• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Rayman Legends Review? - Official Nintendo Magazine

Gbraga

The demo was incredible, I'm not getting it day one since I still didn't play Origins, but it made me put Origins way higher in the backlog than it would be otherwise. Truly spectacular.

qko

Thinking of getting this at launch for the Wii U or wait until the inevitable $40 drop in price by December for the 360.

Roto13

I'll wait to hear if it falls apart half way through like Rayman Origins.

Though nobody ever talks about that anyway.

onipex

Will get this for the Wii U. The demo and free app were pretty fun and ubisoft has been giving the best Wii U support . Even better than Nintendo right now.

Kater

Banned
Good MP in Rayman, huh.
Haven't played a Rayman game since the second one. Might as well get this one for my Wii U.

Velcro Fly

Just got Origins and started playing it. Will probably get this on Vita eventually. Maybe for Christmas. Between Origins and DKCR 3D I have a backlog of good platformers forming.

Fireblend

Banned
Isn't the murfy bullshit optional?

Nope. The very first level of the demo required you to use him to get past several sections.

yeah me neither...

Considering this will be released on everything, its not an incentive to buy a WiiU for me. Will play it on PC.
Sorry WiiU :(

Appropriate username? :p

I could see how not being able to play this on multiplayer would sour some people. I wouldn't have had as much fun with Origins as I did if I hadn't played it start to finish on local MP, and I plan to do the same with Legends.

spliced

Wii U version has Mario costume? That might be cool. You can pretend it's a Mario game with better controls.

I'll still get it on Vita anyway for the portable factor.

Sometime the unintentional comedy is more hilarious than the intentional stuff.

Fireblend

Banned
Fuck. I remember reading a thread where it said 80% of the game is regular platforming and and 20% murfy sections are optional.

I'm pretty sure there are ways to "trigger" Murfy if you're playing single-player, but the demo did contain some traps/enemies that you could only get past by using Murfy.
I played on PC (with a 360 pad) and on there you have to press the Y button to make him do things. He kind of hovers over traps indicating the action he'll do if you press the Y button at that time.

Then yes I suppose. For singleplayer Vita has the most levels and is the cheapest (and portable) but it doesn't have local multiplayer like the Wii U version.

Apparently the Murphy stuff isn't as natural on the PC/PS360 versions since he must be controlled with buttons.

But it does, I'm getting it on Vita - instead of on my WiiU - mainly to play co op with my stepson (both have Vitas).

The Vita has local coop/Murphy stages, but requires to Vitas, which is fine. He loves his PSV, so to get him interested in the game, I'm picking a platform he enjoys most....I also loved Rayman Origins, when it launched alongside Vita.

waypoetic

Banned
Just played the demo on PS3. I liked it. I'd rather play it on the Vita though, i enjoyed "Origins" way more on the Vita than on the PS3.

But it does, I'm getting it on Vita - instead of on my WiiU - mainly to play co op with my stepson (both have Vitas).

The Vita has local coop/Murphy stages, but requires to Vitas, which is fine. He loves his PSV, so to get him interested in the game, I'm picking a platform he enjoys most....I also loved Rayman Origins, when it launched alongside Vita.
Oh ok. I was under the impression Vita only had the ghost mode thingy or whatever for multi.

jimi_dini

Steam sales for me.

ehA8Ajw.gif

SykoTech

Isn't the murfy bullshit optional? As in, you can play the whole single player campaign without touching it?

I think that was revised for the better.

At least I hope so, because the Murfy level was by far my least favorite part of the demo. And I was playing co-op with my brother too. Makes me wish that this wasn't Wii U focused (at first) so Murfy wouldn't have been forced in to begin with.

Looks good. Sucks I probably won't be able to find the time or money for it until early next year though. Too many other games coming out (especially GTAV) around and after this game's release for me to consider getting it right away. Still pretty disappointed by the delay, could have had plenty of time/money to enjoy it over the summer drought.

Debating between this and SR IV with my non-C:LOS money allocation. The plus for this is the beautiful art and it comes with Origins. Will wait for more reviews.

Alpha_eX

Put a lot of time into both WiiU and 360 versions, you'll have buckets of fun with both and they are visually equal (ran side by side on same screens/settings)

If you have a Wii U then get it on that for the best co-op multi player experience. Hands down, it is the best for multiplayer.

If you prefer to play it on your own, PS3/360/PC might be better as you have to control murphy and assist a computer controlled Rayman through Murfy levels in the Wii U version.

WiiU Multiplayer
360/PS3/PC Singleplayer

That said, 360/PS3/PC is fine in mutliplayer but much better on Wii U due to 5 players and the option to be Murfy which is fun.

Never played a Rayman game before I picked up Origins on sale two weeks back. I'm on board for a PS4 port of Legends if (or rather, when) Ubi brings it over.

El-Suave

German mag M! Games has a review as well. 88% on Wii U, 87% on PS3/360. The reason for the difference is the good Wii U Pad integration for the Murfy stuff.

Top Bottom