• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jims

Leveled 5* Nino back up to 40 again (man, she levels so fast). Even after questionably putting Life or Death 3 on her, she has 676 SP available again after all the leveling. I wish I had access to Shanna or Karel, or I'd slap Desperation 3 as her B-skill. I have 2 extra 3* Lon'qus, though, so might go Vantage 3. Desperation 3 is so ideal, might wait until I see what the next set of pulls will be. Vantage 3 is a problem for her because it requires her to be so fully buffed all the time to create that Wall of Death Counters. Desperation 3 would be way better here for a straight-up offensive build. Am actually considering swapping Draw Back for Ardent Sacrifice... I have an extra Florina, and it would be another way to manipulate Nino's HP (and get supplemental healing). Her glass cannon nature will make fishing for a little damage more tricky.

Would like to put Swap and maybe Fortify Res onto Effie. She and Nino stand next to each other a lot. Putting back a little of that Resistance might go a long way.

champloo

Henry's stats are...unfortunate.

Yeah his atk is a bit too low, even with TA he won't be able to one round Julia.

But with T-Adept&Quick Riposte he can still consistently ORKO Nino&Takumi on the counterattack. Because his spd is very low, he gets doubled thus fully charges up Ignis in the process. And Henry with Ignis up is very dangerous.

Shun

Nino has achieved her final form.

x6UqSrf.png

Now the long Eirika grind begins.

Replace Draw Back with Ardent Sacrifice for team support and guaranteeing yourself a Desperation from the start of the match.

I have a -HP/+Speed Nino that I'm looking to make soon.

Ardent Sacrifice, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Speed.

Alternatively, Green Magic Break instead.

Vena

So if all you people are all about Nino, what's the best Nino counter?

Roy, with or without TA3, should walk all over Nino. If he has TA3, I don't think Nino will even deal any damage.

The heavy hitting red mages (Lilina/Sanaki) can check them. If Nino gets in Desperation 3 mode they'll both die though.

Green tome breaker on the red mages or Julia should be able to kill Nino regardless of buffs.

I still say Sanaki is hot garbage. She's too slow.

champloo

Ryoma. Or as I mentioned before, Triangle Adept Henry. Actually, Triangle Adept on other red mages should work as well.

The problem with swords other than Ryoma is, they cannot counterattack Nino. Which usually requires them to take a hit and get up close next turn to kill. and that's dangerous because there could be a blue unit backing Nino up.

Articalys

This just isn't working out. Wasted something like 30 stamina in the last few hours picking fights I couldn't win.

Tempted to just blow all my orbs on one of the current focuses and if I don't get a wide enough variety of units to just stop playing. The metagame is morphing into something that's only fun if you have good luck with summoning.

Vena

This just isn't working out. Wasted something like 30 stamina in the last few hours picking fights I couldn't win.

Tempted to just blow all my orbs on one of the current focuses and if I don't get a wide enough variety of units to just stop playing. The metagame is morphing into something that's only fun if you have good luck with summoning.

Ehh my summoning luck has been mostly hot garbage, and I have spent the better part of... well since launch... trying to pull Roy, and failing. I made my team almost entirely through promotions.

Only really good pulls I've gotten were a Tiki-loli (x2, so my Tiki is +1) and Eirika.

My main team is: Tiki-loli, MRobin, Frederick, and Eirika.

Robin started as a 3* and Fredie was a 4* with good IVs. Nowadays, I have no idea why I actually promoted Fredie as he's become effectively terrible with his comical (14) resistance at 40.

Otherwise, I have 5* Sanaki (who I think is trash), Elise (who is a healer and therefore useless), and Jaffar (who unlike Nino, is also useless).

Cerium

Replace Draw Back with Ardent Sacrifice for team support and guaranteeing yourself a Desperation from the start of the match.

I have a -HP/+Speed Nino that I'm looking to make soon.

Ardent Sacrifice, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Speed.

Alternatively, Green Magic Break instead.

I have a Florina which I was going to save in case I ever wanted Darting Blow, but I'll consider it. I haven't run into any teams that give me trouble, so I'm not sure I need to optimize further.

Cerium

On offense? There are hard counters like Sanaki or Tharja. The AI isn't too difficult to manipulate; Nino has a very low def so if you can get close enough to hit her in the face she'll go down.

On defense I think you need a whale team to stop Nino Country. The units surrounding Nino will be built specifically to counter her counters.

I'm surprised there's no Nino x Eirika art yet.

I'd like that.

Sushen

Otherwise, I have 5* Sanaki (who I think is trash), Elise (who is a healer and therefore useless), and Jaffar (who unlike Nino, is also useless).
Jaffar is useless? He's not the hardest hitting ninja, but whoever fights with him gets soften up for an easy follow up. I'm not done building him up, but I expect him to be a pain to deal with in the arena, once I set him up completely.

I still say Sanaki is hot garbage. She's too slow.

Why would her speed matter? She's a one hit kill for the threatening green mages in the meta. Plus with her high res she can face tank them and take barely any damage.

I wouldn't say she's versatile but she can kill the fuck out of a green

Vena

Jaffar is useless? He's not the hardest hitting ninja, but whoever fights with him gets soften up for an easy follow up. I'm not done building him up, but I expect him to be a pain to deal with in the arena, once I set him up completely.

Base attack is too low, and his defenses are already low (including resistance, for a unit that is generally meant to counter mages) so L&D3 make him hopelessly frail. A lot of enemies in both higher/harder maps and Arena have counters or are already ranged units (or are Effie and take zero damage from Jaffar's comically bad attack). He will die to a trade if he doesn't instantly kill his opponent and he generally never does because of said terribly low attack stat.

He effectively serves no purpose, and the purpose he could serve he's bad at because of his attack. Elise has a better attack stat than Jaffar.

Kagero and then Gaius are considerably better, though Gaius also has a frailty problem.

Why would her speed matter? She's a one hit kill for the threatening green mages in the meta. Plus with her high res she can face tank them and take barely any damage.

I wouldn't say she's versatile but she can kill the fuck out of a green

I mean, sure, she will counter Nino into oblivion, but that's about it. Also I don't know if she does OHKO Nino because of the fact that she doesn't double her.

Is anyone else here in the low 4600s this week (in score)?

4608. Tried to improve it but failed every time. The thing I hate about is I have to run a bad team to get a high BST. BST favors melee and armor characters a lot so the only way I can crack 4600 with my roster is to run no mages.

Articalys

Do you have to have a full 5* roster and fight only the highest-ranked opponents to get scores that high? Can't see myself reaching that level in a million years.

Cerium

Do you have to have a full 5* roster and fight only the highest-ranked opponents to get scores that high? Can't see myself reaching that level in a million years.
Yeah these are our max scores, meaning we're going Advanced with every match and not losing a single character. At that point we're hard capped by our stats. If we want higher scores, we need to switch our usual lineup with characters that have bigger numbers but might not work as well.

Etria

You can slowly build up your Arena score over time. I used to get <2000 in the first few weeks from only participating in Beginner/Intermediate matchups and losing units here and there. As you can guess, I was never ranked either. Since then, I have managed to get over 4000 for the last two weeks, which has allowed me to crack the top 50,000 as well. It was a combination of just doing Advanced matches and only losing a couple of units in a 7 win streak, and getting better at combating certain team compositions with my team.

For reference, my team is 5* Seliph, 5* Nino, 4* Sharena, and a bonus character (4* Ursula for this season). Pretty sure both Seliph and Nino do not have the best boon/bane.

It seems that the tide began to turn in my favour once I had summoned Nino, but none of my units have participated in skill inheritance, nor are they all 5* units. Instead, what you can do is look at the units you have and come up with a team that can deal with most of the common units that pop up in Arena, like Hector, Nino, Takumi, and Male Robin. If you really need to bolster your team, you can summon for more units. Most units are not useless, especially with the introduction of skill inheritance. I'm sure that you can come up with a team that suits your strategy while aiming for a higher Arena score.

Note: I have only summoned two 5* units so far, and am F2P.

Articalys

You can slowly build up your Arena score over time. I used to get <2000 in the first few weeks from only participating in Beginner/Intermediate matchups and losing units here and there. As you can guess, I was never ranked either. Since then, I have managed to get over 4000 for the last two weeks, which has allowed me to crack the top 50,000 as well. It was a combination of just doing Advanced matches and only losing a couple of units in a 7 win streak, and getting better at combating certain team compositions with my team.

For reference, my team is 5* Seliph, 5* Nino, 4* Sharena, and a bonus character (4* Ursula for this season). Pretty sure both Seliph and Nino do not have the best boon/bane.

It seems that the tide began to turn in my favour once I had summoned Nino, but none of my units have participated in skill inheritance, nor are they all 5* units. Instead, what you can do is look at the units you have and come up with a team that can deal with most of the common units that pop up in Arena, like Hector, Nino, Takumi, and Male Robin. If you really need to bolster your team, you can summon for more units. Most units are not useless, especially with the introduction of skill inheritance. I'm sure that you can come up with a team that suits your strategy while aiming for a higher Arena score.

Note: I have only summoned two 5* units so far, and am F2P.
Easy to say, hard to do, especially when the current two banners are apparently garbage from what I understand.

Theosmeo

extra updates planned for april (on top of previously planned ones)
1. repositioning unit during map start
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/846255994699038720
2. exp gain adjustment for 1* until 4* units
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/846256339219169280
3. max stamina -> 99
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/846256573118754817

Woooohoooo

All of these are great, and along with the new algorithm for arena i see this game really opening up in terms of depth

Trunx28

The last week has been very kind to me, as I finally managed to get more 5* units with the free orbs flying around. Jaffar, Hawkeye and Seliph, welcome to the family. But I'm still using my Olivia, Nino, Klein and now (for the bonus) Jaffar team in the arena. Though I'm not as strong as the week before, it seems: I'm always loosing one team member in at least one of the fights, keeping me at under 4k .. that sucks.

I'm also able to promote another unit to 5* this week, but who to choose .. Got a lot of good 4* units:

Effie
Tharja
Eirika
Nowi
Adult Tiki
Roy
Kagero
Rheinhard
MRobin
Sharena

As I'm looking to have a good blue unit in my team, I'm torn between MRobin and Sharena. Suggestions?

Theosmeo

The last week has been very kind to me, as I finally managed to get more 5* units with the free orbs flying around. Jaffar, Hawkeye and Seliph, welcome to the family. But I'm still using my Olivia, Nino, Klein and now (for the bonus) Jaffar team in the arena. Though I'm not as strong as the week before, it seems: I'm always loosing one team member in at least one of the fights, keeping me at under 4k .. that sucks.

I'm also able to promote another unit to 5* this week, but who to choose .. Got a lot of good 4* units:

Effie
Tharja
Eirika
Nowi
Adult Tiki
Roy
Kagero
Rheinhard
MRobin
Sharena

As I'm looking to have a good blue unit in my team, I'm torn between MRobin and Sharena. Suggestions?

I'd say Nowi, you have enough ranged coverage for your team its time for a tank, although Eirika would pair excellently with your nino. Sharena would also work but I think she's a bit overrated

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Fury is just straight stats, so it works with everything. Darting Blow and Death Blow also work with everything.

Rally and Hone/Fortify abilities apply a buff that you can see on your character in battle as a vertical arrow, and the stat turns blue. 'Defiant' abilities (+stat under X HP) do the same. You can't stack these with each other, the strongest one takes precedence. You can try it for yourself, have a character get buffed by Hone Atk and try to use Rally Atk on them, it won't let you. Also note, that when the game refers to 'bonuses on unit' like Nino's tome, it's referring to these only.

