• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Mastadon

Banned
Chris or Kevin?

If the former, because they're twats incapable of letting themselves get lost in a piece of entertainment, instead choosing to look for every minor flaw in a film to the detriment of their own enjoyment

If the latter, because he's shit and doesn't do anything except for pop up with the odd foul or scrappy goal.

Or Colleen?

Or Colleen?

coleen-nolan-pic-getty-images-477434938-193988.jpg

bud pls stay back. it's not safe.

GorillaJu

I am confident Suarez has Wolverine like healing abilities. Tough little cookie.

Why do people not like Nolan? He's so good :/

Not sure. I actually like him quite a bit - always thought he had good character after he took care of Andy Carroll and straightened him out. I think he's more prone to lapses in judgment than anything malicious.

Haha that price keeps on rising.

The way he measured the angle to ping it off of O'Brien and into the top corner was such genius, it added at least £2m to the price :p

Why do I feel like a twat for asking for money I'm owed by old friends for a pitch I booked? The sum individually is only £4 so I probably seem like a skinflint, but 3 of them owe me, and fucked if I'm pissing £12 up the wall just because I'm uncomfortable asking for it :p

BORDERLANDS 2

DmC

DON'T STARVE

Awesome update. Always wanted to see if B2 was better than the first one, but never interested enough to pay for the answer :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@ArsenalGAF

David Villa has conceded that Barcelona did indeed block a January 2013 transfer to Arsenal, before ‘easing’ a summer exit to Atletico Madrid.

The Spanish international was heavily linked with a transfer to the Gunners during the last winter transfer window, with Arsene Wenger even commenting publicly that an approach had been turned down.

“I wasn’t playing so had asked the club if I could leave,” Villa has admitted this week on the situation, to Canal +.

“There was an important offer from an English side, you all know that that was Arsenal. The offer was very good for the club and great for me.

“They saw it as not feasible for me to leave at that moment. I was told that I was needed

“Barca has always shown me great affection. They promised that they would ease my exit in the summer, which they fulfilled. I only have words of gratitude for Barca.”

That eventual summer exit was to Atletico Madrid, where Villa has continued to score goals.

“I am happy because the goals and performances on the field have contributed to the team achieving its objectives, because after all, as you know, I think more towards the collective than the individual.

“When I arrived here, this team was already here, and for some years they had been playing very well and had been very aggressive, achieving important things. Slowly, I find myself becoming increasingly better.

“Diego Simeone’s impact? He has the virtue of Luis Aragones and the motivational talks similar to Pep Guardiola.”

Fergie

Banned
@Squawka: Man Utd have created 113 (10.2 per game) chances with RVP this season in the Premier League and 26 (6.5 per game) without him @LionelEvans_

@Squawka: Kevin Strootman vs Marouane Fellaini: League games played 14-8: Goals 3-0, Chances Created: 23-1, Pass accuracy: 88%-88%. @united_fan_

Fergie

Banned
That Fellaini chance-creation stat :O

What role is he playing for you? Pure enforcer? That is not a good stat for anyone except for centrebacks and goalkeepers
Has had shaky start, should have been bought in July.

Semi-enforcer. Moyes doesn't know what do do with him.

L1NETT

Guys I actually meant Eddie Nolan, the Scunthorpe defender. Wasn't it obvious?

But yeah Chris. Inception was great (as was TDKR- bring it) but it seems there are loads of people who really really didn't enjoy them.

Maybe it's just me.

Edit: What the fudge is this.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
@Squawka: Man Utd have created 113 (10.2 per game) chances with RVP this season in the Premier League and 26 (6.5 per game) without him @LionelEvans_

That's quite a shocking decrease. A centre-forward being injured, no matter how good, really shouldn't mean a 40% decrease in creativity.

That's quite a shocking decrease. A centre-forward being injured, no matter how good, really shouldn't mean a 40% decrease in creativity.

Well when your strikers create all your chances and score all our goals because the midfield behind them is horribly incompetent then what do you expect? Our midfield is undoubtedly mid-table standard with the exception of Carrick.

Well when your strikers create all your chances and score all our goals because the midfield behind them is horribly incompetent then what do you expect? Our midfield is undoubtedly mid-table standard with the exception of Carrick.

I wonder if Rooney would work as an attacking centre midfielder ala Cabaye. The Newcastle match was a perfect example of your uncreative midfield, and over-reliance on an unproductive pair of wingers. You need someone to provide some attacking quality 40 yards from goal. As it is, its like you're throwing shit at the strikers and hoping some of it reaches them, and a fraction of it sticks

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Based on the latest interviews, it seems like we're actually going to take Europa League seriously this time.

INFERIOR-EUROPE BEWARE

LegoArmo

Can't beat a bit of darts.

Taylor for you this year?

As for that Strootman stat, oh dear.

I fancy Lewis, but then again, I did last year. Always hoping for a bit of a surprise though.

Must be some Dutchies in this thread who idolise Michael van Gerwen, national hero ain't he?

noal

Banned
I fancy Lewis, but then again, I did last year. Always hoping for a bit of a surprise though.

Must be some Dutchies in this thread who idolise Michael van Gerwen, national hero ain't he?

Van Gerwen has kind of leveled off in the last couple of months and Lewis is finally coming into a bit of form but probably Taylor for me.

I can't really look outside these three for serious contenders.

LegoArmo

Man, imagine if van Gerwen had actually hit that final double field last year.

I almost ejaculated.

Darts?

Fucking darts?

Fuck off.

No, you.

Van Gerwen has kind of leveled off in the last couple of months and Lewis is finally coming into a bit of form but probably Taylor for me.

I can't really look outside these three for serious contenders.

You're probably right. I like Thornton too though, hoping for a Gary Anderson revival but it's been years since he's looked a real threat.

LTWheels

Sounds like Henderson might be fit for Spurs.

Rodger's has said that he missed a couple of days training as a precaution, but has trained since then.

Interstellar is going to be so fucking good. I can feel it.

Hope John Lithgow and Matt Damon aren't in it too much

When actors as old as Michael Caine are hired, do they have fallback scripts in case they're taken ill, or worse? I imagine they must do.

RVP out for a month? Has he played for a month without getting some type of injury this season?

New striker in Jan please Dave.

Ed-Oh wow 81st in goals scored this season, best make it two Dave.

RVP out for a month? Has he played for a month without getting some type of injury this season?

New striker in Jan please Dave.

You think this is a change, a regression, an unforeseen problem.

It is merely a return to form.

Looking at a couple of TLoU gifs. ND are gonna melt my eyeballs when they reveal whatever they're working on aside from Uncharted 4 (which will also look fantastic)

If its a space game, I genuinely think it will be the best looking game of all time, with their technical know-how merged with their art direction and attention to environmental detail.

Top Bottom