• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First ever DriveClub direct feed racing footage (GamesCom)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I saw the videos on Gamersyde and was amazed at how beautiful it looked. Really can't wait for it! :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Motorstorm looked really good as well so this really was no surprise.

And improved a lot between first (real) reveal and launch. Always the case with Evo, especially when they're working with new hardware.

Though I would like a higher quality version of that vid... :)

Now I only need to know how much € will it cost to upgrade from the PS+ Version to the full version fellow GAFfers.

Yeah, I have such mixed emotions about this game. Racers are my main genre and this was going to be my main launch game, but when they're offering to let you try the game for free before buying I feel stupid not taking advantage of that.

Still, feels weird not to pick up the box right away.

Interesting that all the first party stuff has seen noticeable graphical improvements since E3. So many here were peddling the idea things wouldn't improve and some even claiming we'd get downgrades...

Good to see GG and Evo living up to their past.
Totally agree. Even Knack looked better this time around. Knack!

Tearaway thread is over there.

lol. Nahh bro, this game looks awesome.

Honestly, that first person "cockpit" cam looked so fast, it looks like it will be hard to control that car. I can guarantee my eyes will be bleeding/watering when I am trying to whip all my friends' times.

Damaniel

Banned
I have no idea why people like racing games, the closest i have come to enjoying racing games was NFS underground, Midnight club LA, Crash Team Racing and Mario Kart. That said, the environment in that video looked impressive

I love racing games! More accurately, I love arcade style racing games. I'd sell my soul for a 60fps HD remake of Burnout: Takedown (but I'm not holding my breath for that to ever happen).

This game has instantly moved up to the top of my 'must play' PS4 list.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I have no idea why people like racing games, the closest i have come to enjoying racing games was NFS underground, Midnight club LA, Crash Team Racing and Mario Kart. That said, the environment in that video looked impressive
ok.

Yep welcome to next-gen of racing ... sooooo good! The dynamic lighting has paid off big time and makes it looks beyond anything else. By the release time I expect this to match the trailers. Great job Evo!

jaypah

Aww man, I'm at work and can't watch the Facebook link. Sounds good though from the impressions in this thread. Ugh, November...

The_Monk

Ok. Thank you for sharing your opinion fellow GAFfer.

nib95

Banned
Yep welcome to next-gen of racing ... sooooo good! The dynamic lighting has paid off big time and makes it looks beyond anything else. By the release time I expect this to match the trailers. Great job Evo!

This is the important bit. We'll be able to play this track at any time of day, or with night to day transitions or vice versa. That in itself adds a huge amount of value to each track, the graphical presentation and decisions.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeap. All the first party stuff did. Not sure if the third party stuff has or not. Can't really tell at this point.

1st party developers had to deal with the reality of unfinished kits while 3rd parties were free to show off builds running on super high end PC's. Looks like things have evened out since E3.

Ok. Thank you for sharing your opinion fellow GAFfer.

Well well fellow The_Monk, don't get irritated now, that would be a first. :p

Anyway, this looks SO SEXY. I have yet to play Forza Horizon to finish this gen racing games (and GT6 when I get a PS3) but I guess the PS+ #DriveClub IGC is gonna be really great.

Can't wait.

I have no idea why people like racing games
7069.gif

Top Bottom