• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Who the fuck is Lopes, son?

Your doom.

63eNwUe.jpg

Hixx

I finally watched last week's episode of The Walking Dead and it was okay. The preview at the end showed characters I have no interest in were the focus this week so I just read the synopsis of it in Wikipedia and it turns out it's a really good episode
KuGsj.gif

Fucks sake.

Feorax

What's he saying?

@Zizouology: Dnipro President: "Konoplyanka? Liverpool was just some representatives talking on the phone. Talks with Spurs is entirely on another level"

So what was Ayre doing out there? Was he just sat with his fingers in his ears going "lalalalalalalalalalala"?

Also doesn't explain Konoplyanka's agent's meltdown against the president over the deal failing.

Still, if Kono prefers to go to Spurs over us, then fair enough. I'd like to think that if
Kono isn't coming, we'll be shopping for a higher calibre of player in the summer given our current position.

Scum

So what was Ayre doing out there? Was he just sat with his fingers in his ears going "lalalalalalalalalalala"?

Also doesn't explain Konoplyanka's agent's meltdown against the president over the deal failing.

Still, if Kono prefers to go to Spurs over us, then fair enough. I'd like to think that if
Kono isn't coming, we'll be shopping for a higher calibre of player in the summer given our current position.

But I want a GK and a LB first, and foremost. :<

Blablurn

lil study break. anyone wanna challenge me 1vs1 on fifa 14 pc? maybe thats your possibility to tell blablurn to shut the fuck up. by beating the shit out of me... if you can.

Jack cw

lil study break. anyone wanna challenge me 1vs1 on fifa 14 pc? maybe thats your possibility to tell blablurn to shut the fuck up. by beating the shit out of me... if you can.

The only place to play FIFA 14 is PS4, bla.
Even Uli gets a PS4 funded by the state...

Mastadon

Banned
I'm not sure why Kono would choose Spurs over us. I'd imagine that we've pissed the owner off and he just doesn't want to sell to us. It's fine, we really need to focus elsewhere first and foremost. £60m doesn't stretch very far these days!

I'm not sure why Kono would choose Spurs over us. I'd imagine that we've pissed the owner off and he just doesn't want to sell to us. It's fine, we really need to focus elsewhere first and foremost. £60m doesn't stretch very far these days!

We're going to get Isco.

GorillaJu

Not bothered by the haters, I'm super fucking psyched for Ground Zeroes. Call it a glorified demo all you want, it's a KojiPro game which means its got a rare level of craft and completeness that so many modern games completely eschew in favor of set pieces.

Games can take time to complete in terms of running from point A, killing the enemies that spawn, watching the cutscene, then running to point B, killing the enemies that spawn, etc.

Or they can take your time because they're sprawling maps with places to explore, dozens of different ways to complete the objectives and encourage you to enjoy playing the game.

MGS games are the latter. They're eminently replayable because of how nuanced and well-designed the levels and game play systems are. I'd rather pay for that than pay for an experience where I play through the storyline and the game mechanics are only there to take me through the campaign.

Scum

Levy's probably daft enough to pay more than Brendon wants to. Besides, you'll end up with Isco soon enough.

tri_willy

kono would be smart not to join spurs (no offence guys :p)

but if it means we can land someone even better/someone who links up well with the strikers and midfield then why not???

Feorax

We basically need an option off the bench in attack and a box to box midfielder. The rest of the money needs to go on fullbacks and a right sided CB.

If the attacking option is Kono, then great. I've seen us linked heavily with Firminho too, who could also be a good choice, but regardless, we should be able to get at least one in of quality.

Mastadon

Banned
We basically need an option off the bench in attack and a box to box midfielder. The rest of the money needs to go on fullbacks and a right sided CB.

If the attacking option is Kono, then great. I've seen us linked heavily with Firminho too, who could also be a good choice, but regardless, we should be able to get at least one in of quality.

Shaqiri seems like a viable option too.

if true, my guess is Rio.

Or Giggs.

Feorax

Brendan linked with Barca.

Would hope he stayed in the PL. He's a very good manager.

I don't think he'd go yet. He's on to something great here, and Barca would probably bin him at the end of his first season if he didn't hit the ground running.

Too much of a needless risk.

Has anyone read the John le Carre spy novels?

I just bought The Spy who Came in from the Cold on a recommendation from Idle Thumbs. Looking forward to it.

Only read the 3 main ones (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Honourable Schoolboy, Smiley's People)

Found the first and second ones really difficult just to figure out what he was talking about a lot of the time, as it seemed like he was often using unexplained spy patoit for the sake of it, and they're generally confusingly written to me

Third one was much easier to follow, and I enjoyed it the most from the 3.

I genuinely felt a bit sorry for Moyes yesterday. Even though it's largely his own fault, being laughed at by so many must feel like absolute shit. I could take abuse from the away terraces, but I'd get depressed if I became the butt of everyone's jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom