• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Uncharted 4 Preview, new Screenshots

Alo0oy

Banned
Hopefully this isn't a TLOU PS3 situation where it looks good but runs like ass.

The Uncharted games always had stable framerate, they got away with it in the TLOU because that game wasn't very fast paced, Uncharted would be almost unplayable with choppy framerate.

Javin98

Banned
Doesn't negate the fact that the game uses a pretty strong AA solution.
Dude, do you see me downplaying anything in The Order? I think it's one of the best looking games in the market now and the fact that it uses 4x MSAA is amazing. However, I'm not a fan of the heavy post processed look. And that goes for games like Batman Arkham Knight as well. Both of which I own and enjoy BTW.

Maxey

Dude, do you see me downplaying anything in The Order? I think it's one of the best looking games in the market now and the fact that it uses 4x MSAA is amazing. However, I'm not a fan of the heavy post processed look. And that goes for games like Batman Arkham Knight as well. Both of which I own and enjoy BTW.

Fair enough and to be honest I don't want to be having that argument again.

I am excited for this game but honestly I don't see anything special with these new pics. People drewling over it and saying wow what is so great about it?

They are beyond that now, on to bigger and better things. They are expected to make big bucks for Sony going forward so that means games that have a bigger audience.

i feel the same except I feel that way about Uncharted. After 3 games, and with Uncharted 2 being the peak of the series, I was hoping they would move on to other things. They're just so good at creating new IP's

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
What? I remember it being running great. Certainly not running like ass.

It runs great for the game play it is going for, but it is below 30 for much of the time. To me, that is fine, but lot of people basically thinks anything below 30 is shit, regardless of the game.

TLoU PS3 definitely dropped to mid 20s often, but still less often (and not as low as) GTA V. Like other people said, it's slower paced nature makes it less of a big deal.

I have no reason to believe this will be the case with U4. Again as was already stated, Uncharted games have always had decent framerates, and neither PSX nor E3 demos ever went below solid 30.

Marking the enemies..

Meh.

You can always not do it. I know I won't. It's not something I personally would add to the game, but then again neither is Listen Mode. I'm well aware that ND games have to be decently accessible to the mainstream, and features like this are part of how they do it.

That, and having every difficulty level be one step easier than it should be.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I am excited for this game but honestly I don't see anything special with these new pics. People drewling over it and saying wow what is so great about it?

I agree. I am sure it will look mind blowing in motion but the pics looks pretty underwhelming.They don't even look native 1080p and they have a really soft low res look. Is the campaign 900p too?

oPc1Uuy.jpg

this looks exactly like the cutscene model.

photomode will be lit

VanWinkle

I agree. I am sure it will look mind blowing in motion but the pics looks pretty underwhelming.They don't even look native 1080p and they have a really soft low res look. Is the campaign 900p too?

Are you seriously asking that

The pictures are in 970x546 resolution.

Maxey

Pretty sure the campaign is 1080p.

I mean, the pics in the OP have been shrunk down from their original size, probably not using the best resizing filter.

Memento

Oh man...

I really shouldnt watch the video previews tomorrow... but I am so weak.

I will watch everything... damn... I wish I had the will to go full media blackout. :(

Yeah to me it looks more like the multi-player graphics a bit underwhelming, however the game should look great in first player

zsynqx

I've been wondering how they will handle allies in stealth with this game. I think it will likely be an evolution of the system used in the Last of Us, hopefully with less jank.

Ricky_R

Sorry #TeamChloe, but she's not important enough. She'll get a cameo at the most, or an easter egg, if anything.

gamerMan

It doesn't blow you away because we have already seen Witcher and Tomb Raider, but in some of the screen grabs the lighting does look sweet. I will admit some of the textures do look rather low res like on the jeep and the explosion doesn't look great.

One thing I like is how organic everything looks compared to Last Of Us, where every had a right angle.

I think that the game looks better in motion when you see all the work put into the animation. The game does look better in the cut scenes where all of the detail is bumped up.Nate sort of looks cartoony in game and his hair doesn'y have the cool shaders that are in the cut scenes.

UNCHARTED-4-Trailer-1.jpg

Hype is definitely rising. Almost finished with my play through of UC Collection so the timeing will be perfect. It's been so long since I played them, I actually forgot most of 1 and 2.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Man this games gonna be so good.
What do you guys think, ND's best game to date?
better overall reception than tlou?

Top Bottom