Valter and Michalis still need more training and promoting. Wish I had hinoka to feed to them.
Inigo training still in progress.

Scum

B!ike and Soren are at B support. B!ike is running qr2 in his b slot and needs to pick up ignis at some point but is doing fine with aether atm.
Soren is promoted to 5* and got a +1 merge. He is now running gronnblade, fury. Desperation and fortify res along with the res +1 seal to help power his iceberg.
Eirika in the process of being trained, promoted and learning some new skills.
Ninian needs lightning breath.

Need to put green tome breaker on Xander and swap Camus from Grani shield which he was using for TT to fury.
Training Julia as a healer, wish I hadn't missed breath of life seal.
Valter and Michalis still need more training and promoting. Wish I had hinoka to feed to them.
Inigo training still in progress.
Disgusting.

Alright I tried a few auto battles in the TT, works a lot better than I thought it would. I got more or less the same amount of point than I would playing it through normally. This is gonna save me a lot of time in future TTs.

ggx2ac

Currently rank 566 with 192k points in TT. Had to do a bunch of extra runs because there was a rush of people trying to get into the top 1000.

StAidan

I'm just beyond rank 2500 now with about 150K, I'd like to think it will hold until the end. I don't really want to grind anymore, the only reason I spent so much stamina to do it this time is my severe desire for feathers.

Sciel

Yes, Sciel!

Has IntSys released “Genny on a Dragon” yet? 👀
Do you mean a healer dragon? D: . I don't even have the original genny.

I want a good IV cherche so bad. My flier team is 3 blues and a red atm.
I raised this one from 3*. Had a few 4* Cherche's but their IVs were not any good.

Alucrid has already answered it but yes, that and for survivability since a lot of the Flier units are very frail.

Maybe the update is tonight.
There's probably going to be one new banner tonight after TT ends.
I doubt there will be an actual update though since its usually done hours beforehand

Are merge bonus retained when you level up?

Main reason I ask is that I currently have a 4* +attack/-hp cherche. I wonder if it would be wise to hold off upgrading her 5* so I can merge any 3*(after promoting to 4*) and 4* I roll in the future.

EDIT:
Ugh just rolled a -Attack/+Spd Minerva from the performers summon focus.

ggx2ac

Main reason I ask is that I currently have a 4* +attack/-hp cherche. I wonder if it would be wise to hold off upgrading her 5* so I can merge any 3*(after promoting to 4*) and 4* I roll in the future.

EDIT:
Ugh just rolled a -Attack/+Spd Minerva from the performers summon focus.

If say you have a 4* Level X + 10 unit, you will lose the merged 10 bonus levels when you upgrade the character to 5*.

100,093 pts.

I'm rank 51,374 and am expecting to drop further.

You can advance a bracket if you get one more run done. I have 100,710 points, and that tiny boost from 100K got me to rank #38,000.

It's pretty hilarious, because it shows that 100K is a clear cutoff point for a lot of us. I'm so worn out.

Although I'm glad that TT is over I'm gonna miss my super saiyan Elincia. Quad striking for freaking 61. Only things that lived were sapphire lances and Black Knight

redcrayon

No they aren't, and probably for that reason, they presumably didn't want people merging the hell out of common units then them being 5* monsters compared to inate 5* pulls.

The only concession you get when promoting a 4* unit with several merges to 5* is a discount in the feather cost to do so.

Taz

Had the game from when it was launched and I've logged in to collect free orbs and do the odd summon, but now I wanna play it more but I have no idea how to build teams so some help would be great, below is a list of my units,

5*
Azura // Shigure // Ninian // Jakob // Lyn x 2 // Young Ike // B Knight // Roy // Shanna // Amelia // Fae // Soren // B Lyn // Maria // Mist

4*
Seliph // Eirika // Lon'qu // Corrin // Hana // Laslow // B Knight // Cain // Eliwood x3 // Stahl // Palla // Lilina // Donnel // Oboro x2 // Effie // Abel // Roderick // Mathilda // Sully // Est x3 // Florina x3 // Nowi x3 // Corrin // Mae // Bartre x2 // Raven // Sheena // Gunter // Narcian // Berkuka // Fae // Nino x3 // Soren x3 // Jeorge x3 // Klein x2 // Felicia // Jakob // Lissa x2 // Sakura

Sciel

Yep. A healer Dragon. ��
Would be interesting! But to get it, we will still need to delve into colorless hell :( .

Had the game from when it was launched and I've logged in to collect free orbs and do the odd summon, but now I wanna play it more but I have no idea how to build teams so some help would be great, below is a list of my units,

5*
Azura // Shigure // Ninian // Jakob // Lyn x 2 // Young Ike // B Knight // Roy // Shanna // Amelia // Fae // Soren // B Lyn // Maria // Mist

4*
Seliph // Eirika // Lon'qu // Corrin // Hana // Laslow // B Knight // Cain // Eliwood x3 // Stahl // Palla // Lilina // Donnel // Oboro x2 // Effie // Abel // Roderick // Mathilda // Sully // Est x3 // Florina x3 // Nowi x3 // Corrin // Mae // Bartre x2 // Raven // Sheena // Gunter // Narcian // Berkuka // Fae // Nino x3 // Soren x3 // Jeorge x3 // Klein x2 // Felicia // Jakob // Lissa x2 // Sakura
Depends what you want to do with it. Have you completed the story on every difficulty, etc?

The bolded units are pretty good right from the get-go and give good color coverage. Brave Lyn will probably carry everything though lol. Other units you can focus on are Azura, Black Knight, and Amelia. You probably need to give some skill inheritance to Soren though.

I'll refrain from commenting about 4*s since I don't typically use them unless they have good IVs (for promotion).

Finally got my first performing unit: Azura (+hp/-spd *sigh*) but i am still glad.
i wouldn't have minded Olivia but i don't care about the male dancers.
Most of the times if i don't get perfect IV i get +hp and -spd or -atk, it is rarely ever anything but that.
Congrats! Regardless of her IVs, she's still a really good dancer. You won't be using her much to trade anyways, since she's so squishy.

Octagon

Finally got my first performing unit: Azura (+hp/-spd *sigh*) but i am still glad.
i wouldn't have minded Olivia but i don't care about the male dancers.
Most of the times if i don't get perfect IV i get +hp and -spd or -atk, it is rarely ever anything but that.

Once I get more feathers in I'm definitely giving Olivia a Poison Dagger. While she probably won't just go around killing people with her less favorable attack than Kagero, with WoM up she's gonna be really annoying for infantry.

I'm not sure how the AI will prioritize attacking or dancing seeing as she's a ranged unit though.

Ninferno

I finally pulled the trigger and changed my regular arena core besides Olivia + 5 from Reinhardt +1 and unmerged Hector to Effie + 3 and Nino + 2, due to my growing worry of the recent upward trend of the arena T20 staying cut off. Man that takes lots of determination as I was completely spoiled by mindlessly using Reinhardt + Olivia in arena for months.

As suspected, my arena score took a BIG hit as I lost my established supports (I have zero doubt supports affect arena scores now, which sucks big time). I previously have S summoner support with Hector, S ally support between Reinhardt and Olivia. Now I have to summoner support Nino, and ally support Nino and Olivia. (I chose this time to change because when Tempest was up I concentrated all my stamina on Tempest and could spare none for support grinding)

And the nightmare starts here. I thought FEW Camilla Hard would be perfect for support grinding as well, but I just did 4 rounds of the map with Nino killing every single enemy while staying adjacent to Olivia, only to see Nino ranked up her ally support with Olivia from C to B, and her summoner support didn't even make that change. This brings up my question, are support points for a map capped at a miserable level? I really don't remember support rank ups requiring so many kills just to get from C to B. Is this how you guys remember it? Like killing 100ish enemies didn't even make your summoner support change from C to B???

My another fear is about the level disparity. Does the system consider lv40 + 2 character as lv 42? So lv 35 enemy is too low for support grinding? I'm still getting the SP though so I highly doubt it, plus the in-game support tutorial text specifically says "enemy level 35 or above", not something like "enemy not lower than 5 levels below you".

Firemind

Nino seems like a bad long term investment unless you're determined to make her lvl. 50, especially seeing there aren't a lot of worthwile B skills so G Tomebreaker is a thing sometimes.

Effie seems pretty meh too. Once a better armour knight comes out, she will likely get the boot.

Ninferno

Nino seems like a bad long term investment unless you're determined to make her lvl. 50, especially seeing there aren't a lot of worthwile B skills so G Tomebreaker is a thing sometimes.

Effie seems pretty meh too. Once a better armour knight comes out, she will likely get the boot.

True. I would have really liked to use +10 Bikes or Hectors. Ranged units without legendary weapons are bad for score and Effie isn't great without DC. However, as an F2P, you don't have much choice; you can only make use of whatever the game decides to throw at you. High score potential is of course nice, but it doesn't mean much if you can't have the merge numbers; and that's why competitive F2Ps will value availability over based score potential for the foreseeable future. I was hesitant, and waiting until now is a proof. However, when the game throws the 10th Nino and 6th Effie at me, the answer is pretty clear.

Anyway, back to the question of support grinding. Has anyone experimented with FEW Camilla Hard vs. Normal 10-map CC before? If there's indeed a support point cap per map, I will switch to CCs for support grinding. After 10 FEW Camilla Hard clears both support ranks are still at C. This is becoming unbearable really fast...

Acerac

Banned
I still don't know who to pursue +10 long term for arena myself, while there are a few decent options there are no standouts that I can find.

Getting to rank 20 seems easy enough even as a f2p. Staying there however seems far trickier.

Nohar

Should I bother ranking up my 3* Nino? She is -SPD +RES. IIRC she is the only character with Gronnblade+, so I guess I can/should rank her up to 5* and transfer it to a better green tome unit? I have Soren (need to check his IV, 4*, not yet 40) and Julia (-ATK +RES). And, well, Inigo (+ATK -DEF).
Also a 1* and 2* Cecilia, but impossible to check IV for now.

I'm beginning to dabble in perfecting my units.

Juni_

Nino isn't a bad investment at all, she is easy to get and merge so why not do tha if you really want to. She can also run g tomebreaker as well.

Effie is also great with dc, slaying lance besides they only added 3 armors in the game since launch so it will probably be a while before they add another one, and there is no guarantee they would be better than Effie.

Wichu

Should I bother ranking up my 3* Nino? She is -SPD +RES. IIRC she is the only character with Gronnblade+, so I guess I can/should rank her up to 5* and transfer it to a better green tome unit? I have Soren (need to check his IV, 4*, not yet 40) and Julia (-ATK +RES). And, well, Inigo (+ATK -DEF).

1* and 2* units always have neutral IVs.

I don't think it's worth ranking up -Speed Nino - her main asset is her ability to get double attacks on the majority of enemies, so dropping her Speed is pretty bad.

Gronnblade Cecilia is pretty good on a horse team - once you pass Gunther and Jagen's Hone/Fortify Cavalry onto your other team members, Cecilia will get a +24 damage bonus when she has both buffs applied (in addition to the +6 Attack from Hone).

If you have a source of Triangle Adept, you could pass Cecilia's Gronnraven onto Inigo - Triangle Adept + Gronnraven is great in Arena for dealing with Reinhardt/Brave Lyn, though -Defense is kinda awkward for the latter.

Ninferno

-SPD is pretty damning for Nino; wait for a better one if you want to use her. Using copies of her with terrible IV for Gronnblade SI is a good choice, but if you haven't played the game for long and don't have a deep roster, I will advise against spending 20k for Gronnblade+; your feathers should have other higher priorities. Gronnblade for Cecilia is more than enough with the absurd horse buffs and you wouldn't want to use her for arena anyway due to the low score.

1* and 2* Cecilia are the free giveaway from the daily HB, they are neutral, and neutral Cecilia is fine with horse buffs.

Top Bottom