• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First full trailer of the 16th Pokemon movie featuring Mewtwo

ASTROID2

Mewtwo is badass. Kinda interested in it so I'll probably have to watch in Japanese with subs since I can't stand these new voices.

I wish they'd give Deoxys another movie. He's the better Psychic-type Pokémon and got way more crap done in half of one movie than Mewtwo did in two.

Oh and Sylveon HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

So adorable~

DonMigs85

I wonder if Sylveon could be a pure Flying-type or maybe a stronger Normal type? Maybe even Fighting? Or is that rumored Light type true?

Dereck

Let me understand this, in the Pokemon anime there are duplicate Pokemon, but only single Legendaries? Meaning, there is only one Mewtwo.

Izick

Why is Mewto fighting a transformer?

Also, the first two are the best. Don't remember any of the other few I've seen, but Pokemon: The First Movie is fucking awesome, and 2000 was pretty damn great too.

I still have this:

Ancient_Mew_Card_by_CloakedRanger.jpg

Let me understand this, in the Pokemon anime there are duplicate Pokemon, but only single Legendaries? Meaning, there is only one Mewtwo.
The legendary dogs have had multiple appearances and there were even shiny versions in the Zoroark movie. There have been multiple Lugia as well.

Izick

Also, Pokemon 3: The Movie is pretty great as well. Don't really remember anything after that. That may have been my cutoff point.

CorvoSol

The legendary dogs have had multiple appearances and there were even shiny versions in the Zoroark movie. There have been multiple Lugia as well.

Yeah, but none of those Pokemon have origins along the lines of "Made in a laboratory which it promptly razed to the ground." Kinda hard to have more than one Mewtwo.

Morts

They didn't put all 16 out in the US did they? At least not in theaters. I remember refusing to one of the first two in middle school because I thought I was too cool.

Izick

They didn't put all 16 out in the US did they? At least not in theaters. I remember refusing to one of the first two in middle school because I thought I was too cool.

Everyone grows out of Pokemon at some point. I think I did earlier, at least with the cards because they were banned from my school. The games I stuck with until Ruby then said fuck it.

All in English, but stopped being in theaters after the 5th (5th having a very limited release, small revival in EXTREMELY limited theaters with the 13th.

ffdgh

Yeah they all aired and they play on Cartoon Network now.

BTW, there is a rumor that Dan Green retired following his wife's tragic passing at child birth, this is NOT true, straight from Mike Pollock via email, he says he's just playing hard to get, and says he imagines understandably that his kids are taking up some but not all his time, and damn straight he should focus on his kids, I truly feel so bad for him. :'(

Retire if you need to Dan Green, we're right with you and we know the reason, don't force yourself, give your kids the daddy they need. :'(

GulAtiCa

Heh. I used to play the Pokemon TCG a lot when I was a Freshman in High School. At the time, I always felt like I needed to hide the fact that I liked playing the TCG (as well as the show). Like being embarrassed cause it was a kid thing.

Of course now that I'm 27, looking back to when I was 14, I have come to realize I was a kid then! Was silly to ever think I needed to hide or pretend I didn't like it.

Keyouta

Ash pisses me off, always passing up the chance to capture awesome OP Pokémon, and leaving his awesome OP Charizard in no where land is god damned criminal. They should reboot the series and make Gary the main character.

Charizard is back now in the anime. They even redone the animation for the flashback scenes explaining Ash and Charizard's relations.

Serebii updated adding a tidbit about the story:

Edit @ 23:38; Thanks to Adamant, we have some translations of the plot. While most was known beforehand, we do have a bit more in regards to Mewtwo. In it, Mewtwo has an extistential crisis thinking "These Pokemon were not meant to exist in this world... just like me". Sableye is also a mysterious Pokémon that lives in the Pokémon Hills where it befriends Ash & Co.

Gorillaz

The last one I seen was the one with Lugia and those islands...Something about pokemon freezing or being frozen........3 legendary birds appeared....Dad was reading GQ in the theater and then fell asleep.....

Can't believe they actually made 16 of them...jeez

Top Bottom