• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I love the BBC and I love irony even more

Blackpool had 3 players sent off in a defeat yesterday, cue their Manager

"They've let everyone down," said Ince, who has himself just served a five-match stadium ban. "They've let the fans down and the club down.

Each juror is allowed to nominate five players, the juror will allocate 10 points to the player that they perceive as the most impressive, 7 for second, 5 third, 3 fourth and 1 point for fifth most impressive. All nominees must be under the age of 21 and play in a European nation's top tier.
Newspapers that participate include l'Équipe, Marca, A Bola, Bild, The Times, De Telegraaf, Mundo Deportivo, France Football, Sport Express, Blick and Ta Nea.

Well, what a fucking terrible choice for the German and Swiss newspapers. Thanks for ruining this award, Yurt.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pepe also nominated for the world XI

I can't

UEFA's list (not FIFA)

Goalkeepers: Cech [Chelsea], Neuer [Bayern Munich], Courtois [Atletico Madrid],De Gea [Manchester United]

Defenders: Alaba [Bayern Munich], Chiellini [Juventus], Dante [Bayern Munich], Hummels [Borussia Dortmund], Ivanovic [Chelsea], Lahm [Bayern Munich], Lichtsteiner [Juventus], Felipe Luis [Atletico Madrid], Kompany [Manchester City], Pique [Barcelona], Ramos [Real Madrid], Thiago Silva [Paris Saint-Germain]

Midfielders: Bale [Real Madrid], Isco [Real Madrid], Gundogan [Borussia Dortmund], Pogba [Juventus], Ozil [Arsenal], Matic [Benfica], Matuidi [Paris Saint-Germain], Reus [Borussia Dortmund], Ribery [Bayern Munich], Robben [Bayern Munich], Schweinsteiger [Bayern Munich], Yaya Toure Manchester City]

Forwards: Aguero [Manchester City], Cavani [Paris Saint-Germain], Diego Costa [Atletico Madrid], Falcao [Monaco], Ibrahimovic [Paris Saint-Germain], Lewandowski [Borussia Dortmund], Mandzukic [Bayern Munich], Martinez [Porto], Messi [Barcelona], Muller [Bayern Munich], Ronaldo [Real Madrid], Van Persie [Manchester United]

bjaelke

I love the BBC and I love irony even more

Blackpool had 3 players sent off in a defeat yesterday, cue their Manager

BBC Sport @BBCSport
If a manager has been disciplined himself does he have any right to discipline his own players? Tweet #bbcsportsday

Today was my birthday.

Celebrated by eating McDonalds and now going to bed early in order to wake up at 3:45am to watch a match against fucking Norwich. Hopefully we won't get hit by the Odd Morsel birthday curse since it won't technically be my birthday anymore.

Happy Birthday!

Yen

This is much better. Still some very notable omissions, but eh

3906176_o.gif

Edit: Googling Suso gif led me to GAF, and I found this: http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42791755&postcount=9125
I also initially rated Sahin, after Norwich and BA LC games, but really he was very ineffective.

Walshy

Didn't see that lol

No one at the fucking place watches the sport
Valdes got nominated for the best goalkeeper haha

Marcelo got nominated despite only playing 14 league games last year and 9 so far this year

i'm convinced that they just go on fifa 14 and see the highest rated players

Wilbur

Banned

is that ibe

Valdes got nominated for the best goalkeeper haha

Marcelo got nominated despite only playing 14 league games last year and 9 so far this year

i'm convinced that they just go on fifa 14 and see the highest rated players

:lol you might be right

Valdes has been really good this season to be fair. And I really rate Marcelo but he's been injured half the year, yeah.

It's the same everywhere though innit, there's no way someone like Schneiderlin is getting a PFA player nom at the end of the year even if he keeps his form up, because he isn't at a 'big' club and, like that fucking shuffling oik Scott Parker, he isn't English.

i can't believe vidic is nominated as well.

Didn't see that lol

No one at the fucking place watches the sport

Vidic has been good in 2013.

He was absent for the whole of 2012 so it took half a season away from his 2011/12 and 2012/13 season away, but he's actually played in 2013. United went on a run of clean sheets as soon as he came back last season. Aside from the two mistakes in Sunderland and Shakhtar, he's been a beast.

Wilbur

Banned
Vidic has been good in 2013.

He was absent for the whole of 2012 so it took half a season away from his 2011/12 and 2012/13 season away, but he's actually played in 2013. United went on a run of clean sheets as soon as he came back last season. Aside from the two mistakes in Sunderland and Shakhtar, he's been a beast.

I genuinely thought apart from the opening month or two of last season, Rio was phenomenally good. Easily the standout defender over the entire year considering Kompany missed large spells.

Been shite this year though, so it's been nice to have Vidic in relatively good form. He's a better choice than Piqué and fucking Pepe are, but like Yurt said, no Barzagli (and to a lesser extent Bonucci) is nuts.

Wilbur

Banned
Need to watch all of House of Cards S1

My worst post has to be when I said Rafael was overrated.

Then Kharma agreed with me haha

Wooden thinks he is as well
Negative_Man.png

But that's only because he compares him to the majesty of Premier Ass

Usho probably thinks Walker's better. Shogun definitely thinks Johnson's better. DC's probably under the illusion/under the influence of drugs and thinks that Richards is better.

Need to watch all of House of Cards S1

Wooden thinks he is as well
Negative_Man.png

But that's only because he compares him to the majesty of Premier Ass

Usho probably thinks Walker's better. Shogun definitely thinks Johnson's better. DC's probably under the illusion/under the influence of drugs and thinks that Richards is better.

Moyes thinks Smalling is better

Wilbur

Banned
how will football-gaf resolve this lineup riddle???

can we have a gaf xi???

A world XI? I did one the other day but viva will just laugh at me again :(

Would amend it a bit though, yurt made a nice point of having more creativity and that Martinez and Busquets were overkill. So I'd go for Kroos over one of them. Lopez as well over Courtois. Fuck it I'm indecisive

Lopez; Lahm, Kompany, Thiago, Marcelo; Vidal, Busquets, Kroos; Ribery, Messi, Ronaldo

OR DO YOU MEAN A GAF XI

I'll play the Phil jones role

Moyes thinks Smalling is better

I'm not accountable for his sins

WJD

A world XI? I did one the other day but viva will just laugh at me again :(

Would amend it a bit though, yurt made a nice point of having more creativity and that Martinez and Busquets were overkill. So I'd go for Kroos over one of them. Lopez as well over Courtois. Fuck it I'm indecisive

Lopez; Lahm, Kompany, Thiago, Marcelo; Vidal, Busquets, Kroos; Ribery, Messi, Ronaldo

OR DO YOU MEAN A GAF XI

I'll play the Phil jones role

I'm not accountable for his sins

Fuck off the Phil Jones role is mine.

A few lines here and there never hurt anyone. Go Nigelia whatever you are, I know who you are from images but not sure what you actually do.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck off the Phil Jones role is mine.

We can both play it. Imagine how destroyed the other team would be. It's like playing COD and they've only got a knife and we've just triggered two air strikes and a bunch of fucking dogs

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
A few lines here and there never hurt anyone. Go Nigelia whatever you are, I know who you are from images but not sure what you actually do.

She introduced two generations of sex starved teenage boys to cooking, and more than likely an equal number used this hobby to fuck fruit.

Top Bottom