• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat Lunatic Michalis using Olivia, Tharja, Subaki, and Effie. Used Effie punch Subaki up the right side and tanked both red units. Used Effie to shield both Olivia and Tharja. Used Tharja to take out Michalis and then finished off the rest.

Slashlen

They haven't let the game go bannerless as far as I am aware. And we are due for a new paralogue I think.

We seem to be on a 2 week cycle. Week 1 starts with the new banner with paralogue, then week 2 starts with Arena including the new heroes. Late week 2 we get the grand hero battle and 2nd banner, at the end of which everything starts over.

Draxal

Got up to 4662.

Facing alot of stone twins, ninos, Lucina, and Julia.

Tbh, putting green tomebreaker on Julia is almost necessary to the point that I'm expecting all Nino's and Julia to carry it now.

Sushen

Does Fire Emblem franchise have enough characters to bring new for, say a year? I wonder when we will run out of new characters and what's going to happen, then.

Cerium

Does Fire Emblem franchise have enough characters to bring new for, say a year? I wonder when we will run out of new characters and what's going to happen, then.

I think they absolutely do considering they've only scratched the surface. We have ONE character from Tellius (Sanaki) and despite her story importance she wasn't really central to the cast. Radiant Dawn had the largest playable cast in Fire Emblem. Can you imagine the frenzy when they actually drop the likes of Ike, Soren, and The Dark Knight?

Then they can always do alternate versions of existing characters. All Gatcha games do this.

Finally, new games are constantly coming out. Echoes is right around the corner and you can bet we're going to have a banner with Celica and Alm.

I don't think they have to worry about running out of characters.

Then they can always do alternate versions of existing characters. All Gatcha games do this

When it gets to this point I hope they do some characters justice like Eliwood and Rebecca.

This was the first grand hero battle I was able to beat on lunatic. Used Camilla, Effie, Takumi, and Lyn.

ggx2ac

At 14 Defense wins counted, remember that your defense results can only record up to ten. I could possibly have more since I didn't look at it for a few days.

Draxal

I haven't yet encountered a green tome that Nino couldn't blow up with buffs.

You would have to hit 72 to ohko a neutral Julia with g tome breaker or 75 if Julia has Res plus 3 still equipped. Otherwise ur getting lit up.

It's fairly common to see it on her as Henry give g tomebreaker 3 at four star and vantage and desperation really doesn't add anything to her and Nino and Julia are very common.

Cerium

You would have to hit 72 to hit a neutral Julia with g tome breaker or 75 if Julia has Res plus 3 still equipped. Otherwise ur getting lit up.

It's fairly common to see it on her as Henry give g tomebreaker 3 at four star and vantage and really doesn't add anything to her.

I meant I feel that Desperation is still the better offensive choice on Nino with more applications. Nino has no trouble with non-Tomebreaker greens. If they do have it, well then yeah adjustments are necessary. Have Eirika take care of it while Nino provides cover.

What happens if two Tomebreakers clash?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
At 14 Defense wins counted, remember that your defense results can only record up to ten. I could possibly have more since I didn't look at it for a few days.

Ok, my Defense team must just suck, no matter what I try I tend to get like 1 defense at best, most weeks getting none.

What do you think is a good defense team I could make with these characters:
LiYPkqR.png

I also have a 5* Eirika I haven't level much also.

ggx2ac

Ok, my Defense team must just suck, no matter what I try I tend to get like 1 defense at best, most weeks getting none.

What do you think is a good defense team I could make with these characters:

I also have a 5* Eirika I haven't level much also.

Vantage on Ephraim, Vantage on Takumi, Triangle Adept on Frederick.

I don't know if that would affect what you have planned for Offense though.

Gotchaye

I think they absolutely do considering they've only scratched the surface. We have ONE character from Tellius (Sanaki) and despite her story importance she wasn't really central to the cast. Radiant Dawn had the largest playable cast in Fire Emblem. Can you imagine the frenzy when they actually drop the likes of Ike, Soren, and The Dark Knight?

Then they can always do alternate versions of existing characters. All Gatcha games do this.

Finally, new games are constantly coming out. Echoes is right around the corner and you can bet we're going to have a banner with Celica and Alm.

I don't think they have to worry about running out of characters.

I think the bigger concern about longevity is that characters at this point are just stats and unique weapons. They're going to quickly run out of design space, and they've taken most of the low-hanging fruit in terms of characters that people just want to have because they like them. There's certainly still room here - dancers of various kinds and flyer mages come to mind - but you can't really differentiate characters with skills anymore. They can add entirely new types, like Laguz (gray melee?), but otherwise they're generally going to be adding characters who are going to be interchangeable with existing characters. They might have new skills but except for unique weapons you can put those on any character.

Sushen

Finally got the first defense this week. Last week was only one either. At this point my defense team to counter one specific setup since I need just one win for it.

ggx2ac

Even if he is still 3*?

Though I was planning on bumping him up to 4* soon (I was training him, Hawkey, and Takumi up at the same time)

As mentioned, you could drop Frederick and upgrade Robin, give him Triangle Adept and, Blue Tomebreaker or some other B skill.

Jims

Question for the Nino experts here. Is Life and Death 3 a no-brainer on an +SPD/-ATK Nino? Mine is currently 4* with 700 SP and am thinking about promoting her and learning the skill relatively painlessly. Even at -ATK, it would put her at 48 ATK with Gronnblade+ and 44 SPD before buffs. The -5 to RES might hurt, though, if she has to go against other greens or even blues.

