• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First full trailer of the 16th Pokemon movie featuring Mewtwo

Ash pisses me off, always passing up the chance to capture awesome OP Pokémon, and leaving his awesome OP Charizard in no where land is god damned criminal. They should reboot the series and make Gary the main character.

Here's a kicker, in one episode of the Advance era, they come across a Swampert in the sewer (think it was the Wailord episode), they fight it, win, THEN JUST RUN PASSED IT UNCONSCIOUS!!! DICK, CATCH IT!!!

Ash pisses me off, always passing up the chance to capture awesome OP Pokémon, and leaving his awesome OP Charizard in no where land is god damned criminal. They should reboot the series and make Gary the main character.

It looks like Charizard is back based on the poster for this movie

Might watch it just for the nostalgic feelings and memories of over ten years ago. Makes me feel old.

Davey Cakes

16 years and Ash is still a kid.
That makes me wonder. If each episode of the show was a day, then it'd only be a little over two years worth of time.

That said, the idea of each episode being a day is a stretch.

I haven't watched the show since the beginning of the Johto episodes but I really can't believe that they're still using some the same characters. Ash still as the main protagonist. Team Rocket is still around. It's really crazy that they haven't just gone for a reboot. Then again, if the show keeps pulling in the viewers then the decision to keep some of the original cast is sound.

7Th

Mewthree confirmed?! XD

That would fucking BLOW MY MIND, a new form after all this time?! And HOW WOULD THEY EXPLAIN THAT?! A flux in his DNA?

Well, the movie is called "Mewtwo's AWAKENING"; they will just say that he was yet to reach his full potential or something like that.

Moaradin

That makes me wonder. If each episode of the show was a day, then it'd only be a little over two years worth of time.

I haven't watched the show since the beginning of the Johto episodes but I really can't believe that they're still using some the same characters. Ash still as the main protagonist. Team Rocket is still around. It's really crazy that they haven't just gone for a reboot. Then again, if the show keeps pulling in the viewers then the decision to keep some of the original cast is sound.

Yea but they got rid of Brock and Misty =(

MisterHero

He is getting a new form. I'm not even kidding. They even tease it at the end of the trailer.:
OMG ARMOR MEWTWO IS COMING BACK

GET HYPE NOW

154-armormewtwosprite8xj8w.png

space-jam-o7mj4v.gif

Wow, looking at the list and I just realized I'm not that far from watching all the pokemon movies (Seen the 1st 13 and the Mewtwo movie). Over half of them was because of surfing the channels to CN when they came on.

Also what's the name of that atrocious red pokemon going Kaio-Ken in the trailer?

I think Brock will come back at some point. Originally it looked like he wasn't going to be in the DP era, but he came in by truck in the 2nd episode or something? Plus his absence in the Orange Island era.

Misty yeah is likely never coming back, and I THINK they recently confirmed as such.

Wow, looking at the list and I just realized I'm not that far from watching all the pokemon movies (Seen the 1st 13 and the Mewtwo movie). Over half of them was because of surfing the channels to CN when they came on.

Also what's the name of that atrocious red pokemon going Kaio-Ken in the trailer?

That's Genesect, the Shiny one.

Edit: Oops. :p

LOL just wow..

DP era, just checked:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP109

Dawn and Brock finally catch up with Ash, but when they are in sight of the exit, an angry Swampert comes after them, protecting its territory. Ash tries to reason with it, but it attacks instead. He is about to have Pikachu attack, but Brock points out that electric attacks won't affect it, as it is part Ground-type. Ash calls out Grotle instead, attacking with Razor Leaf and sneaking by while Swampert is knocked out.

BULLSHIT!!!

NeonZ

Black & White/Best Wishes was kind of a reboot in the sense that they redesigned Ash, dumped all of his previous Pokemon aside from Pikachu (only now, more than one year later, Charizard is making a return) and officially established that Ash hasn't aged a single year since the start of his journey, contradicting two or three previous episodes that mentioned anniversaries, like one year of Ash leaving his town. I really don't understand why they even bother keeping Ash. Making him older and introducing new protagonists while giving him an occasional cameo would be better for both new and old fans.

Brickhunt

Red Genesect. A shiny prehistoric top predator bug revived from fossil and turned cyborg.

The first Pokemon movie was the best.
Grimdark as hell the way Armoured MewTwo psychobusted everyone.

Maybe this mean we will get MewTwo in Smash Bros Wii U? :D

Vibed

Wasn't Mewtwo in one of the recent series OPs wearing a cloak or something?

Either way, awesome he's back, he was always the baddest of badass Pokemon.

I think you're thinking of the hour long special, The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon.

Davey Cakes

Black & White/Best Wishes was kind of a reboot in the sense that they redesigned Ash, dumped all of his previous Pokemon aside from Pikachu (only now, more than one year later, Charizard is making a return) and officially established that Ash hasn't aged a single year since the start of his journey, contradicting two or three previous episodes that mentioned anniversaries, like one year of Ash leaving his town. I really don't understand why they even bother keeping Ash. Making him older and introducing new protagonists while giving him an occasional cameo would be better for both new and old fans.
That's just bonkers.

Now I actually think that Digimon had serious balls to age its previous main characters for the second season.

DaBoss

Don't know if this is old, but I checked Serebii and I seen a Japanese poster for the movie, and it seems to confirm Charizard is appearing.

poster2.jpg

To allow it to use a disc system that let's it change the type of its signature move, Techno Blast. Though this is not a legit reason lol.

Damn, I have no idea who the second and third from the left are.
How many more evolutions are they going to add to poor Eevee?

Umbreon and Vaporeon. The former was in gen 2, the latter was there from the start. :p

DonMigs85

Just realized that Mewtwo is at a pretty big disadvantage against a Bug/Steel type.
If Charizard is here, then it's his time to shine again!

Symphonic

Please bring back mewtwo in ssb Please bring back mewtwo in ssb Please bring back mewtwo in ssb Please bring back mewtwo in ssb Please bring back mewtwo in ssb Please bring back mewtwo in ssb Please bring back mewtwo in ssb Please bring back mewtwo in ssb Please bring back mewtwo in ssb Please bring back mewtwo in ssb Please bring back mewtwo in ssb Please bring back mewtwo in ssb Please bring back mewtwo in ssb Please bring back mewtwo in ssb Please bring back mewtwo in ssb

please

Top Bottom