• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Messi too sensitive, needs more Commando, less shitty Jennifer Aniston romcoms.

i'd pose with any animal i'd eat. that's the rule.

I have actively been buying more rom coms recently. They now far outweigh my other Blu-rays. Can't wait for Better living through Chemistry. That awkward moment and the new rom Com from Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. I still watch 50 first dates.

As for the shark thread. It just makes me angry.

Zabojnik

Guys, I still can't believe Milan has won 4 in a row.

And this is only the beginning.

seedorf-balotelli.gif

Tawpgun

I have a question.

To anyone watching the NBCSN coverage.

Why the fuck does Tim Howard sometimes commentate the matches. Its so weird.

Zabojnik

Serie A or bust. I'm not in fucking Italy all the time, they better win something.

Might be a bit too soon for the scudetto, but who knows. A few 'acquisti indovinati', Seedorf at the helm ... stranger things have happened. Should be a very competitive season next year. Roma and Napoli are gonna get stronger for sure and we obviously won't just step aside after three consequtive titles.

Btw, the self-proclaimed inventor of 3-5-2 and bottle enthusiast Walter Mazzarri has announced that Inter will be switching to a four-men defense next season.

Conte pls. Don't be a contrarian just for the sake of it. It's time we changed as well.

Might be a bit too soon for the scudetto, but who knows. A few 'acquisti indovinati', Seedorf at the helm ... stranger things have happened. Should be a very competitive season next year. Roma and Napoli are gonna get stronger for sure and we obviously won't just step aside after three consequtive titles.

Btw, the self-proclaimed inventor of 3-5-2 and bottle enthusiast Walter Mazzarri has announced that Inter will be switching to a four-men defense next season.

Conte pls. Don't be a contrarian just for the sake of it. It's time we changed as well.

Mazzarri paving the way again. Visionary.

Herr K

Banned

If we don't make it to EL, I doubt there will be important signings. But yes, things should get interesting enough next season.

You can afford having only 3 men defending, your midfield makes up for it.

Meier

I have a question.

Why not? He's grooming himself for his career after the game and he essentially gets a scouting trip out of it. Seems like kind of a win-win situation.

Tawpgun

It's just very strange to have someone who plays in the same league commentating a match. He literally played the day before lol.

And even more so, he was commentating a liverpool game, AND his team is fighting for a Champions League spot.

subtles

I have a question.

It's a welcome change over some of the more cringeworthy commentary I've experienced.

I'm glad they didn't bring in Owen.

GorillaJu

It's just very strange to have someone who plays in the same league commentating a match. He literally played the day before lol.

And even more so, he was commentating a liverpool game, AND his team is fighting for a Champions League spot.

So long as he remains professional it's all good. Gary Neville is honest and even handed in his commentating, I've found, though I think he's more critical of Man Utd, probably in an effort to stave off any suspicions of favoritism, which can make it really miserable listening to a match.

How was Howard?

Vard

Still can't believe we beat City. Let's go Everton. Merseyside domination 2014!
I keep thinking back about it and rewatching clips. It really was an incredible match and a very emotional victory for us. Still, the season is not over and I can't wait for Norwich next week to get this one out of the system.

GorillaJu

The fact that it was Coutinho makes the goal so much more cathartic. I really like the kid - he was amazing all over the pitch and I don't want his performance to be remembered by the early pulled shots. He did so much for the team. He's got a lot of qualities that Rodgers talks about trying to get from his players.

He looks like a real professional, too, which is nice. He rarely plays the full 90 in his favored position but his body language shows no attitude problems.

I actually hate Manchester City more. As long as they don't get it, it's fine for this year.

You won't be thinking that when they start bragging about their league title superiority over United.

Stupid fucking City. It's like Sterling did a magical dance to move the defense to one side just so he can score.

13-04-2014-GifNumber-284.gif

GorillaJu

You won't be thinking that when they start bragging about their league title superiority over United.

Stupid fucking City. It's like Sterling did a magical dance to move the defense to one side just so he can score.

Come now KidA, if that was Januzaj you'd be posting a gif of it at the top of every page! There was a moment where Sterling ghosted past like 3 defenders in a brilliant dribble, then totally blew the shot. It was the perfect Adnan gif moment :lol

I guess the fact that there are only like 3 City fans in here would make them more tolerable on paper. Plus DC is like a lovable little yappy puppy.

It's no worries they'll probably pull it out in the end. Chelsea can beat us at Anfield and we still have a few tricky fixtures left, where the other contenders have none aside from Everton (which will definitely be a rough one for City).

subtles

You guys are hopeless.

Why would anyone gloat or brag.

Hell, we've never made any lolerpool equivalent comments towards United.

You lot were insufferable all these years, singing about Liverpool at the last day of every season you win or after winning a trophy.

Even when one of the greatest ever managers was retiring you sang asking if Merseyside were watching.

Forget all of my sympathetic comments of wanting United back up there next season. Keep Moyes and stay in the wilderness and I promise I'll never mention you lot again.

tri_willy

The fact that it was Coutinho makes the goal so much more cathartic. I really like the kid - he was amazing all over the pitch and I don't want his performance to be remembered by the early pulled shots. He did so much for the team. He's got a lot of qualities that Rodgers talks about trying to get from his players.

He looks like a real professional, too, which is nice. He rarely plays the full 90 in his favored position but his body language shows no attitude problems.

a nice healthy rotation will ease potential injury issues given that he and allen have had some lengthy setbacks

Come now KidA, if that was Januzaj you'd be posting a gif of it at the top of every page! There was a moment where Sterling ghosted past like 3 defenders in a brilliant dribble, then totally blew the shot. It was the perfect Adnan gif moment :lol

I guess the fact that there are only like 3 City fans in here would make them more tolerable on paper. Plus DC is like a lovable little yappy puppy.

It's no worries they'll probably pull it out in the end. Chelsea can beat us at Anfield and we still have a few tricky fixtures left, where the other contenders have none aside from Everton (which will definitely be a rough one for City).

I was praising Sterling for making City look like fools. He outsmarted them and slotted the shot in a composed fashion.

An Adnan gif wouldn't consist of him totally blowing the shot. It would be of him barely missing. He's the best at barely missing. He is capable of Bebe moments though.

BTW, I have a Januzaj crying avatar because Sterling has easily won this season's battle.

You seem to forget 10/11

We will keep Moyes and Brenton will fire you to 21.

i3A3DZXIgKdVh.gif

GorillaJu

Fair enough, KA7 it's all playful from me. When I saw Januzaj's excellent goal last time, I thought "okay, we need Sterling to score a great goal. Can't give United fans ammo in this battle." They're both superb players.

LTWheels

Now that Henderson is banned, he should spend all his time practicing his shooting, like what Susrez did with his free kicks during his absence.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
<- #TeamSterling since last season! :3

Torino trainer Beppe Zinetti celebrated so much at the win over Genoa that he snapped his Achilles tendon.

Toro were losing 1-0 at home this afternoon until stoppages, when Ciro Immobile and Alessio Cerci scored twice in as many minutes to secure a 2-1 victory.

The excitement was too much for goalkeeping coach Zinetti, who leapt around so much on the touchline that he snapped his Achilles tendon.

Torino confirmed he will undergo surgery over the next few days and then begin a period of rehabilitation, so his season is over.
TOO good :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom