• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First full trailer of the 16th Pokemon movie featuring Mewtwo

I think we'd all just be better off if Deoxys assimilated Mewtwo. It prove its dominance while getting rid of any potential competition at the same time, but at the expense of severely worsening its design:

Deoxys_infects_Mewtwo__by_Esepibe.png

Village

I think we'd all just be better off if Deoxys assimilated Mewtwo. It prove its dominance while getting rid of any potential competition at the same time, but at the expense of severely worsening its design:

Now he looks like a crappy sonic oc mixed with a catfetus

also deoxys is red and blue, so thats even the right color.

also they bow to the might of Pokemon God

Arceus_lg.png

Though his design is terribad

Mariolee

If it was anything like the game and the cellphone stuff, it was probably Celebii.

Yep.

In an interview with Masamitsu Hidaka in 2008, it was explained that the GS Ball was originally going to contain a Celebi that was to be the star of a large arc of the Johto saga. However, it was decided that Celebi would be the star of the fourth movie, so the story arc was viewed as redundant and shelved. The ball was left with Kurt with the hopes that viewers would eventually forget about it.

http://pokebeach.com/2008/07/second-pokemon-interview-with-masamitsu-hidaka-many-interesting-points

Would be interesting if they came back to it and made the series go somewhat full circle.

Davey Cakes

I believe Mewtwo was heavily inspired by Dragonball Z (Frieza in particular)
Considering that Ape Inc. (Responsible for the games Mother and Earthbound) became Creatures Inc. (which had a hand in Pokemon), it's a possibility that some inspiration was drawn from the character of Giegue/Giygas as well.

Combine the psychic powers and hate for humans of Giegue, and the color scheme of Frieza, and you basically have Mewtwo as a result.

Keyouta

For people wondering about the reanimated scenes, there is (or was) a YouTube video showing a few seconds but I can't seem to find it right now. It's definitely somewhere on the internet though! I'll edit this post with a link of I manage to find it. The episode is broadcasting in Japan very soon, so footage should be up within a day I'd say.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
For people wondering about the reanimated scenes, there is (or was) a YouTube video showing a few seconds but I can't seem to find it right now. It's definitely somewhere on the internet though! I'll edit this post with a link of I manage to find it. The episode is broadcasting in Japan very soon, so footage should be up within a day I'd say.

I'm still laughing at people thinking Brock and Misty would return.

This animation is better than the movies usually look? Ouch.

Huh, I disagree. Movies tend to have better animation, particularly in fights.

I didn't realise Charizard was back. Those fucking dicks can't just reanimate Ash in his old get-up again! Fuck you! That's too much for my weak heart! He looked so much better :'(

They've reanimated loads of old scenes for the episode just gone. Right up to the Battle Frontier and everything.

Then Charizard arrived and dominated Dragonite. Fun times.

They've reanimated loads of old scenes for the episode just gone. Right up to the Battle Frontier and everything.

Then Charizard arrived and dominated Dragonite. Fun times.

I'm gonna have to watch that one. I don't watch the anime any more for obvious reasons but a fangasm episode like this I can't miss.

Sounds like the anime is gonna have episodes that tie directly into this film too? I dunno who's running the anime show nowadays but it all seems a lot more ambitious than previously.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I remember in the first movie Mewtwo was all like "I'm psychic y'all so I'm just going to wipe your memories now. Bye" but then he keeps popping up at later dates. What an attention seeker. Why doesn't he take himself and his candyass clone Pokemon outta here and make way for the Pokémon who really deserves to be the star of a movie, Stunfisk.

Shouldn't Ash be something like 30 years old now? Even if the show doesn't age in real-time it's odd he's been doing shit for however many episodes and movies yet still looks exactly the same age. Do they just keep rebooting stuff every few seasons?

tajd

Banned
Shouldn't Ash be something like 30 years old now? Even if the show doesn't age in real-time it's odd he's been doing shit for however many episodes and movies yet still looks exactly the same age. Do they just keep rebooting stuff every few seasons?

each regions last 4 years 1 main game 4 movies and they reset it

tho unvoa is only lasting 3 years

season 17 of anime is resting the anime 100% i read few weeks back in some interview there changing everything about the show and art style same for the movies

Celestial

Banned
Why is Ash getting younger instead of older?If Nintendo wanted a character to appeal to small kids in Japan it should make a new character and keep just pikachu.This is just.....sily.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Mewtwo is such a fucking OG. There might be some powerful or cool looking pokemon elsewhere, but it's Mewtwo, man.

Mewtwo's entrance needs to be in gif form, so I can watch it over and over again. Tiled, as my desktop background.

DaBoss

I'm gonna have to watch that one. I don't watch the anime any more for obvious reasons but a fangasm episode like this I can't miss.

Sounds like the anime is gonna have episodes that tie directly into this film too? I dunno who's running the anime show nowadays but it all seems a lot more ambitious than previously.

Nah, the movies just have Ash using the same Pokemon as the anime.

Village

Ash actually did age for a while actually, along with gary and misty. Gary specifically, because there was this whole thing about them growing up and getting past gary being a dick when they first met. also gary got older and got an island with bitches and a car, so yea.

But now thats all gone.

But marketing is marketing

Mewtwo is such a fucking OG. There might be some powerful or cool looking pokemon elsewhere, but it's Mewtwo, man.

Mewtwo's entrance needs to be in gif form, so I can watch it over and over again. Tiled, as my desktop background.

Who cares, its a cat fetus in a cape.

Giratina now that's a bloody pokemans

Sirius

Always revel at any chance I get to school youngsters about the First Gen - hope to see some curious Pokemon fans in my 4th grade class next week...

That Sableye on the poster is so random. Genesect and Mewtwo are the stars of the film, the Eeveelutions have their short, and everybody else belongs to Ash, Iris and Cilan. Sableye is the only one that doesn't belong. It makes you wonder if they're reintroducing it because it'll be getting an evolution in gen VI, just like they brought Aipom back in the Diamond & Pearl season.

HardRojo

16 movies already? I remember watching Jirachi, Deoxys, Latios/Latias and Giratina but anything after that I either don't remember or haven't watched at all.

LuuKyK

Joining the crowd that is surprised there are 16 Pokemon movies. Holy shit. I think I watched 3 or 4 tops. lmao Still, watching this trailer made me want to go back and watch the old ones. I loved them.

Avixph

Joining the crowd that is surprised there are 16 Pokemon movies. Holy shit. I think I watched 3 or 4 tops. lmao Still, watching this trailer made me want to go back and watch the old ones. I loved them.
I have watched them all because they're always broadcasted on Cartoon Network.

xk0sm0sx

So they will be releasing a line of Charizard goods aimed at adults in Pokemon Centres in Japan

01085540.jpg

Man knowing when we first knew charizard we were still kids ;;

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Know what I never understood. If Mew is the ancestor and contains the genes of all pokemon, what does that make Arceus?

GulAtiCa

Why is Mewto fighting a transformer?

Also, the first two are the best. Don't remember any of the other few I've seen, but Pokemon: The First Movie is fucking awesome, and 2000 was pretty damn great too.

I still have this:

Ancient_Mew_Card_by_CloakedRanger.jpg

haha, I remember that! I had so many different Pokemon cards back in the day. Even has over 1000 energy cards! I no longer have any of card anymore. Sold them all eventually for like $250+.

ibloUYClgXy185.gif

Eeveelution hype.
hmm, taking another look at this, really looks like Espeon is pissed off with the way it's eyes are positioned. heh

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Mew is roughly based on a cat fetus hence the "stretched cat fetus" to Mewtwo :p

So good.

It's possible to like Deoxys/Mewtwo/Genesect at the same time people lol.

I only strike at heathens. Personally I like both Deoxys and Genesect :p

Know what I never understood. If Mew is the ancestor and contains the genes of all pokemon, what does that make Arceus?

People like to think Mew and Arceus can't be put in the same lore, but they can. Arceus is "creator", and it created Mew which became the source of all non-high level legendary Pokemon. I mention high level because you have "legendary" by virtue of being rarely seen (like the birds and beasts) but don't really possess much power vs. high legendaries like the weather gang.

Top Bottom