Using that over Fury 2 (via 4* Bartre) would limit her options for a Vantage setup or something else that triggers at low HP, however.

kswiston

Finally got the first defense this week. Last week was only one either. At this point my defense team to counter one specific setup since I need just one win for it.

I have 3 so far. Having Sanaki as my lead seems to tempt more people. I am planning a major overhaul soon though.

Sushen

I have 3 so far. Having Sanaki as my lead seems to tempt more people. I am planning a major overhaul soon though.
BTW anyone knows when the team gets updated for the defense? I doubt it gets updated every time I make changes to slot 1. Would it be every time I play the Arena? I also wonder how IS makes sure everyone gets a turn to defend every day.

Achtius

If I am planning to run a all flier team, should I do 2 Ward Fliers and 2 Goad Fliers or 1 Ward Fliers (cuz 2 Minerva are going to cost a lot of orbs) and 3 Goad fliers?

I am getting really fed up with the terrible random 9th and 10th stratum enemies. Just always the right thing to wreck my leveling team. Sucks when you have level 34-35 characters and you end up having to pick against level 40s stratums or level 32. I bring Hector to protect my team against some enemies and surprise, Fred with his hammer. Will change the protector, next fight strangely have the answer to the new character. Situations like that are way to common for me. I know it's mostly bad luck but damn...

I realllllly want to put dark breath+ on Ninian, but that is 20,000 feathers.... But -5 atk/spd to all enemy units within two spaces of the one just attacked! That's nuts. Light breath is just too situational as you rarely have units standing right next to you when you attack.

Vena

I realllllly want to put dark breath+ on Ninian, but that is 20,000 feathers.... But -5 atk/spd to all enemy units within two spaces of the one just attacked! That's nuts. Light breath is just too situational as you rarely have units standing right next to you when you attack.

I'd also just not destroy a 5* F-Corrin just for that, lol.

Sushen

Just had underwhelming pulls wasting 100 orbs... Only 5* Jafar is -atk/+spd.

The weirdest one is 4* Klein with spd 1. IV Calculator rates speed from 6-8. What the heck?

Vena

Just had underwhelming pulls wasting 100 orbs... Only 5* Jafar is -atk/+spd.

The weirdest one is 4* Klein with spd 1. IV Calculator rates speed from 6-8. What the heck?

Brave Bow:
Spd-5. Effective against flying units.
Attacks twice if unit initiates combat.

They're updating the IV calculator to not take weapons into account.

Sushen

Brave Bow:
Spd-5. Effective against flying units.
Attacks twice if unit initiates combat.

They're updating the IV calculator to not take weapons into account.
Oh thank you for the explanation. So it goes to my pile of -spd shit... IS loves to give me -spd all the time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I got a double 5*, but it was Chrom and Gordin, which isn't all that exciting. I'm tempted to just Scrap Gordon for his Vantage 3, but have a feeling it would be a bad idea.

I just want a Nino.

alcheim

I think I finally learned my lesson in this banner. If you pull a 5* within the first few pulls... just stop. Quit while you're ahead.

I got a Selena my first single pull, and I felt lucky... so kept on pulling trying to get a 5* green unit. 60 orbs later, all I have is a 5-man squad of Arthurs. I hate that guy so much.

Shinypogs

Lunatic hero battle beaten with Merric, fem corrin, Effie and Olivia. Merric, Corrin and olivia are staples of my team with Effie and Marth rotating in and out of that 4th spot. Did two full pulls on the ninian banner but no luck. I still have 120 orbs but I really only want ninian and I already have a viable dancer so I'm back to saving until a more enticing banner comes along.

I think I finally learned my lesson in this banner. If you pull a 5* within the first few pulls... just stop. Quit while you're ahead.

I got a Selena my first single pull, and I felt lucky... so kept on pulling trying to get a 5* green unit. 60 orbs later, all I have is a 5-man squad of Arthurs. I hate that guy so much.

At least he can pass Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker 3.

Mupod

this is the second time I'm well over 100 deep on a banner with jack shit

https://youtu.be/TrNy7d-v_10

Vena

I think I've dropped around 80 f2p orbs on this banner because I want Roy's mom. I have yet to draw said mom.

;(

Not that I can complain: Eirika, Jaffar, and Elise, and a useful sacrifice in Abel.

Cerium

Question for the Nino experts here. Is Life and Death 3 a no-brainer on an +SPD/-ATK Nino? Mine is currently 4* with 700 SP and am thinking about promoting her and learning the skill relatively painlessly. Even at -ATK, it would put her at 48 ATK with Gronnblade+ and 44 SPD before buffs. The -5 to RES might hurt, though, if she has to go against other greens or even blues.

Using that over Fury 2 (via 4* Bartre) would limit her options for a Vantage setup or something else that triggers at low HP, however.

I personally would not use Life and Death because it makes Nino unable to bait out other green tomes or archers and she also really won't be able to take a hit. Death Blow would probably be ideal, but if you can't get that then I'd probably go Fury 3 anyway.

If I am planning to run a all flier team, should I do 2 Ward Fliers and 2 Goad Fliers or 1 Ward Fliers (cuz 2 Minerva are going to cost a lot of orbs) and 3 Goad fliers?

I would go 2 Goad Fliers and 1 Ward Fliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom