• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone giving Blue Tomebreaker to MRobin? It would delete FRobin (I infused the lower FRobin weeks ago before knowing about inheritance being added to the game) from my collection but could be the way to go to secure Blue v Blue OHKs for him.

Which blue mage in particular? If it's Linde you still couldn't guarantee kill her in one exchange. If she's average HP and Res you'd need +Atk Robin with Hone Attack on top.

You could do it in 2 though (on defense). Robin would still get seriously messed with his terrible Res though.

You could do worse for a B slot but deleting F Robin seems like a waste. She's pretty useful in a niche sort of way like the Ursula and masked dude story mission. She destroys both instantly.

Scum

extra updates planned for april (on top of previously planned ones)
1. repositioning unit during map start
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/846255994699038720
2. exp gain adjustment for 1* until 4* units
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/846256339219169280
3. max stamina -> 99
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/846256573118754817

/hides back to cave

MV9dV9L.png

_Legacy_

Which blue mage in particular? If it's Linde you still couldn't guarantee kill her in one exchange. If she's average HP and Res you'd need +Atk Robin with Hone Attack on top.

You could do it in 2 though (on defense). Robin would still get seriously messed with his terrible Res though.

You could do worse for a B slot but deleting F Robin seems like a waste. She's pretty useful in a niche sort of way like the Ursula and masked dude story mission. She destroys both instantly.

Yeah I was going to give to MRobin, he would plus attack from my Nino passive. It does seem like a waste for FRobin, I do hope we get another blue tomebreaker in the future.

redcrayon

3. max stamina -> 99

/hides back to cave
wow, they are responding to feedback really quickly, that's all excellent stuff!

I suspect they've realised that people aren't going to burn orbs to restore a poxy 50 stamina when they are a limited resource for gaining units, they'll just wait and not play instead.

MSMrRound

Starting to re-dip into FE: Heroes a bit..

Would like to ask about skill inheritance.. let's say I pass on Fury lvl 1 or 2 from Barte to my Nino, who is currently at 4*...if I were to 5* Nino, will she be able to gain access to Fury 3?

Mupod

3. max stamina -> 99

/hides back to cave

I kind of want to go back through the first OT and find all the complaints about stuff that's already been fixed/will be fixed. I can't think of many games that have responded so well to player feedback in a short period of time.

Now they just need to do something about vortexes of bad luck like me that go 200+ orbs without 5* units multiple times. My brief step into Granblue Fantasy showed me how some of these other games do things...on the one hand, it's nice that they have something for people who dump tons of shit into one banner. If you put enough into one, you get a ticket to pick a specific character you want from a list. On the other hand you gotta either save for a longass time or spend a buttload of money, but at least it's something.

Starting to re-dip into FE: Heroes a bit..

Would like to ask about skill inheritance.. let's say I pass on Fury lvl 1 or 2 from Barte to my Nino, who is currently at 4*...if I were to 5* Nino, will she be able to gain access to Fury 3?

Nope. You need to learn all 3 levels. If you have a Hinata, he learns Fury 3 at 4*.

Shinypogs

I've forgotten but how many orbs does one have to spend on a banner to guarantee a 5* ? I've got 140 orbs saved up for the next time a decent red sword user is featured. I'm curious how many orbs I'd need for 2-3 5 * just in case the game trolls me with the first one.

On the other hand if we're getting zephiel hero battle soon I could just use him. Since reddit seems to think he will be decent.

Oh and who is the best non dragon red magic dealer? If rng fucks me and gives me mages instead of sword users when pulling I may take a chance on a good red mage and just go full magic damage team with them and fem corrin +merric.

Also having a plus speed - def effie is oddly ok. It's probs the worst possible iv set for her but works with my team. I have seen injured Effie double things that got hit by dark breath+. Im not saying I won't bench her for a better alternative or feed her to another unit for skills someday but she's holding her own.

Mupod

I've forgotten but how many orbs does one have to spend on a banner to guarantee a 5* ? I've got 140 orbs saved up for the next time a decent red sword user is featured. I'm curious how many orbs I'd need for 2-3 5 * just in case the game trolls me with the first one.

On the other hand if we're getting zephiel hero battle soon I could just use him. Since reddit seems to think he will be decent.

Oh and who is the best non dragon red magic dealer? If rng fucks me and gives me mages instead of sword users when pulling I may take a chance on a good red mage and just go full magic damage team with them and fem corrin +merric.

Also having a plus speed - def effie is oddly ok. It's probs the worst possible iv set for her but works with my team. I have seen injured Effie double things that got hit by dark breath+. Im not saying I won't bench her for a better alternative or feed her to another unit for skills someday but she's holding her own.

the number of orbs needed to reach 100% appearance rate is so high that I'd say nobody will ever see it. And RNG is RNG...as I just said in my previous post, I've gone over 200 and I'm currently around 140 with no 5* (plus around 30-40 on the previous banner with nothing). Now you could be like my F2P friend and find one literally every pull...he's at 13 now, I think. But you can't guarantee anything. 140 orbs doing all 5 summons per session would get you to 4.75+4.75% if you never find a 5*, if you just pull reds you'll probably be around 4.5 (that's where I am with blues atm).

Tharja is easily the best red mage IMO. Her default skill set is quite good, as are her stats. She comes with a -blade tome (gains power from buffs, same as Nino) and the only thing you'd need to change is maybe her special. Shame the one I have is -atk.

kewlmyc

Has anyone giving Blue Tomebreaker to MRobin? It would delete FRobin (I infused the lower FRobin weeks ago before knowing about inheritance being added to the game) from my collection but could be the way to go to secure Blue v Blue OHKs for him.

I gave it to mine despite having a Nino on my team just so he didn't get destroyed by other Robins and Linde. Plus with Erika/Nino buffing his atk/spd and having Azura on my team, red swords aren't an issue so putting swordbreaker on him is pointless.

Mupod

As in I can't merge a 3* Hinata with Fury 2, but I need at least a 4* Hinata for the skill inheritance thing in order to successfully pass it down to Nino?

Correct - you can take 3 skills per inheritance session, and you need fury 1, 2 and 3. But the source unit needs to be able to learn the ability, so you'd need to promote him to 4*. Likewise if you already had Fury 1 and 2, you could take Fury 3 and 2 other skills.

Do note that he doesn't need to have learned Fury 3 himself, no need to grind up SP.

Mupod

Grinding SP on Lucina hasn't been too bad. Vantage on mine means I can have her just wade into a pile of swords/axes and come out on top. I'm not equipping Fury for tower grinding though, obviously. She needs Fury 3 and Vantage 3, plus I plan to give her a Rally ability for Nino (undecided which one). About 150 SP currently stockpiled.

I was focusing on using my stamina to level my other units during 1.5xp, but with the news we got today that's less of a priority so it's back to Lucina. I do need Michalis for the next arena bonus, though. If I get him a little higher I can do both at once.

Anyways, I was thinking that there has to be a reason the Ninian banner is going away on the 30th and not tomorrow. Maybe they're going to start up their Echoes promotion early - promoting the 'real' games was supposed to be the entire purpose of Nintendo's mobile stuff, after all.

_Legacy_

I gave it to mine despite having a Nino on my team just so he didn't get destroyed by other Robins and Linde. Plus with Erika/Nino buffing his atk/spd and having Azura on my team, red swords aren't an issue so putting swordbreaker on him is pointless.

How's that been working out for you in arena? I might just wait and see what happens in the next few banners. Don't want to lose my only FRobin unless I have to.

Sushen

Base attack is too low, and his defenses are already low (including resistance, for a unit that is generally meant to counter mages) so L&D3 make him hopelessly frail. A lot of enemies in both higher/harder maps and Arena have counters or are already ranged units (or are Effie and take zero damage from Jaffar's comically bad attack). He will die to a trade if he doesn't instantly kill his opponent and he generally never does because of said terribly low attack stat.

He effectively serves no purpose, and the purpose he could serve he's bad at because of his attack.
Hector serves very specific purpose with 14 guaranteed hits plus debuffs he applies. And his 40 Spd is nothing to sneeze at. In my team he softens up melee units before my melee comes in and do the dishes.

Surely, he's no Nino nor OHKO machne, but pretty good at what he does.

I was sooooo close on beating my arena score and miscalculated a Lucina on on the last game thinking my Eirika would hold up to her. Oh well. It would have only improved my score by like 8 points but that may have been enough to dtay in the top 1000

Currently at 989 and I don't think it is going to hold these last few hours.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I've run into a Blue Tomebreaker MRobin before. I clicked without looking too closely, and he killed off my own MRobin before I realized what was going on.

I think B Tomebreaker would be good for teams that don't have a green on them, just to make MRobin a little better at dealing with other blue mages. You might not kill them outright, but you might not die yourself, plus you'll deal a bit more damage.

My team has no greens either, so I'm considering it.

kewlmyc

How's that been working out for you in arena? I might just wait and see what happens in the next few banners. Don't want to lose my only FRobin unless I have to.

It was great while I was using him. Any red and colorless were a non issue with him. Even blue tomes weren't an issue since not even Linde can ORKO another blue tome, though he does take a hit.

