• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Warcraft reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontovik

Banned
Looks like a library loan.

No surprise that the movie is getting trashed by critics currently. Perhaps Blizzard should've let Uwe Boll direct the movie if this is the best quality they can come up with.

jmdajr

Some dude called B v S the "Showgirls" of superhero movies.

Can't these reviewers just review the fucking movie without going to these absurd lengths.

The Pluto Nash of videogames movies!
never seen it

Wallach

Well, Variety didn't open with the Battlefield Earth reference, but stashed down near the bottom:

sRI03F2.jpg

Welp. I'm sure there will be more positive reviews but that Battlefield Earth comparison is going to be hard to see past. Absolutely brutal.

Eagerly awaiting the Sad Orc video

"“Warcraft” promises, or threatens, sequels, but then so did “Super Mario Bros.” And come to think of it, if forced to watch either of these video-game movies a second time, I’d probably vote for the plumbers."

6Lx5g0k.gif

The reviews are at least somewhat kind to the orcs so maybe there's something redeeming in this clunker.

Yeah, well, a lot of reviews were kind to Batfleck too and he wasn't nearly enough for me to enjoy BvS. Probably won't see this in the theater if the reviews don't make a dramatic turnaround.

Battlefield Earth..........................so ya'll still want that Overwatch movie? lol

Day one. This movie is gonna be amazing.

Aurongel

Alonso tore this thing to shreds, damn. For those who aren't familiar with his work, I've never heard him compared a film to BE before so when he does it here he means it.

Chalk this up as another Bowie tragedy this year :/

how is it fuckin brutal?

that first one maybe. last one seems alright and about what I expected

Most of the discussion is focused on the first review, which is the definition of brutal.

The second one isn't kind either and the third just seems lukewarm.

It's still really early but until we get more, this is bad.

lord quas

Alonso tore this thing to shreds, damn. For those who aren't familiar with his work, I've never heard him compared a film to BE before so when he does it here he means it.

Chalk this up as another Bowie tragedy this year :/

pretty distasteful...

FStop7

Banned
Seemed like a terrible idea from the jump but they made a fun movie out of a Disney theme park ride so I figured it may have a chance.

ironcreed

Banned
Too bad. I don't give a damn about World of Warcraft, but I was hoping it would at least be watchable because of Travis Fimmel. At least there is his work as Ragnar. Hopefully he lands something better next time, lol.

I'm sure the higher ups at Blizzard have seen the movie, I wonder how they feel about it? Fans have been clamoring for them to bring their properties to the big screen for a very long time. It would be pretty terrible for them if this bombs.

Darkgran

I've seen it and it's true..all of it..

There are bad movies and then there is Warcraft. Also..I walked out after an hour...

- J - D -

Yeah, well, a lot of reviews were kind to Batfleck too and he wasn't nearly enough for me to enjoy BvS. Probably won't see this in the theater if the reviews don't make a dramatic turnaround.

True.

Maybe the best thing to come out of this is an interest in an orcs-only Warcraft movie, just like with Batfleck, lol.

I'm crossing my fingers for this to be a Dune situation. Panned critically, considered an anomaly in its director's filmography and well below his standards but for some reason I love it anyway and have a fascination for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom