• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox, I think I love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Che

Banned
Boogie9IGN said:
So, is Firefox better than Opera?

If it has tabbed windows inside one main window I'm sold

Tough question. Firefox has more compatibility with sites doesn't crash that often and after installing 20+ extensions has the exact same features as Opera and some even Opera doesn't have. But firefox uses a lot of your system resourses and the scrolling really sucks. I use both till someone improves to that point that the other isn't needed.

Pimpwerx

Kung Foo Kid said:
Wow, I have been converted. Loving the firefox. Has anybody tried out Thunderbird yet? Impressions?
Was using Outlook Express for a long time b/c of Hotmail. But I installed Tbird during my last reinstall, and dloaded FreePOPs, and bingo, never looking back. Gonna uninstall OE and the other useless MS softs soon. Except Explorer...can never completely leave that behind. PEACE.

Deg

Banned
Che said:
Tough question. Firefox has more compatibility with sites doesn't crash that often

IE only websites work better in Opera(save for activex) but fIrefox can do stuff like gmail login but Opera has a built in email client. Opera used to have a huge advantage here but its negligible right now as Firefox is a much more popular browser. Opera NEVER crashes.

and after installing 20+ extensions has the exact same features as Opera and some even Opera doesn't have.
Not quite, certain features havent been copied yet or are half arsed. Nowhere near as well integretated as Opera where they thought alot more about layout and usability. There are stuff of course that Opera wont do as extensions for Firefox vary massively. Many features appear on Opera first. The other browsers follow.

But firefox uses a lot of your system resourses and the scrolling really sucks. I use both till someone improves to that point that the other isn't needed.

I use both too. Firefox is very time consuming to check up and add stuff to all the time but its worth it. Firefox is second choice. If Opera didnt exist it would be my first.

Society said:
heh you can not compare Firefox to Opera. Firefox is meant to be barebones. The ability to built it the way you want is the main draw of the browser. If you want to compare full featured browsers compare Opera to Mozilla.

Mozilla is rubbish BTW. The only browser worth comparing Opera to is Firefox with extensions.

Great King Bowser said:
Thanks Deg/Pimpwerx, now it actually means something to me other than images. :lol

Another thing I've noticed lately, in IE too I think, is that gifs no longer animate. Anyone got any ideas? I've missed out on a lot of hilarity on these forums afaik due to my loss.

Welcome, the gif thing sounds like an outside program. Anything that monitors the internet?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Deg said:
IE only websites work better in Opera(save for activex) but fIrefox can do stuff like gmail login but Opera has a built in email client. Opera used to have a huge advantage here but its negligible right now as Firefox is a much more popular browser. Opera NEVER crashes.

I've been using Firefox at home and work for awhile now, and I can't recall a single time where it's crashed or locked up on me. IE, on the other hand, would probably bail out on me at least once a day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom