• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firewatch |OT| With Me

Gavin551

Banned
Conflicted on if I should get this for PC or PS4... On one hand, PC version apparently runs better... on the other, PS4 means I can play on a TV/relax... plus that sweet theme...

You can buy the theme on it's own on PS4, so you could buy it on PC but get the them as well.

nOoblet16

Went through Chapter 1 man this is a beautiful game and that music sets it off! Nice work on the art Olly just want to walk around, explore and call Delia every time I see something new.

Which is why I'd be disappointed if this game turns out to have jump scares and stuff.
I just finished chapter 1 too and for once I actually want to just walk and soak in the atmosphere while talking to a character and nothing else.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So it seems the game's actually good then, right? The GB Quicklook seemed really cool, I just wonder how long the game is supposed to be, roughly. Also I'm having a really hard time letting go of the Witness lol.

Azzurri

So it seems the game's actually good then, right? The GB Quicklook seemed really cool, I just wonder how long the game is supposed to be, roughly. Also I'm having a really hard time letting go of the Witness lol.

4-5 hrs

I was actually just gifted this game on steam, so I'll guess I play it :D

I could do that but my PC controller isn't wireless. :(

If you have the Steam Link, I believe it connects to the Dualshock 4 wirelessly via Bluetooth, and reads it as a 360 controller. If having the Xbox button prompts while using the DS4 doesn't bother you, this could be the way to go to get the PS4 couch experience with the power of the PC.

Don't forget you can save an extra 10% off the PS4 version if you buy PSN cards from Best Buy. They have a deal where if you buy one card, you can get a second card for 20% off so you buy two $10 cards for $18.

I could do that but my PC controller isn't wireless. :(

If you have the Steam Link, I believe it connects to the Dualshock 4 wirelessly via Bluetooth, and reads it as a 360 controller. If having the Xbox button prompts while using the DS4 doesn't bother you, this could be the way to go to get the PS4 couch experience with the power of the PC.

The game supports DS4 on PC. You'll get PS4 prompts.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I enjoy the art and audio but I'm not really enjoying the game if I'm honest, am I alone in this? I may even refund it. I'm at 88 minutes so I can try to get into it for a little bit before the 2 hour cut off.

EDIT: Put in a refund request after 108 minutes, I just can't get into it. It looks and sounds amazing but I just find it very boring to play. Absolutely gutted, this was my most hyped game for a very long time.

Frostburn

There seems to be an issue with the X1 controller that results in left always being pressed down. I went into the options menu and any sliders I highlighted went all the way down to zero.

The "patch" he references wasn't a patch, though, but rather the soundtrack.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/383870/discussions/0/412446292776560723/

You can do a few things I did and fix it completely. First if you are using Windows 10 or have an Xbox One make sure the controller is on the latest firmware. On Windows 10 download the Xbox Accessories App from the Windows Store to do the update.

Next in the game using a keyboard go into the settings and hit E or Q to get to the Controls section and select Gamepad.

If you don't select Gamepad even after doing everything above you might still get the issues I had with my Xbox One controller.

They can be relaxing, but i found with all 3 of those that i was often bored. Rapture became a chore by the end. Ethan carter had some interesting moments but was over so fast. Gone home was ok, i probably wasnt in the right frame of mind tho when i played it. The trailer for this looks really good tho.

I know what you mean, they can be boring, but playing these short but sweet games ( with amazing stories ) feels like a breath of fresh air after playing Bloodborne, MSGV and The Witcher for hours and hours.

holygeesus

Banned
Really enjoying it so far. Wonderful atmosphere to it, and love the mixture of humour and despair. That guy is totally Seth Rogen too right?

Tankard

Performance can get a little weird on PS4, got some pop ins in the forest, also experienced some minor freezing so far. It's not terrible, but I think with some patching it will make the game better.

Yogg

PSN Europe here, I see the game with PS+ 10% off, and the theme for 3.49€, but nothing like a bundle. Is the theme free with the game or is it a separate sale ?

bbd23

Finished day 1. haha I already feel uneasy walking around. I hope im able to finish the game.

love reporting every single thing I find. the conversations are great.

wasn't expecting the intro stuff before the first day. touching stuff.

kriskrosbbk

Performance can get a little weird on PS4, got some pop ins in the forest, also experienced some minor freezing so far. It's not terrible, but I think with some patching it will make the game better.

First post sharing some PS4 performance feedback.Last few pages people are just talking how nice the theme is.

Thanks man.

chaislip3

I'm on Day 76 or so and decided to take a little break. This is phenomenal. Story is pretty interesting, Henry and Delilah are great, and the art direction is insane. Can't wait to finish it up!

Woffls

Wireless XBone controller is buggy.
Mine is just constantly going left. Game is unplayable with wireless so now I get to run aaallll that stupid USB cable and see if it works. Hooray.

edit
Welp that didn't fix it. Might be to time to see how this refund process works. Not going to have time to play it after this weekend.

higemaru

Having trouble downloading this, PSN keeps saying my debit card info isn't valid even though I entered it all in correctly. Has anyone else run into this problem?

nin1000

Banned
just got the game and having a blast so far, the beginning got me. Did not think it would go that way ;___; was shedding some tears

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I need to get to the
source of the campfire to find the teens again, but everything is blocked once I get to the lake. Can't find a way to reach the smoke trail. There are rough bushes I can cut through but don't have any gear.
Anyone know where I should be heading?

edit: nvm found it, went too far

shiba5

Same here. Frame rate seems a bit dodgy at times - enough that it gave me a bit of a headache.

Moss

I think I spent 10 minutes trying to toss the D20 into the coffee mug. Didn't get it yet, but maybe someday I'll perfect it.

Secret mini game, try and throw as many books on to the middle of the firefinder and stack as many as you can. That is my canonical playthrough.

iFirez

Game is super awesome. I'm a tad lost
looking for bear tracks at the lake
so just going to wonder around for a while.

Game is great but it really runs like crap on PS4... lots of freezing from time to time and it just crashed between one day and another. Sucks that I turned autosave off and lost half an hour of progress. :p

Either way, story is quite interesting so far.

Symphonia

Banned
Just played through the first day. Man, what a beautiful game. Olly Moss did a fantastic job with the art direction, one of the best-looking games of this generation. And, yeah, turning any help/assists off truly is the way to go. You really do rely on your survival instinct, and knowing which way the sun sets, etc. I'm not going to do a full play through, mind, I'm going to take my time with it.

Top Bottom