Spur, Goad (atk/spd) or Ward (def/res) abilities apply to nearby units in combat and do stack with other buffs (and each other). But Goad/Ward are restricted to movement type, i.e. Eliwood's Ward Cavalry only works on horses obviously. Spur buffs are shorter range and work on anyone.
Awesome thanks - i will try to put Fury on my units then,
Feels like i will have to use the Weekend to go through all the units and look up their useful skills and come up with setups...should be fun.

extra updates planned for april (on top of previously planned ones)
1. repositioning unit during map start
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/846255994699038720
2. exp gain adjustment for 1* until 4* units
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/846256339219169280
3. max stamina -> 99
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/846256573118754817

/hides back to cave

Man this game is getting better and better....only 2 months in but i like what im seeing so far. Great improvements so far.

Ninferno

That's some megaton right there; re-position option at the start is actually a must tbh. Again, kudos to IS for listening to the fans.

Now, where's my new super efficient SP grinding method?

ggx2ac

This was one team with a level 40 Azura.

I need to... stop spending money on orbs, I can't compete on the pay2win factor.

I can still get a level 50 Female Corrin and a level 50 Nino because of having plenty of 3* spares but, there's no way I can do better than staying below 1000 in rank.

Maybe it might improve with the new arena rules? Who knows. Point is, I should just stop spending money on orbs since I'd be doing it constantly for a bonus hero every fortnight so instead I should just use other bonus heroes that you get free like from the grand hero battle since they're always included in the bonus hero list.

ggx2ac

How much money would you have put into the game to be running into teams of +10s?

(if you don't mind me asking)

Not much in the first place with how arena works at the moment.

All you'd need is a 5* Effie, Hector, Eldigan and whatever the bonus hero for the season is to fight opponents with level 50 characters.

What I just fought wasn't anywhere close to that since Reinhardt and Azura in that team would have dragged down the team rating by a lot.

casiopao

Aww C'mon. I want MInerva and u guys give me Eliwood here? The hell.T_T I want MINERVAAAAA.TT

Also hearing all u guys with 4600+ rating is killing me.T_T I only had Ursula so i can only be happy with 4282 here.T_T

_Legacy_

Has anyone giving Blue Tomebreaker to MRobin? It would delete FRobin (I infused the lower FRobin weeks ago before knowing about inheritance being added to the game) from my collection but could be the way to go to secure Blue v Blue OHKs for him.

Cerium

That's some megaton right there; re-position option at the start is actually a must tbh. Again, kudos to IS for listening to the fans.

Now, where's my new super effective SP grinding method?

It's actually not as bad as I thought. Farming 150 SP in a day without stamina pots seems very doable from my experience today. It would take you four to five days to get the 525 needed for three levels of a skill. At this rate I should have Swordbreaker 3 on Eirika tomorrow and then I can start thinking about luxury skills.

Dee Dee

I need help with the Michalis fight. Big time.

My Takumi can't solo this map this time. I am still saving orbs for the Ike/Lyn banner so no extra pulls and no skill inheritance (because I'd only use duplicates for that) but I'd use feathers or leveling stones if someone has a tip. Yes, I am talking about the level 30 fight.

My roster:

Cut off from the picture:
5* Ogma
4* Eliwood
4* Robin (f)
4* Saizo
4* Alfonse
3* Henry

I have a spare Draug if that one is useful for skill inheritance actually.

Edit: Got him! Got Olivia another level which gained her a point in DEF, allowing her to jump in to save Takumi out of the choke point yet survive a hit from the cavalier there.
Won't waste any energy on the lunatic version, ouf.

Etria

Easy to say, hard to do, especially when the current two banners are apparently garbage from what I understand.

Depends on your team. Otherwise I'd say to just hold off summoning until the next banner hits in a few days if you're worried about obtaining 'bad' 5* units.

If you need a blue, Sharena is an all rounder, so your feathers won't be wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom