• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

The only one talking complete utter nonsense is you. Pogba's own words. Ill highlight parts of it so it is easier for you to read:

He did not see his potential and talent as he was not willing to give him the contract a player of his caliber deserves. We done?
Mate none of that suggests he wasn't rated by Ferguson. Because he didn't play me, he didn't rate me? Load of guff. He was also offered a contract which he turned down which was reported in 2012.

It was never a case of not rating Pogba as his potential was obvious.

Mate none of that suggests he wasn't rated by Ferguson. He was also offered a contract which he turned down which was reported in 2012.

Sure Cleff, he was rated, just not as much as Anderson...

Zabojnik

For the new page.

pogba_goal_samp12o22.gif

Kikarian

The only one talking complete utter nonsense is you. Pogba's own words. Ill highlight parts of it so it is easier for you to read:

He did not see his potential and talent as he was not willing to give him the contract a player of his caliber deserves. We done?
Ferguson rated Pogba highly, he just didn't give him enough playing time. Thus why Pogba turned down a contract and went to Juve.

Into

Mate none of that suggests he wasn't rated by Ferguson. Because he didn't play me, he didn't rate me? Load of guff. He was also offered a contract which he turned down which was reported in 2012.

Sure he was rated, but obviously not rated enough as he did not play him much or give him a better contract.
Ferguson clearly made a massive blunder, Juventus sold Henry and he became one of the best attackers in the world. Shit happens. All clubs have mucked up at some point.

Clegg

Sure Cleff, he was rated, just not as much as Anderson...
Ando was a player that definitely wasn't rated

Rafael and Park were chosen ahead of Pogba for the Blackburn game which added to his grievances. That was a sign of conservativeness which was strange for a manager like Ferguson. But to suggest He wasn't rated is nonsense. He was offered good money to stay afaik. Similar terms to what Juve offered him initially and maybe even more. But he left because he felt slighted at United.

Kid A explains it better.

Fergie did rate him, he just didn't think Pogba was ready at 18 years old. He did offer Pogba a contract, but Pogba wanted a little more money and wanted guaranteed game time. Fergie didn't want to give in to those demands as that's how Fergie is. Fergie is all about power and even though he assured Pogba that he would get a lot more playing time the next season, he didn't want Pogba's "guaranteed gametime" to force his hand. Fergie clearly tried convincing Pogba to stay, but it didn't work, because he didn't play him enough as an 18 year old, and because he didn't want to agree to the terms Pogba wanted.

Fergie made a mistake by not playing him a little more. He also should have given Pogba what he wanted.

It's not that he didn't rate his potential though. He just had these certain beliefs that were clearly outdated. The fact is you have to pay agents and special young players now a days. Moyes did it with Adnan, and Fergie should have done it with Pogba.

I looked back on fourfourtwo and Rafael did surprisingly well as a midfielder. Park however was shit and only passed sideways. Worse than Cleverley.

Slizz

I looked back on fourfourtwo and Rafael did surprisingly well as a midfielder. Park however was shit and only passed sideways. Worse than Cleverley.

Parks game, especially near the end of his United stint was that motor. He probably did a shit ton tracking back and making tackles.

Clegg

Park was finished as a United player by then. I remember being surprised by that tbh. His decline was very swift.

Think we fucked up a corner which gave Blackburn their win too.

Park was finished as a United player by then. I remember being surprised by that tbh. His decline was very swift.

Think we fucked up a corner which gave Blackburn their win too.

Yep. Park was great in 2011, but shit in 2012. It didn't help that he just had much less consistent game time too.

Into

Fergie did rate him, he just didn't think Pogba was ready at 18 years old. He did offer Pogba a contract, but Pogba wanted a little more money and wanted guaranteed game time. Fergie didn't want to give in to those demands as that's how Fergie is. Fergie is all about power and even though he assured Pogba that he would get a lot more playing time the next season, he didn't want Pogba's "guaranteed gametime" to force Fergie's hand. Fergie clearly tried convincing Pogba to stay, but it didn't work, because he didn't play him enough as an 18 year old, and because he didn't want to agree to the terms Pogba wanted.

Fergie made a mistake by not playing him a little more. He also should have given Pogba what he wanted.

It's not that he didn't rate his potential though. He just had these certain beliefs that were clearly outdated. The fact is you have to pay agents and special young players now a days. Moyes did it with Adnan, and Fergie should have done it with Pogba.

Sure, these things are always a tad more complex and nuanced than just who wants who and such. But this is Man United team with a very weak midfield. I could understand if Pogba was competing with a prime Scholes, Giggs, Keane and all the other greats. But the fact that Pogba was set aside for far lesser players is mind boggling.

Clegg, Into, you're both right. Now spit and shake on it.

You are right. Lets do this thang' Clegg

monta-ellis-handshake.gif%3Fw%3D640

more like this
handshake.gif

Sure, these things are always a tad more complex and nuanced than just who wants who and such. But this is Man United team with a very weak midfield. I could understand if Pogba was competing with a prime Scholes, Giggs, Keane and all the other greats. But the fact that Pogba was set aside for far lesser players is mind boggling.

You are right. Lets do this thang' Clegg

monta-ellis-handshake.gif%3Fw%3D640

Trust me, if confuses and galls United fans just as much if not more.

Clegg

*fistbumps* Into

United Bros I remember being elated when Scholes made his comeback against City. But in hindsight it cost us a potential world class midfielder that we're crying out for.

Lightning

Banned
Today was a right shit result for Liverpool. Their next 3 games important, if they screw up it could be curtains for their top 4 chances

They face Everton, West Brom and Arsenal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Manolo Gabbiadini was SO FUCKING GOOD!

what are we going to do now guys?

we have too many good youngsters

halp

WJD

Not even scared about tomorrow. Acceptance is my new thing.

Team and formation picks itself, right?

Feorax

Today was a right shit result for Liverpool. Their next 3 games important, if they screw up it could be curtains for their top 4 chances

They face Everton, West Brom and Arsenal.

Itll take more than one loss to do our chances. We're through our worst groups fixtures, lots of teams around us still have them to come.

Result was crap today, but 4pts from Villa at home and Stoke away is more than I expected this time last week.

Clegg

Nooruddean ‏@BeardedGenius 1m

Tomorrow's papers are full of Moyes saying the queue of big name players wanting to join United is incredible. So there's 3 possibilities:

Nooruddean ‏@BeardedGenius 3m

1) There's no money to buy the queue of big name players
2) There is money & there is a queue but United are incompetent
3) There's no queue
Does anybody have that sponge falling into oblivion gif?

Carbonox

Rémy Cabella looks quality.

pls Moyes.

His dad's already said he's off to Newcastle this month.

his dad's also his agent so he's probably just trying to generate interest

Moyes ain't got the smarts to go for a talented player when there's a Vermaelen to be had.

Not even scared about tomorrow. Acceptance is my new thing.

Team and formation picks itself, right?

--------------------------De GOD-------------------------

Raph----------Smalling----Vidic------------Butters

Valencia----------Fletch----Carrick----------Adnan

-----Shinji "The Peoples' Person" Kagawa-------

--------------------------Dat Guy--------------------------

Hixx

--------------------------De GOD-------------------------

Raph----------Smalling----Vidic------------Butters

Valencia----------Fletch----Carrick----------Adnan

-----Shinji "The Peoples' Person" Kagawa-------

--------------------------Dat Guy--------------------------