• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Heavenly Sword review. And the score is...

Dahbomb

Zenith said:
More info on that Resident Evil 5 article plz. anyhing new or just bullshit?
It's about racism in RE5, meaning non-news.

Also I am not worried about replayability in Heavenly Sword if Hell mode is indeed as hard as they say it is.

Steroyd

Dahbomb said:
Heavenly Sword the PS3 killer app of '07?

Old, we came to that conclusion with HS's showing at E306. Although the info about GOOD enemy AI is interesting.

People complaining that groups of enemies stalk around and attack in one or two's seem to forget that, that was done on purpose to make it like the Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee fight scenes.

Borys

Banned
2nd page (skanuj0002.jpg), white text at the top:

Playstation 3 finally gets its killer game of the highest caliber: the system seller. I assume that HS alone will sell more PS3s than Gears sold 360s."

:lol

4th page (skanuj0004.jpg), black text at the bottom:

Kratos' ass isn't as beatiful.

:lol

rs7k

I'm glad the game is getting some good reviews. Like all of Sony's games, it's incredibly focused on cinematic game-making (for a lack of a better term, my head is groggy this morning), which is the perfect way to showcase the PS3's tech. I mean, I want Sony to be rewarded for these kinds of efforts, it must cost so much damn money to make these games and it's so risky to do it on the PS3.

Now come down to $299 PS3, and I'll buy you.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
I just hope Ganett doesnt do the review for this on EGM. I can see it now:

"I feels too much like God of War, the controls are terrible I hate the sixaxis"

tanod said:
PS3 GOTY contest is heating up.

Ratchet and Heavenly Sword FIGHT!
I got my money on Uncharted. Singstar might also pull in some great reviews

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Garnett has called HS "super tight" and that it doesn't have to be "God of War."

You guys are being extremely harsh on him for no reason.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Y2Kev said:
Garnett has called HS "super tight" and that it doesn't have to be "God of War."

Because he says things that would get someone permabanned in GAF and most of his comments are so off base, its hard hearing/reading him critique anything. The guy is definitely entertaining though. Him and Shane keep the 1up yours show great.

Doc Evils

PistolGrip said:
I just hope Ganett doesnt do the review for this on EGM. I can see it now:

"I feels too much like God of War, the controls are terrible I hate the sixaxis"

I got my money on Uncharted. Singstar might also pull in some great reviews

I wonder if EGM will still be around to review it.:lol

jjasper

PleoMax said:
I still don't understand the hate for Garnnet. He's fair.

I agree for the most part. Although I thought he was being over critical of Warhawk, but he has even admitted to that.

Anyway I really enjoyed the short demo and have replayed it multiple times so I am really looking forward to this. I am not really too worried about the games length. I pretty much expected it to be short and 12-15 hours is good enough more me since there are hard difficulties.

RavenFox

Banned
Hmm good and good so far. Glad to hear the AI is really good I was a bit worried about that.
A GI review would seal the deal though. Bah who am I kidding, I'm getting this sweetness first day.:D

Firewire

Banned
RavenFox said:
Hmm good and good so far. Glad to hear the AI is really good I was a bit worried about that.
A GI review would seal the deal though. Bah who am I kidding, I'm getting this sweetness first day.:D

Pre-ordered months ago!

Its a game with a hot, thong wearing, kick ass, red head! Just no way to resist!

traveler

Not Wario
Nice score. Game has looked pretty impressive all along. Don't understand the collectables complaint (Needs more? :lol ) and I wish they would go into more detail on how the combat engine is. Better or worse than God of War/Rise of the Kasai/Devil May Cry? How does it control? It kinda is the most important part of the game.

forgeforsaken said:
Wouldn't he love the PS3 games then?

Ouch :lol :lol

Cedeo

Just pre-ordered this for september the 14th, then I am gonna complete it in 2 days and return it for warhawk.

tanod

when is my burrito
Y2Kev said:

"Guys?" I didn't say anything about him.

Anyway, I would like it if Garnett wasn't on this review because my taste in games does not match up with his at all, not because of some irrational TEH BIAS BS.

Brian Intihar, Shane, and to a lesser extent (Crispin or Matt Leone) are probably the top 3 among reviewers at 1UP whose opinion I appreciate the most.

Fina1e

IdleCoder said:
from PSX extreme?

just as asking to bush what he think about bush

"WOAH IT'S GREAT"

You do realize that it's a multiplatform magazine right?

Look at the cover, I'm sure Playstation magazines don't cover Metroid, Blue Dragon, Shadow Run, or Ace Combat 6.

IdleCoder said:
from PSX extreme?

just as asking to bush what he think about bush

"WOAH IT'S GREAT"

pretty sure its multiplat, or is blue dragon coming to PS3...though maybe youre not from the UK so you wont understand it

IdleCoder

Banned
Fina1e said:
You do realize that it's a multiplatform magazine right?

Look at the cover, I'm sure Playstation magazines don't cover Metroid, Blue Dragon, Shadow Run, or Ace Combat 6.

they need to sell copies, they was forced by the lack of ps3 new games to cover other platform, or die

Metroid 5
Blue Dragon 5-
Shadow Run 2
Ace Combat 6 4-
Heavenly sword 9+

:D

Gattsu25

Banned
IdleCoder said:
they need to sell copies, they was forced by the lack of ps3 new games to cover other platform, or die

Metroid 5
Blue Dragon 5-
Shadow Run 2
Ace Combat 6 4-
Heavenly sword 9+

How are you? Things are fine? Hmm...

IdleCoder said:

Metroid 5
Blue Dragon 5-
Shadow Run 2
Ace Combat 6 4-
Heavenly sword 9+

clever man, great logic hahah

Dave1988

IdleCoder said:

Metroid preview, no score
Blue Dragon 7+
Shadow Run 7
Ace Combat 6 8+
Heavenly sword 9+

Fixed for you ;p

Btw Grim Grimoire got an 8- if anyone's interested.

tanod

when is my burrito
Testicular Sound Express said:
tell me when there are reviews from sources that aren't pro sony.

multi-platform magazine

multi-platform magazine

multi-platform magazine

multi-platform magazine

multi-platform magazine

multi-platform magazine

multi-platform magazine

also, facepalm.gif

Top Bottom