• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First full trailer of the 16th Pokemon movie featuring Mewtwo

The last one I seen was the one with Lugia and those islands...Something about pokemon freezing or being frozen........3 legendary birds appeared....Dad was reading GQ in the theater and then fell asleep.....

Can't believe they actually made 16 of them...jeez

There's pretty much been one per year since ... well, since Pokemon began ;)

ampere

I saw the first movie in theaters in third grade, hard to believe they're all the way at 16 now.

I watched one of the later movies out of curiosity a few years ago, the Latios/Latias movie, it was alright.

Village

I'd rather Mewtwo than that horrible grimdark fox thing from Gen V.

You mean the not as good as lucario, pokemon. yeah its good but not as good as lucario.

i would rather have this in the movie

Deoxysdppokesafari_2.jpg

i know it wouldn't make any sense plot wise

but deoxys needs to be in everything

Destiny Deoxys was a big letdown.

I was hoping Deoxys would literally be a virus from outer space and be pure evil bent on infecting shit.

Hell the JP title at least at one point was Visitor of the Space Fissure, how is that not awesome?!

They did it right by not making it talk, instead speak in distorted, creepy sounds, almost like it was MissingNo. Hell I was hoping Deoxys would be MissingNo. but an actual Pokemon.

But no, it was just a BIIIIIG misunderstanding and he was just looking for his twin buddy and they all lived happily ever after!

Fuck that shit.

Village

I was hoping Deoxys would literally be a virus from outer space and be pure evil bent on infecting shit.

Hell the JP title at least at one point was Visitor of the Space Fissure, how is that not awesome?!

They did it right by not making it talk, instead speak in distorted, creepy sounds, almost like it was MissingNo. Hell I was hoping Deoxys would be MissingNo. but an actual Pokemon.

But no, it was just a BIIIIIG misunderstanding and he was just looking for his twin buddy and they all lived happily ever after!

Fuck that shit.

But you would rather have ( i am sorry it pains me to do this i am a fan of the not cat feetus part of this joke i am making)

But you would rather have a shadow the cat fetus movie.

also do you really think they would make a pokemon outright evil, or at least not turn to good in a movie. Its for the young-ins, peoples is evil, not pokemans.

Fuck that shit.

At least Deoxys got crap done, unlike Mr. Broody McMewtwo who didn't even fully complete Phase 1 of his master plan before being thwarted by a 10-year-old and a couple of stupid crooks who can't tell a Scyther from an Alakazam.

The best depiction of legendaries in these movies was the Regi Trio in the Lucario movie. Primal unstoppable forces that acted to their own agendas, completely unknowable to humans and irrepressable in their aims.

Fuck, the Lucario movie was so good.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
People should try to watch some of the post-Kanto movies. They're definitely better than the Mewtwo film (though the third film is the best).

Yet one looks oragnic and the other looks really, really bad.

Hey guys, you can only make organic, man-made science-y stuff!

Experimented. Instead of being revived from a fossil as is, the villain team turned it into a cyborg.

Seeing all this Genesect hate is disappointing.

At least Deoxys got crap done, unlike Mr. Broody McMewtwo who didn't even fully complete Phase 1 of his master plan before being thwarted by a 10-year-old and a couple of stupid crooks who can't tell a Scyther from an Alakazam.

Finally, people who see through Mewtwo's stupidity!

Boss Doggie

No seriously, people think Genesect is hideous but think stretched-cat-fetus is awesome? Seriously.

Boss Doggie

On a related note, I recommend watching movies starring Lati@s (Heroes), Celebi (4Ever), and Lucario (Mystery of Mew).

Yes? Genesect looks like a car. A car pokemon.

It's a transforming mecha bug which looks like a car. What's not to like? At least it has far more personality in design unlike fetus-tail-dick.

Boss Doggie

Mewtwo is much better designed than whatever the fuck that thing is.

And I disagree. Mewtwo is plain and lacks a coherent theme other than "stretched Mew". At least Genesect has something going for it. Whatever the fuck that thing is? It's a cyborg bug. I bet people don't know that, and thus claim it's ugly without realizing its context.

Oh god genwars in an unrelated thread

CorvoSol

You mean the not as good as lucario, pokemon. yeah its good but not as good as lucario.

i would rather have this in the movie

Deoxysdppokesafari_2.jpg

i know it wouldn't make any sense plot wise

but deoxys needs to be in everything

Has anyone ever told you you have terrible taste in Pokemon?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also Genesect is awesome. With stuff like Trubbish and Vanillish I kinda get the hate even if I don't agree, but Genesect? It's a goddamn robot bug. What's more awesome than that?

The shiny is also like the fricking Genobreaker, can't get more boss than that.

Boss Doggie

It was one of the better ones actually, although I thought the focus on super awesome healing water was odd.

Definitely way better than the first mewtwo movie. With that said, it depends whether you consider an OVA a movie - otherwise you might as well consider Legend of Raikou a movie as well.

The water thing is weird too - but I guess they want to hammer the "he's a pokeyman not a clonez" idea a little harder.

CorvoSol

By which I mean I cannot fathom how people wouldn't like Mewtwo. He's so cool he was the final boss in a Mother game.

Boss Doggie

By which I mean I cannot fathom how people wouldn't like Mewtwo. He's so cool he was the final boss in a Mother game.
He lost his cool the moment his plot and angst didn't really make sense even with the Japanese supplement. He was essentially... how to put it... Uchiha Sasuke :p

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

DaBoss

The Zoroark movie was pretty good, but the Keldeo one was pretty boring and short IMO.

I thought the Zoroark one was also kinda meh.

I kinda liked the inter-weaving trilogy they made with the whole creation Trio and the leader (Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, and Arceus). It was pretty cool that they are sequential. Though the movies themselves were not great, just liked the idea of them having a connection with each other.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Here's a kicker, in one episode of the Advance era, they come across a Swampert in the sewer (think it was the Wailord episode), they fight it, win, THEN JUST RUN PASSED IT UNCONSCIOUS!!! DICK, CATCH IT!!!

You can't catch KO'd Pokemon dude. Pokemon 101.

Symphonic

And I disagree. Mewtwo is plain and lacks a coherent theme other than "stretched Mew". At least Genesect has something going for it. Whatever the fuck that thing is? It's a cyborg bug. I bet people don't know that, and thus claim it's ugly without realizing its context.

Oh god genwars in an unrelated thread

Oh please, this is not genwars. Generation V is my favorite generation. This is a disagreement over two particular Pokemon.

And I realize the context of Genesect, I also think that's dumb. It's a bonafied transformer and it's ridiculous. Mewtwo is modeled to look like a humanoid alien. I guess it's a matter of whether or not you prefer slimy mutated humans or Optimus Prime.

Kyzer

Banned
Mewtwo to get alternate form in X Y confirmed.

Wait am I the first one to say this? Probably not but...DNA...Mewtwo...:O

Village

Has anyone ever told you you have terrible taste in Pokemon?

If its about lucario, whatever your opinion is , your wrong.

If its about mewtwo being not as good as deoxys

oh i am sorry i never really found myself liking shadow the stretched cat fetus.

tumblr_mc78pkBkZH1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

WHAT IS THIS, WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIS BODY, he looks like well a catfetus, he looks aborted.

Symphonic

I'm so terrified of what they'd do with a Mewthree. It'd be so partial to overdesign.

This sort of thing would be ok:

mewthree_design_by_sevenluck-d5cx490.jpg

If its about lucario, whatever your opinion is , your wrong.

If its about mewtwo being not as good as deoxys

oh i am sorry i never really found myself liking shadow the stretched cat fetus.

WHAT IS THIS, WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIS BODY, he looks like well a catfetus, he looks aborted.

And Deoxys looks like Iron Man fucked a bowl of spaghetti, your point?

Darryl

Banned

he looks like he doesn't give a flying fuck whether you live or die

Midou

I saw the first movie in theatres when I was 10.. was in 4th grade. My first grade teacher came on a field trip with her class of 6 year olds at same showing I was at, was immascualted.

Boss Doggie

I never liked Zoroark film... primarily because it's supposed to be about her but we barely got anything about her. Same with Keldeo, but seeing the Swords of Justice being animated is really fun to watch and their interaction is good. I'm middling with Victini.

The Sinnoh trilogy didn't really give me much but I must say the Arceus movie was worth it just for the animation and fights.

Oh please, this is not genwars. Generation V is my favorite generation. This is a disagreement over two particular Pokemon.

And I realize the context of Genesect, I also think that's dumb. It's a bonafied transformer and it's ridiculous. Mewtwo is modeled to look like a humanoid alien. I guess it's a matter of whether or not you prefer slimy mutated humans or Optimus Prime.

And that's why I love Genesect - it's a mecha. Same reason why I love Golurk.

That's what I dislike about animetwo. At least the game mewtwo is more of a "blood knight who fights for the fight". The anime mewtwo is your average angsty moody powerful guy.

Village

Deoxysdppokesafari_2.jpg

He looks like his design is above your puny human ones.

Also just to keep ontopic how does genecect look bad? Or at least worse than mewtwo.

he is a incectacon,

BWMovie16.png

gen V gave also gave us a mech

golurk.jpg

and a kamen rider/ super sentai

bisharp.jpg

all look cooler than my man cat fetus

That's what I dislike about animetwo. At least the game mewtwo is more of a "blood knight who fights for the fight". The anime mewtwo is your average angsty moody powerful guy.

I don't mind angsty characters, if its justified, i even like them. The blood knight thing is a completely one dimensional character, but the reason i don't like this angsty character, is because his plan in the movie was dumb and CAT FETUS.

Top Bottom