• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remnant 2 |OT| Where is the OT?

hlm666

Just completed The twisted chantry but still only have one Archetype. Does the second unlock during the campaign progress? Have no idea how big the game is, the Grove is the only area ive tackled since beating the cube boss, have one other area unlocked from a portal in Labyrinth, but havent explored it yet. Is there more areas after that? If not it's a pretty short game?
I think it becomes available once you have gotten 10 trait points, I definitely had it by the labyrinth. You have to go to the guy in the crane to make the other class engrams, you don't get to just pick one once the slot opens you have to go make the engram then slot it in.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I must admit after 3 hours, this game hasn't grabbed me strong. Its fine but I haven't gotten obsessed with it like I hoped I would.

I think a lot of that has to do with RNG. Depending on which planets you get in which order , the class you pick, guns you use, solo or co op, etc can have a drastic difference on enjoyment at the start.

I got two weak planets to begin with that layout wise were interesting but not visually cool. My final boss on planet 2 and onward have been stellar though . Hope it kicks into goodness for you soon.

Yeah!!! Finally dreams do come true... Gonna lose my job if I don't start getting bored soon. Great game absolutely delivered on what was already the closest series in my heart... trying to finish it for the first time having played since early access... Only because I want Archon... Not more to say... This Thread exists this games exist; life is great dreams come true... Please husbands wives and SOs of Gunfire employees: THIS IS A FELATIO PASS! Please give on my behalf!!! Anyone wanting to collect personally just Holla at me!!

Finished my first world, really enjoying it so far. It's what a sequel should be: more ambitious and better in almost every way. It kind of reminds me of Eldin Ring in how pretty much any build you want to run is viable, and exploration is genuinely rewarding. It does repeat some of the faults of its predecessor with the lack of polish....there are bugs aplenty, especially when playing co-op, though thankfully I haven't encountered any major progression breaking issues yet.

Yerd

My first character started on Yaesha and I got to a place that had a locked door, and apparently there was supposed to be a key in this place. But, that key never spawned. Restarted the game and looked up vids about how to find the key. So apparently that was a bug. I deleted that character and started over.

New character got Losomn as the first world and the last boss was a serious PITA. The cube and another (maybe a secret) boss in the labyrinth was nothing compared.

I'm also having serious scrap shortages. Seems like they are really stingy with scrap drops. I just recently got a second engram for 1500, and then apparently I need another 1000 just to make that thing useable. I accidently skipped one of the tips that I think explained the process. So I had to talk to every NPC trying to make things happen.

I'm not sure I want to play co-op until I go through all the worlds myself and read all the lore and such. I spend too much time breaking every cup and box that can be broke trying to find 7 more scrap.

I'm on Yaesha again with character 2, so here's hoping that bug was fixed or doesn't happen twice.

GymWolf

Just to be clear, are there weapons locked behind the last 2 difficulty levels?

Btw, coop is the answer to low reasources, i swim in materials because i do a lot of random coop with strangers.

Last edited:

Jacob0101

What relic do you use?
What consumable items do you use?

And no stamina cost with light weight armor is broken?

Last edited:
Still early in the game, only played 8 hrs, but game seems to have too many weapons that end up feeling similar to each other.

I remember first part had very curated weapon set, that made finding/crafting a new one quiet exciting.

Minor nitpick, enjoying the game otherwise. Hopefully will get something worthy soon, to make a build around.

Still early in the game, only played 8 hrs, but game seems to have too many weapons that end up feeling similar to each other.

I remember first part had very curated weapon set, that made finding/crafting a new one quiet exciting.

Minor nitpick, enjoying the game otherwise. Hopefully will get something worthy soon, to make a build around.
8 hours means you've barely scratched the surface, the game has a bunch of distinct weapons, you'll see 👍

kikkis

How does coop work? I have played 3 hours and haven't seen single boss. Playing 3h+ in coop doesn't seem like good pacing.

R6Rider

Gold Member
What relic do you use?
What consumable items do you use?
I switch relics quite often. For awhile I was using one that gave me a shield for 100% of my health.

Currently I'm using the upgraded starter one.

I've never used consumables. Not a single time yet, but might have to on higher difficulty playthroughs.

phant0m

you will! all the best weapons are either boss drops (guaranteed, no RNGesus) or from completing a puzzle/secret. i'm not using a single default/generic weapon from the ward 13 vendor anymore:

star shot (handgun), gas giant (melee), and deceit (long). sometimes i swap out star shot for the cube gun

there are also mods & mutators that can really spice things up, even on the default weapons.

R6Rider

Gold Member
there are also mods & mutators that can really spice things up, even on the default weapons.
The mutator states beam makes the starter AR-47 rifle look like a cool sci-fi rifle. Friends were asking me where I got it from lol.

"It's a secret bro"

winjer

Gold Member
Today I found the Chicago Typewriter.
I haven't upgraded it yet, but seems like a pretty good gun.

Yerd

Just to be clear, are there weapons locked behind the last 2 difficulty levels?