I had to bench him for Ursula though since I need the points and he's the expendable one on my offensive team (Eirika, Nino, Azura, MRobin).

Looks like no defense for me this week, my defense team is the one in the top:

That team is very similar to mine and I got a lot of wins. Weird.

Do you have a rally buff skill on Reinhardt and Lucina? AI prioritizes rally buff which leads to less aggressive AI and the potential for Nino and Azura to end up on an island by themselves.

fek

That team is very similar to mine and I got a lot of wins. Weird.

Do you have a rally buff skill on Reinhardt and Lucina? AI prioritizes rally buff which leads to less aggressive AI and the potential for Nino and Azura to end up on an island by themselves.

No, my only inheritances are Death Blow 2 on Reinhardt (gave it halfway the week because I was starting to get worried with no defenses) and the Fury/Desperation set on Nino (only finished getting all the SP yesterday). Not sure what went wrong..

Ninferno

Just finished a one-death run at 4554, think I'm gonna call it a day...

Jaffar turns out to be not a complete deadweight and contributed meaningfully with some much needed ranged damage. I only managed to rush him and my newly promoted Effie to lv40 today (to replace bonus deadweight Ursula and previous MVP Nino) so I'm still figuring things out about this new nearly all melee team. I would have broken 4600 if I managed to pull off a deathless run but holy shit it isn't easy. At this level of 660 ~ 670 matches, it's great that I don't get to meet too many mages, but when I do, it's destined to be + 6 ~ 8 Linde/Nino/Julias with good skill combos. Given my team comp with no green, I shit my pants whenever I see Linde (I normally can only resort to baiting her to hit Effie and one-shot her on my turn), throw in one more Azura and I'm so ready to hit the Surrender button.

Anyway, met this monstrosity in one of the match.

Holy shit at that Atk and Spd... She can double any of my guys (bar Effie with Wary Fighter), and she's wielding killer edge+ which means her moonbow has a cooldown of 1, guaranteeing her to proc it on her second hit. That's one scary killing machine right there; when desperation is up she's going to slice up anything that's not one of the best blue tanks. Fortunately, I do happen to run two of those blue tanks so I still managed to pull out in one piece.

The match I didn't manage to avoid losing a guy was when I met this other monstrosity...
Holy shit at that Spd... Even my +Spd Fury 3 Marth cannot double her! I managed to finally separate her from Eirika who's spurring her Spd, but not before I ran out of the god damn space!

Dammit Marth, you failed me!

Dee Dee

the number of orbs needed to reach 100% appearance rate is so high that I'd say nobody will ever see it

However it's capped:
If you do not get a 5* after 120 summons (max cost: 600 orbs, min cost: 480 orbs), your next pull on the banner will be ALL 5* HEROES.

redcrayon

Anyone have any suggestions for a general Saizo build?
I went for Fury (increase stats, take damage each round) combined with the special, Daylight, that heals damage taken. Admittedly that was built from the units I had doing nothing rather than some elite top-tier creation but he's proven quite reliable against most opposition with that. A bit boring I suppose :D

Ninferno

That's weird; this actually looks like a really scary defense team and I for one will have huge problem if I were to face it. Fortunately I probably don't have to for now due to BST matching.

How do people Exp grind in this game? I'm looking for any tips.

What I'm currently doing is focusing on leveling one unit to level 25-30. I'll put this unit in with 3 other babysitters comprised of 2 dancers and a healer.

When leveling starts getting difficult and they start dying easier even with the babysitters, I'll pair put them in a team of 3-4 similarly leveled units and grind this team up the old fashioned way. Throw in a babysitter as necessary, either a dancer or a kill machine for those pesky armored units if needed.

Semajer

I have done any skill inheritance yet. Is there a limit to how many skills a single unit can inherit? Could you eventually teach a single unit all the skills they are able to learn and then equip them at any time from their skill list?

Akuun

How do people Exp grind in this game? I'm looking for any tips.

What I'm currently doing is focusing on leveling one unit to level 25-30. I'll put this unit in with 3 other babysitters comprised of 2 dancers and a healer.

When leveling starts getting difficult and they start dying easier even with the babysitters, I'll pair put them in a team of 3-4 similarly leveled units and grind this team up the old fashioned way. Throw in a babysitter as necessary, either a dancer or a kill machine for those pesky armored units if needed.
I do something similar as you. I put a new unit with three babysitters (buffer + dancer + healer) and then try to walk them through to 40. At higher levels, I try to choose the trials that give them type advantage. If nothing is good, I run a weaker unit through a lower level stratum to try to reroll trials.
I have done any skill inheritance yet. Is there a limit to how many skills a single unit can inherit? Could you eventually teach a single unit all the skills they are able to learn and then equip them at any time from their skill list?
So far I haven't run into any caps on skills, but your main bottleneck is SP cost. You need several hundred SP to get even one level 3 inherited skill.

But technically yes, I'm pretty sure you can inherit multiple skills, buy them on your character and then equip/unequip them as you want.

Pejo

Gold Member
Nino has achieved her final form.

x6UqSrf.png

Now the long Eirika grind begins.

That's a scary ass Nino.

How did you grind the SP so quickly? I have an almost-crazy Effie that it's just dragging on and on for with those SP costs. Just running training tower 9/10?

Semajer

So far I haven't run into any caps on skills, but your main bottleneck is SP cost. You need several hundred SP to get even one level 3 inherited skill.

But technically yes, I'm pretty sure you can inherit multiple skills, buy them on your character and then equip/unequip them as you want.

Thanks.

I went for Fury (increase stats, take damage each round) combined with the special, Daylight, that heals damage taken. Admittedly that was built from the units I had doing nothing rather than some elite top-tier creation but he's proven quite reliable against most opposition with that. A bit boring I suppose :D
That sounds like a cool combo. Thanks for the suggestion.

If I ever get a Kagero, I want to give her weapon to Saizo. And if I get another Takumi, I would like to go Close Counter/Vantage. Right now though I was thinking of going with Fury 3 or Speed 3 for A. (I don't have Hinata though.) Keeping Poison Strike on B. Then rather Savage Blow 3 or Threaten ATK/SPD 3 for C. For a special skill, Noontime/Sol does sound like a solid choice. I was thinking maybe Escutcheon also. And for an assist, Harsh Command is pretty unique, but a re-positioning skill or even Reciprocal Aid might be cool too.

My Saizo is +RES/-SPD, which is not great, but I'm committed to using him. (I may wait a bit before promoting him to 5* in case I get a better nature in a future pull.)

If anyone else has any Saizo builds, please feel free to share them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Here, I calculated the odds of getting 1 or more 5 stars out to 50 pulls

5: 26.6%
10: 47.5%
15: 63.5%
20: 75.3%
25: 83.7%
30: 89.5%
35: 93.5%
40: 96.0%
45: 97.7%
50: 98.7%

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'd probably guess the AI is screwing you over. Do you have a lot of rally skills? Sometimes they will just buff each other and run around like chickens with their heads cut off. I take off rally skills when my team is on defense, at least until I get that first win. That team should definitely get a bunch of wins.

Akuun

That's a scary ass Nino.

How did you grind the SP so quickly? I have an almost-crazy Effie that it's just dragging on and on for with those SP costs. Just running training tower 9/10?
I think the minimum enemy level that gives SP gain on level 40 characters is level 32 or higher. So you can do the lower stratums (I think like 7 or 8 sometimes work) to make the grind easier and safer for yourself, and save some stamina too.

All of my characters are still missing a lot of skills. I keep thinking of other things to try, but I'm starved for both feathers and SP. I also keep trying to roll for characters that would supplement my team, but haven't gotten anything good in a while.

Vena

Sigh. I keep losing stamina to that error that prevents you from playing and have to delete the account file. I must loselike 30 stamina a day because of that. X_X

Okamid3n

I hate how I don't get defense points anymore.

In other words, I'm ranked 1054. So close, yet again. I don't have Hinata, but I might promote Jagen and Bartre to 4 stars to give Fury 2 on my units to try to boost up my stats total for future rounds.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That's a scary ass Nino.

That's what I do. Just constantly run 9/10. It's honestly not that bad. You get between 12 and 15 a run, and you get 5 runs in with one full stamina. So, between 60 and 75 per full energy. I'm sure it's more difficult for other characters. I've been grinding Hector and Julia lately, but both are finished. Lucina is next but probably will be a bit slower since she can't blow up just everything like Hector and Julia.

Mupod

wow, strange. That team is a run ender if I ever saw one. Maybe you need a better bait unit in slot 1.

I'd probably guess the AI is screwing you over. Do you have a lot of rally skills? Sometimes they will just buff each other and run around like chickens with their heads cut off. I take off rally skills when my team is on defense, at least until I get that first win. That team should definitely get a bunch of wins.

this as well. Unequip them if you can - the AI will do dumb shit like have Lucina buff Reinhart instead of advancing. And then the dancer would have Lucina buff a different character.

Here, I calculated the odds of getting 1 or more 5 stars out to 50 pulls

5: 26.6%
10: 47.5%
15: 63.5%
20: 75.3%
25: 83.7%
30: 89.5%
35: 93.5%
40: 96.0%
45: 97.7%
50: 98.7%

I am the 1.3%