• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

theo-walcott_2781858b.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bentaleb looked lost again, he doesn't work without someone who can tackle, and means we essentially cede the middle of the park.

Lennon was as bad as I've seen him in a long time, and Soldado was somehow even worse.

I thought Bentaleb and Ade were the only good players, only those two moved the ball quickly. Everyone else played like slugs, from the performance and post-match comments you'd think Moyes was the manager.

I've always defended Lennon but I have no idea what the fuck he was doing today. Our lack of quality on the wings is a serious issue and we need Townsend and Lamela back ASAP.

Yes or no time:

Are United going to finish in the top 4?
Not if Moyes can help it.

He is about to transform us into a mid table team.

I guess thats apparently an easier process than selling half the team to mid/low table squads where they actually belong. Its a win win.

Barzul

I'm having a sneaking suspicion that Bayern will try and sign Koscielny in the summer. He has a long term contract right though?

Edit: Yeah he does till 2017.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
@Man Utd fans,hypothetical

Would you replace Moyes with Ferguson right now?

Theres no question in that, of course we would

Can we get 4th? So long as we continue to play Young, Wellbeck, Cleverely and Evra no.

TeddyBoy

Love the new thread title.

Todays premier league results were great, helps take the pressure off tomorrow a bit, but should still go for a win. Opening up a four point gap to Everton would be great.
As well as a nine point gap to United.

Can't believe Leeds and McDermott, terrible way to treat a manager.

Also where's Bumhead? Wednesday won with a goal in the 97th minute.

Jarnet87

I really wish Moyes would change things up. Even if we lose at least we tried to play a different way, and I'm sure there would be a lot more positive signs.

I'd swap Moyes for Big Sam if he said he was going to change the tactics at the club.

faridmon

Great title pulga and that Neymar picture is amazing :lol

In their current form? Chances are good. Madrid is starting to find some form of stability however our defense is still not up to par with the rest of the quality in the team and we still struggle to score against more decent sides (look at our recent games against Espanyol). Don't also forget that our league loss at home to Atletico this season + the CDR final we lost last season is a huge boost for them. Those guys aren't thinking like "Oh shit it's Madrid we have to be careful" this time but "We're going to play them and we will win" instead. They were doing rather fine last season but they are just a different beast this time. If I were Atletico I'd dump CDR and just focus on:

1. Winning the league
2. Getting as far as possible in CL.

The first one is a whole thing on it's own but getting far in CL and qualifying for CL again next season is an attractive aspect of a club for ambitious players.

Cheers for the break down.

Also, don't forget there might be a chance of injuries which might destroy their mojo.

Really exciting see them making the League a bit more competitive.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
One year Europa League is not that bad.

It is if your striker leaves and you are unable to get anyone of quality in, no player wants to play Europa league football, its a huge ask to gamble a year of their career in the hopes we can make it next year.

And yes I could see RvP leaving if we dont get champions league football, he is a great player but he wants trophies and he is not in love with United, we are just his current club.

Scum

I think Jupp had the right idea. Get van Gaal in to clear out the dead weight and lay the foundations for another manager.

Arnie

Heck I'd take Martinez at least he is improving in his new job while Moyes is dragging Man utd down to his comfort zone.

Compare the two inherited squads and the relative expectations at both clubs and it's not hard to see why this pair of managers are moving in opposite trajectories.

And now to my next guest, Lambda Precum. Welcome. How does it feel to fall over at the finishing line 3 times in one season?

at least we had a finish line to fall into.

how does it feel to finish 7th in the league, lose to Zenit and support a team with a cannibalistic donkey teeth cunt?

faridmon

Not sure, heard before the Liverpool game that he needed an painkilling injection to be able to start, then Martinez said he was completely fit in his pregame interview I think.

If he's not fit, he definitely shouldn't have played today.
I really don't have clue what is going on at the club atm.

To be frank, I really don't want to know. We just can't win properly.

Scum

One year Europa League is not that bad.
Utd will be better off with no European footie and have a season like Liverpool have at the moment.

One year quickly becomes two or three.

Trust me on this.
:-(

I really wish Moyes would change things up. Even if we lose at least we tried to play a different way, and I'm sure there would be a lot more positive signs.

I'd swap Moyes for Big Sam if he said he was going to change the tactics at the club.

This is probably the worse thing about it all.

Meier

Saw this retort r.e. their net spending and laughed. Pretty clever.

Arsenaldiscovering101
At Arsenal champions are not bought, they are made.

SchemeZealously
At Arsenal championships are not won

Jarnet87

It is if your striker leaves and you are unable to get anyone of quality in, no player wants to play Europa league football, its a huge ask to gamble a year of their career in the hopes we can make it next year.

And yes I could see RvP leaving if we dont get champions league football, he is a great player but he wants trophies and he is not in love with United, we are just his current club.

Let him leave, Rooney should be playing striker. Were obviously not going to sell or let him walk so we might as well feature him in his best position. 2009-2010 was really the last time we looked like a free flowing team, maybe the year before. Of course Moyes being a coward and trying to do everything the Fergie way would just spend on another big name striker and keeps things extra complicated.

Ashes

Banned
Would you not consider it too soon after all the rhetoric about giving him a couple of seasons to settle in, and an admission of failure? Wouldn't it just be too bizarre?

Er then you should had said one of the candidates. Maybe Martinez perhaps.
Who wouldn't take Fergie? It's not like we were asking for his retirement lol.

Scum

Let him leave, Rooney should be playing striker. Were obviously not going to sell or let him walk so we might as well feature him in his best position. 2009-2010 was really the last time we looked like a free flowing team, maybe the year before. Of course Moyes being a coward and trying to do everything the Fergie way would just spend on another big name striker and keeps things extra complicated.

Moyes should have hijacked Chelsea's signings. Let Mou keep Mata and use the money on Matic, Zouma and Salah instead.

pulga

Banned
That 109 million includes Neymar's wages. the total cost of the Bale deal must be around 140 million.

subtracting that sum, it still totals around £75m, a far cry from the original figure

plus, if reports are true, Barca might even need to pony up more dough to the tax authorities for cooking the books!

faridmon

Er then you should had said one of the candidates. Maybe Martinez perhaps.
Who wouldn't take Fergie? It's not like we were asking for his retirement lol.

pls stay away from Martinez.

I shudder when I remember the days of Walter Smith and Howard Kendell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom