• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully not!

Yeah it was decent. Gave me some extremely good advice and has kind of pointed me in a direction finally. Very interesting man.

I thought you were going to post that picture of your sister.
TGNz0rC.png

Salvadora

Really shocking level for defenders these days, its why games have so many high scores. Even Silva when you are comparing against the best from 10-20 years ago, he ain't all that, kind of wonder about some of the forwards achievements considering this.
I wonder if it's a more attacking change in the play style of the top sides, or a genuine dearth of talent.

It's not only that games have shocking defending, but that even the so called "best" teams suffer from it on a weekly basis.

noal

Banned
Managed to stay on as manager at Reading after a second takeover. Suck it, AVB!

Wow, well done Meier. I have just won the league cup with United, top of premiership by 19 points and still in CL and FA cup but I might upgrade to FM14 soon.

By the way, I sent you a friend request on Wii U if you feel the need to have a United scat bag on your list. ;)

Draconian

loooool Suarez walks on the pitch late, referee blows the whistle to start play and he immediately grabs the shirt of the nearest Southampton player.

Thiago Silva is the best by some distance, but Terry, Kompany and and Juve bros Chiellini/Barzagli are probably the chasing pack.

I wonder how Thiago would do in a league with a lot of great teams. He looks untouchable right now due to playing shit teams. A bit unfair for other cbs who have to go up against much better talent/teams on a more regular basis.

Marc

Man, Saints are absolutely bossing this Liverpool midfield.

Chambers has been very impressive.

I wonder if it's a more attacking change in the play style of the top sides, or a genuine dearth of talent.

It's not only that games have shocking defending, but that even the so called "best" teams suffer from it on a weekly basis.

I have thought about that, also about the lack of fouling that is allowed now. You can't put an early marker down these days to 'scare' attackers or give players a bit of a dead leg. And yet skill level wise the passing ability, technique and such has gone down as well. But when you think about it, teams used to play with 2 strikers, so an extra midfielder should make things easier to defend, along with only having to mark one 'striker'.

I just think the general level is poor to be honest.

Meier

Wow, well done Meier. I have just won the league cup with United, top of premiership by 19 points and still in CL and FA cup but I might upgrade to FM14 soon.

By the way, I sent you a friend request on Wii U if you feel the need to have a United scat bag on your list. ;)

Will do! I'll be honest, haven't turned on my Wii U in quite awhile. Will give Donkey Kong a shot soon though!

Was awsome at Milan tbf.

Unfair. He only played one year against Conte's title winning Juve. Even then, the Serie A wasn't as strong as it used to be.

I'm not passing judgement and saying he sucks. I believe he's the best cb right now, I'm only highlighting the advantage he has over other cbs right now and that there's a possibility that he could get brought down to earth playing against better teams.

dc89

In the last few weeks Pardew has called a fellow manager a "Fucking old cunt" and he's now laid the butt on a player.

The most classless manager in football.

Let's hope he gets the book thrown at him this time. He should have been nailed for calling Pellegrini but the soft FA let him off.

doicare

Why do you watch a sport where luck comes into play? It is unavoidable.
There is always going to be some luck involved in football but this season the level of luck involved has been waaaaay more than usual. It's like watching a game of Mario Kart.

Splatt

In the last few weeks Pardew has called a fellow manager a "Fucking old cunt" and he's now laid the butt on a player.

Let's hope he gets the book thrown at him this time. He should have been nailed for calling Pellegrini but the soft FA let him off.

lol dc don't be so bitter

Wilbur

Banned

I don't think they can fine you for spouting facts

noal

Banned
Will do! I'll be honest, haven't turned on my Wii U in quite awhile. Will give Donkey Kong a shot soon though!

Cheers mate. I'm also trying to get all the Wii U bros to give Lego City a try. A good laugh will be had by all.

Pulga, dc, scum pls.

Who did I miss?

FF as well.

Maybe cause he was speaking the truth.

Edit : goddammit wilbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom