• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First full trailer of the 16th Pokemon movie featuring Mewtwo

That Sableye on the poster is so random. Genesect and Mewtwo are the stars of the film, the Eeveelutions have their short, and everybody else belongs to Ash, Iris and Cilan. Sableye is the only one that doesn't belong. It makes you wonder if they're reintroducing it because it'll be getting an evolution in gen VI, just like they brought Aipom back in the Diamond & Pearl season.

I reckon it'll serve the same sort of purpose Munchlax did in Destiny Deoxys; hang around with the leads and look cute for most of the movie, and then evolve to help out with the plot.

Cute, marketable character and Gen VI promotion. Lovely.

So, what are the chances that Colress is the one behind the scenes this time? He seems like the kind of person who'd create Genesectacon.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No, that is a common misconception but Mew is actually based on a jerboa mixed with a cat, not a fetus.

Fetus makes sense if you look at its Dex info though. It certainly fits Mew much more than the bullshit "Ditto is Mew clone".

So, what are the chances that Colress is the one behind the scenes this time? He seems like the kind of person who'd create Genesectacon.
In the games it was a different, unnamed scientist, but in the anime it could be him.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm holding this thread responsible for all the anguish I'm currently feeling after finding out D-Arts' Mewtwo figure is sold out everywhere.

7Th

People like to think Mew and Arceus can't be put in the same lore, but they can. Arceus is "creator", and it created Mew which became the source of all non-high level legendary Pokemon. I mention high level because you have "legendary" by virtue of being rarely seen (like the birds and beasts) but don't really possess much power vs. high legendaries like the weather gang.

But the original Pokedex entry said that Mew came from a different dimension!

tipoo

Banned
I have to repeat a very common sentiment in this thread, the last pokemon movie I watched was the first Mewtwo one and I outgrew the series after that, but I am SO watching this movie just for Mewtwo, and I really want to get a 3DS just for Pokemon X or Y too.

Even after so many generations Mewtwo is the most badass.

I want to see him fight Arceus or Lugia in a movie.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/stat/all.shtml

Where would this Genesect thing fall on the pokemon rankings? It's nowhere on the top 100 chart, although maybe it hasn't been updated in a while.

(also how can Dragonite be 14th, it always seemed pretty normal?)

I think the last one I watched with my sis was 9......or 8. I remember a temple filling with water and ash telling one of the girls to get in a capsule...probably 9.

Boss Doggie

I have to repeat a very common sentiment in this thread, the last pokemon movie I watched was the first Mewtwo one and I outgrew the series after that, but I am SO watching this movie just for Mewtwo, and I really want to get a 3DS just for Pokemon X or Y too.

Where would this Genesect thing fall on the pokemon rankings? It's nowhere on the top 100 chart, although maybe it hasn't been updated in a while.

You should watch the superior Movie 3.

TrickRoom

I'm not fazed; multiple movies happen plenty of times with anime. Doraemon has over 30 movies. What's the matter with you guys?

Espada

Thank ranking doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Why are Mewtwo and Slaking ranked that high? And that's only the beginning of the bizarre order of that list.

Busaiku

It's a ranking based on total stats.
Just cause a Pokemon has higher stats overall doesn't necessarily make it the best.

Slaking is so high because it has amazing stats.
But its only ability is also the absolute worst thing in the game.

TrickRoom

Thank ranking doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Why are Mewtwo and Slaking ranked that high? And that's only the beginning of the bizarre order of that list.

All this goes out the window when it comes to anime canon. (But slaking really is that powerful stat-wise, just held back by a bad ability)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Team Rocket needs to get a real fucking job, I swear. Are they still out to get Pikachu? It was silly when there were 149 other pokemon they could try to be getting, now its just dumb.

Espada

It's a ranking based on total stats.
Just cause a Pokemon has higher stats overall doesn't necessarily make it the best.

Slaking is so high because it has amazing stats.
But its only ability is also the absolute worst thing in the game.

It's not based on total stats or Black/White Kyurem would be second place (with a BST of 700). It seems to have no rhyme or reason to it.

All this goes out the window when it comes to anime canon. (But slaking really is that powerful stat-wise, just held back by a bad ability)

Oh, absolutely. The anime is all over the place in terms of power levels, largely because the plot dictates how powerful a pokemon. This ultimately leads to crazy inconsistencies.

Also, I think Slow Start ties with Truant for worst ability. Both absolutely cripple the pokemon afflicted with it.

NEO0MJ

ibloUYClgXy185.gif

Eeveelution hype.

Those scarf-like things really were tentacles in the end?!

tumblr_mie7vikQgz1qzizv5o1_500.jpg

tipoo

Banned

Should Mewtwo not be that high? I thought he was the next most powerful after the pokemon god-type-thing Arceus. But again bear in mind I haven't followed any of this since what, 1998?

Boss Doggie

Should Mewtwo not be that high? I thought he was the next most powerful after the pokemon god-type-thing Arceus. But again bear in mind I haven't followed any of this since what, 1998?

It's just base stats total. You have the likes of Slaking who has high BST rivaling that of legendaries but because of their ability Truant (makes them act only after other turn) limits them.

With that said, there's abilities like Mummy which can "override" Truant. And then there's stuff like Durant who can be caught with an ability Truant (get it? Durant is a true ant lololol) but can learn Entrainment which lets them pass on their ability to others.

Top Bottom