Btw, coop is the answer to low reasources, i swim in materials because i do a lot of random coop with strangers.
I don't know for for sure that there are no weapons locked behind the difficulty, but based on the last game, the cooler weapons are either found or crafted. The ones you can buy are just the starter weapons.

Yeah I joined a coop game last night. I realized I could choose which game to join, so I just joined up with places I had already discovered. I want to discover the new stuff solo.

How does coop work? I have played 3 hours and haven't seen single boss. Playing 3h+ in coop doesn't seem like good pacing.
You can open your game to public, you can join another game. Boss areas, if you know the name of the map, you could join that one. When you join, the name of the map is how the games are organized. Or you just join randomly. The end zone bosses take quite a bit of time to get to, unless you are rushing through, but even then it takes a while to reach the final bosses of each zone. Some maps have sub-bosses.

Today I found the Chicago Typewriter.
I haven't upgraded it yet, but seems like a pretty good gun.

I just found mine last night. It was one of my favorite guns of the first game.

Dynasty8

Every time I reach the final boss I rolled out campaign again.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Same, I "Noped" the fuck out and rerolled into adventure mode 🤣

Will come back once I get better weapons and improve my archetype levels. That thing fucked me up good.

Alex11

And for how amazing and awesome that labyrinth boss was for me and find myself in an area that's quite the opposite. That tomb in Yaesha with the traps it's an absolute bullshit IMO. I get the idea and it's very interesting, but the execution is poor.

VN1X

Banned
Got that prick's crown finally.

peVp6wq.jpg

Wow, 1 million copies in 4 days, congrats to the team, much deserved 👏👏👏

Also, president of GG had an interesting reply to this comment:

r7DiQ44.jpg

Would love to see those worlds in UE5 with all the improvements of Remnant 2. Rhom in particular is tied with Losomn as my favourite world across both games, Stargate x cannibals ftw!

Last edited:

Gandih42

50+ hours clocked 100% solo, Gunslinger (so no auto-revive as some other classes have), Veteran difficulty, haven't encountered a boss I couldn't deal with though a few had me cursing them out. Obviously this is highly skill dependant but I'm very good at this thing called video games lol, actually beat a World Boss yesterday and took zero damage.

I'd argue solo is the *best* way to play, much more immersive, take your time to explore and drink in the fantastic world(s) that has been created, read through the excellent lore entries, speak thoroughly with every wonderfully written/voiced NPC (NPC's at the home base are the weakest, everyone else is superb). Also, performance on Balanced mode on PS5 is rock solid solo, rarely dropping, that's genuinely been my experience 👍

That's awesome to hear. Not that I'll get to play it anytime soon, but not having any friends to play it co-op with was one of my biggest concerns.

I tend to play all Souls-likes solo with no summoning (player or AI) on my first run, sounds like that'll be a good experience here!

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Got that prick's crown finally.

peVp6wq.jpg
For anyone who wants to get it fast. Adventure mode > losomn > palace > beatific > get quill > library second floor (small jump "puzzle"). 50/50 chance.

I got the Archon archetype last night. Just need to level it up, but I'm almost there with my spirited shaman (alchy-medic) tank build and then I'm (almost) untouchable even at apocalypse lol

Last edited:
Got to say, I thought Alchemist was a great pairing to my Gunslinger build but now that I've got Hunter at level 10 it isn't even close. Passive gives a whopping 40% to ranged DMG plus bonuses to weak spot/crit. Level 3 skill goes invisible which is great for many situations but when you attack you mark the target who will take an insane 50% increased DMG over 2s, stop shooting and you go into camo again. Combine this with my Gunslingers level 3 and it's hunting season lol. Rings I use:

- 30% crit DMG
- 7% all DMG
- after 7s of not taking DMG increase ranged/melee DMG by 10%
- 5% DMG reduction
- Amulet: Ankh, 15% all DMG, double for 15s when using a relic

My build is designed around high/rapid DMG and mobility. Light armor my entire playthrough so I'm a bit squishy, stamina/ stamina regen maxed, health maxed, evade distance maxed, mod power generation maxed, skill cool down maxed, few points in Gluttony/Wayfarer.

My Twisted Arbalest +8 can take down entire groups with a single shot, Sorrow handgun brings down elites in seconds when combined with both my skills. Funny thing is I *still* go back to my starting rifle for bosses (at +18 now), it's DMG output just can't be beat in that situation, will sometimes switch out a couple of rings for those battles to compliment Acid mod.

Last edited:
I only found out Diablo 4 had level scaling after I spent £80 on it, and dumped the game after a few hours. This sounds awesome but a quick google tells me it also has level scaling (why don't reviews ever mention this ffs). How bad is it, is it possible to grind and revisit older levels and kick ass still? or is it like Diablo where it's so aggressive you never feel like you are ever actually getting stronger and it makes the entire game pointless.

Last edited:

Mephisto40

I only found out Diablo 4 had level scaling after I spent £80 on it, and dumped the game after a few hours. This sounds awesome but a quick google tells me it also has level scaling (why don't reviews ever mention this ffs). How bad is it, is it possible to grind and revisit older levels and kick ass still? or is it like Diablo where it's so aggressive you never feel like you are ever actually getting stronger and it makes the entire game pointless.
The way the scaling works is that when you enter a new area, the areas level will be the same as yours, but will stay that level for the rest of the game, or until to re-roll your world

Last edited:

Ovech-King

Gold Member
Definitely make sure to use adventure mode to rerolll the 3 available worlds . It’s pretty much campaign part 2 where you actually face the bosses that were not available in the first run . Kinda crazy to think that they worked on fights most people actually will miss because they don’t reroll

Last edited:

Ovech-King

Gold Member
Got to say, I thought Alchemist was a great pairing to my Gunslinger build but now that I've got Hunter at level 10 it isn't even close.

Dude, so much yes ! Playing solo the ranged weapon bonus helps tremendously because you can stay safe from a distance specially since the guns damage output was toned down a lot versus the first which I’m currently playing.

Last edited:

Dynasty8

For those who played Remnant 1, is it worth playing after Remnant 2? Thinking of picking it up along with the DLCs, but is it a.majir downgrade here?

winjer

Gold Member
Finally beat The Executioner. This was by far the sub-boss that gave me the most trouble so far.
Took me over half an hour, and half of it was just running back into the fight. A checkpoint near him would have been very useful.
Next up, the king.....

R6Rider

Gold Member
For those who played Remnant 1, is it worth playing after Remnant 2? Thinking of picking it up along with the DLCs, but is it a.majir downgrade here?
I enjoyed From the Ashes, but never played the DLC. I haven't played it since the year it came out, but I'd say it's probably still fun.

Major difference is that skills are tied to armor sets. Less focus on classes/archetypes. That being said, playing it right after 2 will probably feel like a much bigger downgrade than waiting a bit.

winjer

Gold Member

It's different. In some things it's a step back. There is less to interact, less puzzles, less story and quests. Movement and combat are slightly less polished. Graphics are a big step down. There are less slots for rings.
But somethings are better. The trait system is much more expansive. Many more skills and unlimited points. Armor can be upgraded, just like weapons.

The complete collection is very cheap these days, so I would recommend you try it.
It might also be cool to see where some of the lore comes from.

Just a few thoughts.

Firstly what a fucking amazing game. Too bad it came out just before BG3 but I won’t drop it as I’m having too much fun.

Some of the levels are insane in terms of exploration and the amount of secret stuff is crazy. Some nice puzzles too so far. The combat is not my normal style but it’s done so well that I’m loving it.

Seems very replayable what with the random maps and random quests. The handcrafted levels are obviously better but having procedural stuff is better long term I guess.

The character faces look a bit shit but the armor, weapons and environments look stunning in places. Maybe they are just downloads from the UE5 store but some of the textures look real like you could reach out and touch them.

Runs great on my PC but using DLSS and frame gen. Kind of wish it scaled a bit higher as I go way over my refresh rate with both on and both look very good in this game so not worth running native.

VN1X

Banned
lol just levelled up three classes to max in like an hour with that Ravenous Feast event. Get it done quick before they patch it! :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
Smoked the final boss last night, felt good. Never rerolled the campaign, played what I was given, 100% solo, Veteran and I never use guides on a first playthrough. Played through each world again in Adventure Mode as I played through the campaign so essentially it was 2 playthroughs, 60+ hours clocked. As of right now it's tied as my GOTY frontrunner.

Rerolled campaign last night, tried Nightmare and it wasn't too bad. Then I got hit by a robot's shield attack and it instantly killed me lol. Do you I really want to deal with that kind of nonsense? Maybe 😂 Now that I feel free to look stuff up it's crazy how deep some of the secrets are, unlocking Invader and Archon archetypes is *wild*, if anyone could figure that shit out on their own then they're probably on the dev team lol.

EDIT: and I wish I knew you need Simulacrum to fully upgrade weapons, just kept pumping them into my relics, there better be more to find!

Last edited:

unlurkified

You'll find some of the boss battles are significantly more difficult on your own
If you’re playing alone on Veteran or higher, these are some of the hardest bosses in gaming imo. (Nightweaver, The Red Prince, etc) You almost need 2 or 3 people. On the easiest difficulty you should be ok doing any of them solo.

Granty666uk

Has anyone got to the boss thats like 10 huge rolling cubes ? Was have tried it 100 times and keep getting crushed. My hands and head are hurting now. lol. Close to having a full on meltdown !!!!!

DeVeAn

Has anyone got to the boss thats like 10 huge rolling cubes ? Was have tried it 100 times and keep getting crushed. My hands and head are hurting now. lol. Close to having a full on meltdown !!!!!
Yeah terrible boss. Took a buddy and I 20 tries.

Jacob0101

"it is over":

F2m6QZcXEAElwbK

I beat that game on veteran mode, 70% solo. Final boss tooks me two days to kill that. :D In solo because it's even harder in co-op.

Top Bottom