• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeegsD

Today was supposed to be an awesome day and I get back to my dorm only to see that MCA died. Fuck this world

dc89

If I have at least another 12 months before I need to think about that. No one has £50 million to spend on a player they would probably consider to be a left back.

Better start thinking of some names for 12 months time!

----

'Who would want to lose his best player? My desire and my wish is to find an agreement with Robin van Persie, extend the contract and stay with us for a longer time. Hopefully we can reach that,' said Wenger

Read more at the banned newspaper

he has already gone

Kyoufu

I will choose carefully from a list of our promising young players. Carefully because whoever they are FootballGAF will probably end up hating them.

I would never name myself after a current player. They're bound to leave the club anyway unless they're a special case like Messi and Shearer.

Hixx

Can you remember that Indian lad who had that Arsenal video where he was wearing a Puma Arsenal shirt and had a tin foil cut out of the Pl trophy?

He's got nowt on this lad. Why would you put this on youtube. It's like putting a big neon light saying 'please bully me at school' over your head :/

Carbonox

Can you remember that Indian lad who had that Arsenal video where he was wearing a Puma Arsenal shirt and had a tin foil cut out of the Pl trophy?

He's got nowt on this lad. Why would you put this on youtube. It's like putting a big neon light saying 'please bully me at school' over your head :/

"Do you reckon you'll be back for pre-season, Jack?"

Aahahaahahahahahhahahahaha

Kyoufu

1961030_o.gif

Guys, question:
Yeah, its great. You get to study the origin of design and construction and appreciate architeture in terms of spatial design and whatnot. you could train for an assitant architect in a course so its not too late. What did you study?

I studied Political Science. I am not getting into Sales with my move to Chicago. :)

How do you even go about changing your username on here? Ask a mod or what?

Yes.

rififi

Yeah, its great. You get to study the origin of design and construction and appreciate architeture in terms of spatial design and whatnot. you could train for an assitant architect in a course so its not too late. What did you study?

May I ask what year you are?
I agree it certainly was/is really interesting to study architecture and even though studio courses are extremely time consuming (lots and lots of all-nighters for most people), they are still rewarding in the end. The academic side of architecture is great - not having to deal with budgets, clients, etc - the only real limitation is your own creativity (physics is never a limitation, it is a component to be manipulated in unique ways, this was probably my favourite aspect).

However, outside of academics, the practice of architecture is often shit (long hours, little payoff, creative limitations), even at big firms like SOM or niche firms like Morphosis. Plus, even when you think you have full creative autonomy, you have to deal with idiot clients, budgets, building codes etc.

Not to discourage you in any way, if you are patient enough, and willing to compromise in the real world (especially until you get enough experience and make a name for yourself), it can be extremely rewarding. If I wasn't so interested in chemistry, I would have continued with architecture.

I studied Political Science. I am not getting into Sales with my move to Chicago. :).
What have you been up to since you graduated?

Going to be graduating this summer (joint honours in Economics + Politics). No idea what to do. Jobs are hard to come by :(

I couldn't decided on a mod so I just PM'd Evilore. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work
Try Stumpkapowow (sp?), he did mines pretty quickly.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I popped in FIFA 12 again and did some quick AI matches...yikes I suck.

Rooting for Blackpool in this play-off.

ibpCQiITaEdgfM.gif

Carbonox

Well it was under the assumption that both players would be leaving their clubs in 2013.

Will probably happen. I'd be surprised if we didn't get crazy offers this Summer for Cisse. Though clubs will probably hold off until January or next summer to see if he can maintain his form.

ATF487

Going to be graduating this summer (joint honours in Economics + Politics). No idea what to do. Jobs are hard to come by :(

Nice, there are a few econ majors in this thread. I have one more semester and then I graduate with a BBA in Finance with Econ as a second major. I wonder if I'll be able to get a job..

I believe I used Stump as well.

My official title will just confuse people but I am more or less a logistics coordinator for a small company of 40 employees. I handle the scheduling of international shipments but I also deal with some supply chain issues we have regarding the proper distribution of orders to our three production departments. I was offered this job from the same company I had been working at throughout my summers while attending university. I only did ok in school, but I worked hard for this company and knew I could get a job. Now that I have some work experience I can move onto a real career which is what I'm in the process of doing :)

I never considered going into Politics because I'd never be able to play the game, especially in the United States. I love the Political spectrum in Europe and I love the idea of coalition governments. I would love to go back into the academic world and teach and study. My main emphasis was comparative politics, and I loved examining Western Europe, the cooperation of the European Union, and the democratization of Eastern Europe. I also minored in Economics, but that was just because I didn't find it that difficult (except for Intermediate Theory. Fuck that shit). I also learned a great deal about the international policies of China in a graduate course in my Senior year which was fascinating. I really enjoyed my field of study.

Kyoufu

Will probably happen. I'd be surprised if we didn't get crazy offers this Summer for Cisse. Though clubs will probably hold off until January or next summer to see if he can maintain his form.

I have a bad feeling Ashley is going to sell our good players and we'll be back where we started.

What do you think?

sneaky77

My official title will just confuse people but I am more or less a logistics coordinator for a small company of 40 employees. I handle the scheduling of international shipments but I also deal with some supply chain issues we have regarding the proper distribution of orders to our three production departments. I was offered this job from the same company I had been working at throughout my summers while attending university. I only did ok in school, but I worked hard for this company and knew I could get a job. Now that I have some work experience I can move onto a real career which is what I'm in the process of doing :)

good luck!! And you're also abandoning that terrible state!

GorillaJu

Re Taco Bell Taco bell is pretty awful, an I say this mostly because real Mexican food is easily one of the top two or three best cuisines on the planet. The only imitation Mexican food I can handle is Chipotle, because despite being completely different from actual Mexican food, it's still got fresh ingredients and tastes phenomenal for fast food. Of course there are morphologies of Mexican food that have evolved in America such as California burritos (huge burritos with avocado, potatos and steak) which are good as well, but I digress.

Taco Bell as Del Taco are both shit. The cheese on their nachos and burritos doesn't even taste like fake cheese it tastes like fake butter, and the "meat" is like a wet slop of marinated paper clippings.

Real Mexican food - 10/10
Taco Bell - 2/10

Subway is subpar in America and even worse in Japan. In Japan it's even more flavorless and keeps you full for all of 10 fucking minutes. At least you can get them to pile and pile the veggies in the US. In Japan they just tell you "I'm sorry, there's no excuse for this..." and proceed to ignore your requests.

Fuck me I miss In n Out, Chipotle and Submarina. And most of all Mexican food. :(

I believe I used Stump as well.

I never considered going into Politics because I'd never be able to play the game, especially in the United States. I love the Political spectrum in Europe and I love the idea of coalition governments. I would love to go back into the academic world and teach and study. My main emphasis was comparative politics, and I loved examining Western Europe, the cooperation of the European Union, and the democratization of Eastern Europe. I also minored in Economics, but that was just because I didn't find it that difficult (except for Intermediate Theory. Fuck that shit). I also learned a great deal about the international policies of China in a graduate course in my Senior year which was fascinating. I really enjoyed my field of study.
Wow cool sounds awesome. I've done a fair few modules in Comparative Politics also, it was interesting. I did a module about Chinese Economics/Politics this year, it was very interesting, though it felt more like a history module more than anything else, still got to see the development of the nation through a different perspective.

This year I've moved toward policy development related modules and a research module as well as one about terrorism. All really interesting...just now I don't know which area I want to work in. Definitely not finance though, never really enjoyed any of my economics stuff.

Carbonox

I have a bad feeling Ashley is going to sell our good players and we'll be back where we started.

What do you think?

He'll sell Ben Arfa, Ba, Cabaye, Tiote and Cisse for a combined £200m. We'll buy the whole of Swansea FC, buy Higuain and win the Champion's League.

Gonzalo_Higuain.jpg

Para el 'Pipita': "Gracias por lo que nos diste"
"For El Pipita" Thanks for what you've given us"

Basically, for you non spanish speakers in here, the article says Pipita's shirt had messages such as "My house is your house" and "Thanks for what you've given us".

BRB gonna go cry now.

Just don't sell him to Bayern please. I totally like the guy and don't want to hate him. And Bayern would actually have a striker that can play football, that would be pretty bad lol

whatever you need to tell yourself! Also, The browns.

I will always have the Browns and that is nothing to be ashamed of.

Re Taco Bell Taco bell is pretty awful, an I say this mostly because real Mexican food is easily one of the top two or three best cuisines on the planet. The only imitation Mexican food I can handle is Chipotle, because despite being completely different from actual Mexican food, it's still got fresh ingredients and tastes phenomenal for fast food. Of course there are morphologies of Mexican food that have evolved in America such as California burritos (huge burritos with avocado, potatos and steak) which are good as well, but I digress.

Taco Bell as Del Taco are both shit. The cheese on their nachos and burritos doesn't even taste like fake cheese it tastes like fake butter, and the "meat" is like a wet slop of marinated paper clippings.

Real Mexican food - 10/10
Taco Bell - 2/10

Subway is subpar in America and even worse in Japan. In Japan it's even more flavorless and keeps you full for all of 10 fucking minutes. At least you can get them to pile and pile the veggies in the US. In Japan they just tell you "I'm sorry, there's no excuse for this..." and proceed to ignore your requests.

Fuck me I miss In n Out, Chipotle and Submarina. And most of all Mexican food. :(

I agree with you that compared to Authentic Mexican Food, Taco Bell is shit, but I'd rate them like so:

Taco Bell 8/10
Authentic Mexican 25 billion/10

Also, Chipotle is awesome, get it every chance I get, and I have only had In n Out a handful of times, and it was amazing. Part of me thinks I love it because I can't have it though.

Wow cool sounds awesome. I've done a fair few modules in Comparative Politics also, it was interesting. I did a module about Chinese Economics/Politics this year, it was very interesting, though it felt more like a history module more than anything else, still got to see the development of the nation through a different perspective.

This year I've moved toward policy development related modules and a research module as well as one about terrorism. All really interesting...just now I don't know which area I want to work in. Definitely not finance though, never really enjoyed any of my economics stuff.

The interesting thing about Chinese politics and comparisons is that their culture is drastically different than that of the Western world that you can't really compare it to Europe or the U.S. 1:1. Their policies deeply reflect their history.

Kyoufu

He'll sell Ben Arfa, Ba, Cabaye, Tiote and Cisse for a combined £200m. We'll buy the whole of Swansea FC, buy Higuain and win the Champion's League.

I want Higuain so badly. He's so good.

We really need to make a 30 million squid purchase on a badass player. Cavani or Higuain take us to CL please!

GorillaJu

You would have to eat that with a knife and fork, Right?

Yes. It's called a burrito ranchero. I think a Mexican person would say it's more Californian than Mexican, but my god, it's heavenly

I want Higuain so badly. He's so good.

We really need to make a 30 million squid purchase on a badass player. Cavani or Higuain take us to CL please!

There's no way Newcastle would be able to afford Higuain or Cavani's wages. There are like 5 clubs in world football who can afford their transfers and wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom