• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiroshawn

Banned
lost another bet. Montepellier drew. Sigh.

my picks for tomorrow

Selections Odds
1. Villarreal 10/21
Celta De Vigo at Villarreal
2. As Roma 1/4
Sampdoria at As Roma
3. Cagliari 3/5
Livorno at Cagliari
4. Lazio 53/50
Lazio at Catania
5. Udinese 37/25
Udinese at Genoa
6. Napoli 10/21
Napoli at Sassuolo
7. Athletic Bilbao 20/49
Espanyol at Athletic Bilbao
8. Valencia 5/2
Valencia at Sevilla
9. Fc Augsburg 20/33
FC Nuremberg at Fc Augsburg
10. VfL Wolfsburg 39/20
VfL Wolfsburg at Hertha Bsc
11. Arsenal 81/50
Liverpool at Arsenal
12. Everton 10/21
Swansea City at Everton
Parlay Bets
12-Team Parlays 1@ $5.00
Potential Win: $10,041.78
Total Bet: $5.00
Total Potential Win: $10,041.78

L1NETT

:lol

Like we'll get the ball in the box at the World Cup

Sturridge must start as a bona fide striker, even if that means Rooney in a withdrawn role

Your right, it's true. I'd start Sturridge up top with Rooney in a fluid no 9 role, but it's fucking hodgson. Expect 1 up top and 10 behind the ball.

Maybe against Costa Rica he'll start 2. Post Wanchope, we can at least get in their box?

Lambert going to Brazil would be comical. World Cup striker my arse.

Have you seen our options up front? Like, really.

It's him or Kevin Philips on a wheelchair.

Messi

Winning goal in the super cup vs Atletico.

Goal + Assist in Clasico.

Off field drama and injuries.

Comes back with a YOLO attitude to kill the doubters.

And for only 57 million. :D

And only 22.

The destruction of Celtic

I guess Yurt needs something to talk about now that Juventas are out of the big cup.

CrunchyB

So, it looks like Bert van Marwijk is being let go.

FEq0oSs.jpg

http://www.mopo.de/hsv/nach-braunsc...rainer-bert-van-marwijk,5067038,26209310.html

That was career suicide, stepping into that shitty team. Possible replacements are Mirko Slomka and Martin Jol (!) Why not get Rene Meulensteen?

HSV is doomed anyhow.

FootballFan

The destruction of Celtic.

I mentioned those because they were really important to Barca, which is what matters in the end.

The Atletico goal won us a cup against a great team. The Madrid assist + goal has given us the first spot that we have right now.

<3 Great to have him back.

Good God. That's an average close to Gerd Müller's.

That is just La Liga btw. Not CL, Copa etc.

Messi

I mentioned those because they were really important to Barca, which is what matters in the end.

The Atletico goal won us a cup against a great team. The Madrid assist + goal has given us the first spot that we have right now.

<3 Great to have him back.

Oh I agree, I dont think anyone can shit on Neymars season thus far. He has been great and adapted to the style barca play much quicker than I thought he would. Has delivered when it mattered aswell. He was required to step up vs Celtic as Messi was out. I would say that was an important moment for him.

FootballFan

Even more impressive, unlike Gerd he has a ton of assists. Greatest of all time, without any doubt.

Ronaldo in top form is great, but Messi in top form makes you piss yourself.

If Wiki is right, then in all comps for Messi:

488 games.
372 goals

I am assuming he has 100ish assists too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I like how Barca fans desperately try to justify Neymar's price every single week. Aren't you all bored already? Because I know we are.

You overpaid, and tried to hide it. End of.

edit: I like how I double posted.
A1YXKcN.gif
A1YXKcN.gif
A1YXKcN.gif
A1YXKcN.gif
A1YXKcN.gif
A1YXKcN.gif

FootballFan

I like how haters desperately try to increase Neymar's price every single week. Aren't you all bored already? Because I know we are.

His contract is out in the open, paid 57m. End of.

Marc

dc, City will mug off these barca flappers. BELIEVE!

Your right, it's true. I'd start Sturridge up top with Rooney in a fluid no 9 role, but it's fucking hodgson. Expect 1 up top and 10 behind the ball.

Maybe against Costa Rica he'll start 2. Post Wanchope, we can at least get in their box?

Have you seen our options up front? Like, really.

It's him or Kevin Philips on a wheelchair.

Does Rooney even deserve to start if we ignore his name? I know he will definitely play but for me he shouldn't start and use an extra midfielder instead. Then again, I wouldn't play Gerrard either.

4-3-3:

Johnson/Ox - Studge - Sterling

Barkley - Ward-Prowse - Wilshere/Lallana

Fluid positions, swapping of flanks and such.... lots of pressure on the ball.

Or a 4-2-3-1 with similar players, hopefully start a lot of youth, don't expect it since its Hodgson and the FA need to make their money off Gerrard shirts or whoever.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I like how haters desperately try to increase Neymar's price every single week. Aren't you all bored already? Because I know we are.

Grow the fuck up you dinosaur
KuGsj.gif

out in the open, yet your CEO resigned. Connect the dots.

57m or 100, still not worth it.

Clegg

No mention of the £60m paid to his dad and agents in commission and signing on fees?

Barca got fleeced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom