• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firewatch |OT| With Me

Qassim

I don't know much about this game, I saw a trailer a while back during some show, it looked cool and I like the premise.

At the price it currently is (£13.49 on steam) it seems like it is worth taking a chance on. I'm looking forward to it, going in mostly blind.

lawtowler

Very nice OT!

I'd say this is the most hyped I've ever been for an Indie game. Played and enjoyed The Witness a few weeks ago but this feels a lot more up my street.

Looking forward to reviews - they come out in around 8 hours right?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
eh for £13 i'm just gonna pick it up. for that price i won't really care if it sucks. if i can't get past the first 2 hours (i think it's 6 hours long?) then i'll just get a refund.

- J - D -

Interesting that you invoke such a contentious part of Twin Peaks history for the Firewatch thread title. Fire Walk With Me is not considered by large majority to be good. But I'm probably reading too far into this.

Interesting that you invoke such a contentious part of Twin Peaks history for the thread title. Fire Walk With Me is not considered by large majority to be good.

it fits the thread/game title. it's uttered in the tv series multiple times. the laura palmer portion of the movie is fantastic and very unsettling.

- J - D -

it fits the thread/game title. it's uttered in the tv series multiple times. the laura palmer portion of the movie is fantastic and very unsettling.

I know the line is uttered in the main show, but i can't think of anything but the movie when I read/hear it. It's a cute reference, I'll give the title that.

original.jpg

Will probably be my first impulse gaming buy of 2016.

Nothus

Are we talking about fluctuations in framerate between 30-60? Because honestly that wouldn't bother me too much.
Drops below 30 is a totally different problem.

Hanmik

Are we talking about fluctuations in framerate between 30-60? Because honestly that wouldn't bother me too much.
Drops below 30 is a totally different problem.

framerate fluctuations between 30-60 are terrible.. a simple drop below 30fps (when it doesn't go higher than 30) is better...

Melchiah

framerate fluctuations between 30-60 are terrible.. a simple drop below 30fps (when it doesn't go higher than 30) is better...

The fluctuations between 30-60fps never bothered me that much in Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Fall, or The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, so I think it depends on the person.

Hanmik

The fluctuations between 30-60fps never bothered me that much in Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Fall, or The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, so I think it depends on the person.

yeah.. some games it isn't as noticable.. but Unity arghhh... I hope it's not to bad in this game.

Dryk

I have never heard of this game but I came into this thread because you nailed the title OP. It's on my watch list now.

Hanmik

Come to think of it, I dunno if I have played such a game that uses Unity. What games this gen have used it?

Grow Home... and that had terrible performance on ps4. I have no idea if they patched it, but it was terrible when it launched.
Hand of Fate... terrible framerate when it launched.

just two games I remember right now.

Melchiah

Grow Home... and that had terrible performance on ps4. I have no idea if they patched it, but it was terrible when it launched.
Hand of Fate... terrible framerate when it launched.

just two games I remember right now.

I have Grow Home in my library, but haven't tried it yet. Now that you mention it, I remember reading about its poor performance.

Top Bottom