• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First full trailer of the 16th Pokemon movie featuring Mewtwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeFEAA4JvaM

Hey if Siliconera is up to posting about this and other game movies...

Anyway, this is the first trailer of the 16th movie called Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo’s Awakening, and shows footage of Mewtwo for the first time... LIKE A BOSS!

Huge hopes for this, the movies as of late have been okay to decent, but this writes itself.

The movie also features the token Pikachu short featuring Sylveon the new Eeveelution.

And I hope this points to Mewtwo finally returning in Smash 4, a crime against humanity that he wasn't in Brawl (the supposed hacked disc info pointed to him, along with Plusle and Minun, Dixie, etc being planned but cut).

Had to post this. :p

Edit: Also wanted to say, that I think this should be a true theatrical release in NA, as Mewtwo will appeal to the nostalgic folks like us, and of course as a whole will appeal to the fanbase, the previous movies barely had the nostalgia fan service that this does, could really pay off (and of course giving moviegoers a free card).

They've dipped into the theater pond with the last few, but they were US-only and VERY limited in the amount of theaters. This should be as wide as the first four were.

Edit 2: I may as well post the list of movies for those wondering. :p

1. Pokemon: The First Movie
2. Pokemon 2000
3. Pokemon 3: The Movie
4. Pokemon 4ever
5. Pokemon Heroes
6. Jirachi: Wish Maker
7. Destiny Deoxys
8. Lucario & the Mystery of Mew
9. Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
10. The Rise of Darkrai
11. Giratina and the Sky Warrior
12. Arceus and the Jewel of Life
13. Zoroark: Master of Illusions
14. Pokemon Black & White: The Movie (odd duel release of Black, and White featuring some minor differences)
15. Keldeo Vs. The Sword of Justice
16. Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo’s Awakening (Japanese title)
Direct to Video (between 3 and 4). Mewtwo Returns

I should feel bad for memorizing all correctly but the 15th. XD

DaBoss

Oh shit I'm hyped, it's the return of the king, Mewtwo. And it seems like Ash recognizes Mewtwo in the scene it showed, so it seems like it is the same Mewtwo from before!

When did they start making the Pokemon movies in the same style as the Dragon Ball Z ones, also, Robots? I blame the new Gen.

Genesect is the same thing as Mewtwo, they are both man-made.

Alpha_eX

When did they start making the Pokemon movies in the same style as the Dragon Ball Z ones, also, Robots? I blame the new Gen.

cjkeats

Wasn't Mewtwo in one of the recent series OPs wearing a cloak or something?

Either way, awesome he's back, he was always the baddest of badass Pokemon.

MarkusRJR

Am I the only one who hates this trend of putting in lots of CG in anime? It looks horrible.

Also are these new Pokemon movies similar to DBZ movies where they aren't canon?

Wait wait wait...shouldn't Ash not know who Mewtwo is, considering Mewtwo did that mind wipe on him at the end of the first movie?

DaBoss

Wait wait wait...shouldn't Ash not know who Mewtwo is, considering Mewtwo did that mind wipe on him at the end of the first movie?

I remember there being some Pokemon special where Ash meets Mewtwo again and this time his mind isn't wiped.

Vidiot

Mewtwo was always my favorite. I haven't seen a Pokemon movie since like 4. Do they still come out in english? I would be down to see it for Mewtwo.

Village

I am just waiting for them to realize deoxys is the new cool Pokemon, because he doesn't look like a weird cat fetus.

I never thought Pokemon would out do The Land Before Time, but Universal finally called it quits after the 13th and the oddly LONG overdue TV series.

7Th

Is this a pilot trailer or something? The animation looks better than the actual movies usually look (which is not different at all from the TV show).

MisterHero

Man I hate every companion that isn't Misty and Brock. Tracy, Snap, May, Max and Dawn were okay I guess. Just the act of Mewtwo/Ash remembering each other refers to a storyline that's several years old now. x_x

BraXzy

Do you think this means mewtwo will make an appearance in the new games? Hasn't that been the trend in a lot of them?

The last movie I saw was the one where Ash teams up with young Professor Oak.

Which one was that again?

4th. :p

I wanted to see Heroes as that supposedly was in theaters but never found it, apparently it was limited, and possibly US-only (I'm in Canada).

My fav is actually the 3rd when you put aside the cutesy factor of Molly, Entei is almost as much of a boss as Mewtwo, Dan Green was LEGENDARY as Entei, never can be replaced.

Phillip Bartlett was Mewtwo in the original, but sadly passed away in 2001, Dan Green took over in Mewtwo Returns.

Surprisingly, in a sneak peek at the movie in a 4kids Pokemon behind the scenes video (on YouTube), you hear new clips of Phillip in the scenes from MR, he goes "You don't know me Ash Ketchum, but I know you" and "Prepare to battle".

Man I hate every companion that isn't Misty and Brock. Tracy, Snap, May, Max and Dawn were okay I guess. Just the act of Mewtwo/Ash remembering each other refers to a storyline that's several years old now. x_x
Misty is expendable, but Cilan is a shitty Brock replacement. His food related puns and jokes are fucking unbearable.

Didn't the Japanese fans petition Brock's removal during the Orange Islands season?

Heysoos

Ash pisses me off, always passing up the chance to capture awesome OP Pokémon, and leaving his awesome OP Charizard in no where land is god damned criminal. They should reboot the series and make Gary the main character.

Top Bottom