• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Messi

You think this is a change, a regression, an unforeseen problem.

It is merely a return to form.

Looking at a couple of TLoU gifs. ND are gonna melt my eyeballs when they reveal whatever they're working on aside from Uncharted 4 (which will also look fantastic)

If its a space game, I genuinely think it will be the best looking game of all time, with their technical know-how merged with their art direction and attention to environmental detail.

I just want anything they make. I really hope Nathan Drake is the lead in the new uncharted. He is that series for me.

Also looking forward to more last of us. Including the DLC.

I just want anything they make. I really hope Nathan Drake is the lead in the new uncharted. He is that series for me.

Also looking forward to more last of us. Including the DLC.

Dream scenario

Uncharted 4

Francis Drake chapter with focus on hand to hand and stealth combat ala TLoU and exploration. Cutsecenes show him leaving cryptic clues in the locations he visits. Seamlessy, we see the environment change as the centuries pass and control switches to Nathan Drake, in the same location, but taking a different path towards areas of significance for Francis, as the beaten path is blocked by environmental growth between Francis' time and present day. More focus on gun combat and platforming as he follows Francis' path. Cutscenes show him finding clues left by Francis.

Game follows that format throughout. If there's one developer that could make it work, it'd be ND.

After that, they hand Uncharted over to someone else and take over TLoU2, leaving the TLoU studio to carry on with the new IP that they're hopefully making now

Yen

Arsenal have announced they will be raising their ticket prices.

By 3 percent.

Inline with inflation.

Lol.

4437e6a6254313c2f4cc06.jpg

Salvadora

By 3 percent.

Inline with inflation.

Lol.
Shameful, really.

You would think in the "Arsenalisation" process they would recognise the inability for much of the fanbase to afford to go to the Emirates, and lower the prices some.

Linius

Anyone wants to come to Amsterdam january 19 to see Ajax - PSV with Quiche, Bacon and me? Ticket will cost around 40 euros. Gonna buy them tomorrow so it's for the quick deciders :p

Anyone wants to come to Amsterdam january 19 to see Ajax - PSV with Quiche, Bacon and me? Ticket will cost around 40 euros. Gonna buy them tomorrow so it's for the quick deciders :p

That's the Sunday right?

My holiday starts on that day, and I have the Saturday off as well

Hmm.

Barzul

How the hell are we still raising ticket prices with all the new sources of revenue that are available to us? It's disgusting. I don't buy tickets and I'm still pissed imagine how the folks who do feel. Probably trying to recoup the Ozil money. Anyways glad to hear Poldi and Sagna are fit. I'd put Poldi on the bench ahead of Bendtner, match fitness be damned. And nice thread title.

jesalr

Last 5 times? Last year Liverpool were all over Tottenham after the first 20 minutes and just couldn't get the goals to match Bales. I seem to remember Hodgson side coming very close to winning as well only for a last minute goal to gift it to Tottenham, and lets not even go over Arry's first match in charge which was one of the most one sided games I've ever seen that has gone the other way.

Yeah, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFZGYI2M3GQ

Also, 5 home wins on the bounce is nothing to be snarled at. Liverpool are a good team, it's not like we were going to decimate them in all of those games, but we still won them all. Hodgson's side conceded an equaliser in the 65th minute, that's not close to winning.

I'm positive about my team but I'm not talking garbage. As shit as we've been for most of the season we are 3 points behind Liverpool who have apparently had an amazing start. We have good players and a lot of them haven't even got out of first gear, like Rose, Eriksen, Soldado, Lamela, etc whereas teams like Arsenal and Liverpool are pretty much getting the maximum out of their key players.

Like last season after we lost Modric and VDV it has been an awkward transition post-Bale with some poor results but we are showing some grit now and creating more chances. I am confident we will go on a good run as we always do, people scoffed at us for the last 5 years when it comes to the top 4 but we have been there or thereabouts until the end and it will be the same again this year.

Exactly, for as trash as we've played for this season, we're still up there. It means that if we do click, we have a platform to go from, instead of CL qualification being a lost cause by that time. We're 3 points behind a Liverpool team who've only played 2 of last seasons top 4, we've played them all.

Plasma

Banned

By 3 percent.

Inline with inflation.

Lol.

What a load of horse shit, we already pay over the odds for tickets and we have a record sponsorship deal with Puma coming in next season, this is just greed plain and simple.

Really annoying that the fans keep getting bent over backwards and the owners don't put a penny of their own money in the club.

All I can say is they better use the extra bloody money and sign a top class striker.

Walshy

Correct, he's FSG's style of transfer, good enough to go straight into the first team and got plenty of potential to improve in the future.
I do like the players we are linked too and I like what I see in Salah from the very limited exposure I've had of him. I still have a belief that Aspas will eventually come good, he's hardly played in his natural position yet although the rumours that he's trying to engineer a move to Valencia in January doesn't exactly bode well.

Salah coming in will surely mean the end of Moses or Sterling to go on loan I guess. Salah, Matic and a left back would be a perfect January. I'd cut Cissokho's loan, I don't think he's going to hack it at Liverpool. Would be good to get a reliable back up for Sturridge because he's made of glass, maybe that Greek guy from Olympiakos.

Dawson and Chiriches will both be available on Sunday, and even if they weren't, Capoue is a perfectly adequate backup.

Christ, you'd think Liverpool were battering everybody the way people are talking about them, they lost to Hull just two weeks ago and have defended abysmally in the last two away games I watched. Sturridge and Gerrard are injured and they have a wrong-footed hobgoblin playing left-back. Of course you have the best player in the league but if you can't get the ball to him then it doesn't matter. As long as Sandro and Dembele do their jobs then there will be no problems, just like the last 5 times we've played this fixture.
Chirches is having controversial treatment to even go into the game, he's having a blood transfusion right? Capoue isn't a natural centre half but he seems to do a decent job, just like Flannagan does for us on the left hand side. He's probably performed a lot better than the likes of Cissokho and Enrique. He's hardly put a foot wrong.

We'll probably be set up to counter. Apparently we are playing Sterling so we'll probably use his pace to stretch your back four. Sakho is starting too apparently.

Either way it will be a good game, you struggle to score goals and we struggle to keep a clean sheet.

wedward

What a load of horse shit, we already pay over the odds for tickets and we have a record sponsorship deal with Puma coming in next season, this is just greed plain and simple.

Really annoying that the fans keep getting bent over backwards and the owners don't put a penny of their own money in the club.

All I can say is they better use the extra bloody money and sign a top class striker.

I think they plan on spending big this summer. They saw with Ozil what a lift it gives to everyone. All the whining about the board and ticket prices stopped once Ozil was announced.

Feorax

Here's a tough one for my fellow Liverpool fans.

If the opportunity for an Agger - Mascherano swap came up in Jan, would you take it?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Here's a tough one for my fellow Liverpool fans.

If the opportunity for an Agger - Mascherano swap came up in Jan, would you take it?

Yes. Both of them are 29 and Mascherano can effectively play in two positions!

-

More reports in the Spanish Press this evening have suggested that Juventus will move for Iker Muniain in January.

LOL

pls, not Bilbao again..

Top Bottom