• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Rayman Legends Review? - Official Nintendo Magazine

The_Lump

Banned
Good to hear although totally expected it to rock.

How comes you got your NOM already? iPad edition isn't available yet :(

Wensih

And people on here wonder why many devs don't support PC gaming that well. If your in no rush to buy the game, their in no rush to put it on PC

I'm never in a rush to buy games. PC, Console, or handheld. I have patience and know the price will drop by at least $20 within 2-3 months although I tend to wait a little bit longer than that.

TaroYamada

So wait, it's multiplayer centric with no online for PC? Lame. As. Fuck.

Waiting for a Steam sale is justified for such a lazy port.

wouwie

If the multiplayer part is similar to the demo (the Murphy section), then i don't mind playing in single player on ps3.

Anyway, nice to see the first reviews being very positive. Judging by the demo, this game is going to be awesome and i can't wait.

Also, i really hope we'll see an OT here on Neogaf.

Still looks like a great game, which is nice.

I would have bought it on Wii U in February (and had it pre-ordered), but I've just bought W101 and cannot afford more than GTAV next month.

All things considered, I'm sure I'll enjoy it when the post-Christmas sales roll around.

NotLiquid

Gamereactor Sweden gave it a 9/10 in their latest magazine. Translated quote:

Rayman Origins was possibly the greatest platformer of this generation, and Legends trumps it in every way. It's that simple. Admittedly, Rayman as a platform icon has 18 years of history under his belt, which is a lifetime in terms of games, but that age is barely notable. Few games ever become as refreshing as this one.

Any lag would completely destroy the experience, especially harder levels where you really need to perform flawlessly to succeed.

Having played Battleblock Theatre in co-op, a game that often times has you rely on your partner.... I can tell you it wasn't an issue. Some of the platforming in the challenge maps is not that easy.

This could very well be different for Rayman but I don't see why.

desu

Getting the superior Vita version.

After Gamescom I am not so sold on the Vita version anymore. I played the PS3 demo on it and the worst thing was that you had to control the level with touch in some places (moving platforms and so on, I suppose this is like the Wii U version plays?). Personally I didn't really enjoy that.

GC had a demo with levels that were not in the PS3 demo and those levels were really awesome as well.

Yuterald

I'm still so torn on what version to get. For me, it's either between the Wii U version or the PS3 version. Because the game started out as a Wii U title, I feel like it's the most natural format to play the game on, especially because of the pad features. On the other hand, I've been playing Rayman since the original on Playstation and I own most of the franchise on Sony platforms. Don't know what to do... =/

I'm still so torn on what version to get. For me, it's either between the Wii U version or the PS3 version. Because the game started out as a Wii U title, I feel like it's the most natural format to play the game on, especially because of the pad features. On the other hand, I've been playing Rayman since the original on Playstation and I own most of the franchise on Sony platforms. Don't know what to do... =/

mario and luigi costumes dude

just saying

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

Both versions cost about the same and the Wii U version has more multiplayer-content (Murfy is playable by one of the players) and more singleplayer content (each Murfy-level can be completed either as Rayman or as Murfy, making them effectively two levels on the Wii U version). If it was PSV or Wii U I could understand the dilemma, but PS3 vs. Wii U is really not a question imo.

Weng

There is no online multiplayer in any version. The best you get are ghosts that show up during Challenges.
B-b-but I thought online multiplayer in a 2D platformer is a no-brainer and only Nintendo would be backwards enough to not put it in their games?

Yuterald

Both versions cost about the same and the Wii U version has more multiplayer-content (Murfy is playable by one of the players) and more singleplayer content (each Murfy-level can be completed either as Rayman or as Murfy, making them effectively two levels on the Wii U version). If it was PSV or Wii U I could understand the dilemma, but PS3 vs. Wii U is really not a question imo.

Hmm, well, I also have a Vita, but I never choose a portable version over a console version (regardless of how nice the screen is on Vita). I just like playing games on a TV so it's either between PS3 or Wii U at the moment. I'm leaning more towards the Wii U version at this point (and then I'll probably pick up a PS3 copy when it's on sale during the holidays, lol!).

XaosWolf

Wii U and Vita versions for me.

Singleplayer Origins on Vita was like playing on Hard Mode. No relying on a buddy to resurrect me.

Plus, it'll have a Platinum I'm actually willing to obtain! =D

Darryl

Banned
i want this much but they managed to delay the game right into a period where i'm not going to have any money :<

I posted a thread and no one seemed to notice, the game is under £25 on PS3/360, under £24 on Vita, just under £32 on WiiU and just under £17 on PC, all of these prices are on Simply Games.

Lijik

So the game is only good enough to play if it's a mere fill-in during a drought?
Its Waylon, he thinks hes entitled to something and Ubisoft has personally wronged him by delaying a piece of entertainment.

Why he still posts about it is beyond me, the games out in a week youd think hed have moved on already.

sikkinixx

Had this on order since it was available for pre order. cancelled it because there are way too many games and a new console to be bought this year. Ubi fucked up not putting out the Wii U version earlier this year so bargain bin buy for me.

Plus I have three versions of Origins I have never come close to beating (shame...)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Steam sales for me.
Weird that this post is getting so much hate. Whatever you buy it on sale for will still give Ubisoft more money than if you bought it used. Plus, that money is more valuable as you won't be able to resell it in the future.

Its Waylon, he thinks hes entitled to something and Ubisoft has personally wronged him by delaying a piece of entertainment.

Why he still posts about it is beyond me, the games out in a week youd think hed have moved on already.

Haha, it's weird, right? Someone sharing an opinion on a message board...what an asshole.

I'd love to know what you think that I believe I'm entitled to.

Top Bottom