• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

How did you guys lose Sturridge? He could have been even better in this City team.

He wanted more assurances of first team football and there was no way we could give it. Hughes was just coming in and spent a fuckton on Santa Cruz and then shortly after that Adebayor and Tevez were purchased. Mancini made some comments down the line that he was utterly shocked we let him go and that he would have done everything possible to re-sign him.

Blablurn

"Playing with scrubs." Go back to bed, Bla. You're drunk.

c1H0Z8N_zpsf797cf0a.gif

GQman2121

Banned
How did you guys lose Sturridge? He could have been even better in this City team.

Because he was 95% made of the player you saw Rogers pull off for being selfish. He's really grown as a player since we sold him off, but old habits die hard.

faridmon

NEW LILLIES AND REMAINS EP IN 2 WEEKS

topimg_ad.jpg

FIFO-0027.jpg

HOLYSHIT I CAN'T WAIT!

King_Moc

Banned
Oh, i see. Moyes would be so shit as a pokemon trainer that his mewtwo would lose to magikarp? If that even is moyes? The problem here is that utd are in no way, shape or form the Premier Leagues Mewtwo right now... They are Dunsparce.

GQman2121

Banned
When did Pokemon begin? Because I feel like it just past me by or I was too old at the time to even consider it a viable option for enjoyment. It was a game first and then a cartoon, right?

When did Pokemon begin? Because I feel like it just past me by or I was too old at the time to even consider it a viable option for enjoyment. It was a game first and then a cartoon, right?

Back in 98. I rhink the anime was around 99

Edit: oh shit i disnt know it was 96 and the anime was 97. I think 98 was when it hit the uk

Trading cards and cartoon > videogames

Not sure what order they came in. Must have spent a lot of money on Pokemon and wrestling figures. What a waste :p

Our season is over.

So boring. Nothing to get excited about until the summer now.

Last time this happened was in 03 I think. Shite.

Trading cards and cartoon > videogames

Not sure what order they came in. Must have spent a lot of money on Pokemon and wrestling figures. What a waste :p

Haha i remember dropping tons on wcw figures around 98. I would alao spend around 20 quid a day on pokemon cards. All my pocket money sacings were wiped out

pulga

Banned
Holy fuck this is amazing

Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso are on the training ground, arguing wheter if Nike or Adidas make better boots

Ronaldo: How can you even compare Adidas with Nike?
Xabi: Nike is for basketball players lololol
Ronaldo: *perplexed look* Nike? Basketball? Nike boots are for top players!
Xabi Alonso: more like plastic players, top but plastic trollololololol
Ronaldo: *confusingly looks at his boots*
Xabi: *gets very serious* Ronnie pls, Nike has been in this game for three days. Adidas has been at it since the 70's
Ronaldo: *turns to Arbeloa* what the fuck is he going on about m8 *starts gesticulating like a mad man*

Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso are on the training ground, arguing wheter if Nike or Adidas make better boots

Xabi: *gets very serious* Ronnie pls, Nike has been in this game for three days. Adidas has been at it since the 70's
Ronaldo: *turns to Arbeloa* what the fuck is he going on about m8 *starts gesticulating like a mad man*

Can we have Alonso back now? You've had your fun :(

kharma45

Our season is over.

So boring. Nothing to get excited about until the summer now.

Last time this happened was in 03 I think. Shite.

We won the league in 2003. 2004 is what you're thinking on, we came 3rd and lost to Porto in the CL. We still at least could get excited about Ronaldo too and we did win the FA Cup.

This is much worse than then.

BAYERN-GAF. What do you think Götze needs to do to reach Ronaldo/Messi level? He can dribble and he can score goals.

I guess the problem is Ronaldo and Messi are playing with scrubs which makes it easier to stand out. But I think Götze has the potential to be one of the greatest.

Needs to leave BVB if you ask me.

Blablurn

sounds like a football thread discussion

:lol

Ronnie looks so offended

Totti wears Nike. Thus Nike are the best.

The classic Nike Cage video with Totti and Henry on the same team was so good

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Just wanted to drop a RIP to Luis Aragones. A great man in the history of Spanish football, all fans in and of Spain owe him a lot for what he did.

Wilbur

Banned
Zaha's assist came through the middle today. No wonder Moyes wasn't playing him.

Smalling (I think? Might have been Jones) burst through the middle today with loads of space, beckoned with his hands, no one came, and he turned around. Even Mata wasn't coming into space or finding much, save one or two lovely passes.

We suck. So bad.

GQman2121

Banned
Back in 98. I rhink the anime was around 99

Edit: oh shit i disnt know it was 96 and the anime was 97. I think 98 was when it hit the uk

Okay, so that's why. I was starting high school at that point and was more interested in trying to finger fuck girls than understand anime. I never got into any of those card games that started in the 90's though. Not sure why because I knew people that were into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom