• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappe

What?! Fuck this. I blame City, PSG and Chelsea. I understand that they have to try to get as much as they can out of LLorente, but this is ridiculous.

/waits for Llorente to Chelsea/City rumors to start

Llorente would be a perfect striker to give competition to Torres. I wouldnt be surprised if Chelsea made a move for him. Especially if he is gonna cost around 15mil pnds. They also have that Hulk money to spend since that didnt happen.

Zabojnik

Llorente would be a perfect striker to give competition to Torres. I wouldnt be surprised if Chelsea made a move for him. Especially if he is gonna cost around 15mil pnds. They also have that Hulk money to spend since that didnt happen.

I hope not. Although it would be worth it for the 'best Torres' jokes alone.

dc89

Manchester+City+lifts+the+trophy

MASSIVE!

Radioheadrule83, Sterling signed a long term professional contract back in December so we needn't worry about that. I think he'll get plenty of game time this year.

We do have to worry about Suso however. I read somewhere we won't play him until he signs a new contract.

I must have missed that - good to know!

If he and Joe Allen can provide that kind of incisive daring now and then we'll be much improved... we've lacked invention in the recent past. Last season I felt like I watched us throw a bad cross in (too low, too high, too simple) like someone on high was controlling them in a game of FIFA, it didn't work and we'd just do it again and again, and it makes players like Carroll look bad when actually its probably more to do with his service. It was only with Lucas helping keep the back safe and a bit of Stevie/Suarez magic that we ever looked hot last season -- it was no wonder we didn't do better with Suarez' ban and Lucas out. Last season we also got to the final third a lot and then just passed it around and backwards... we were SO MUCH better under Kenny than Hodgson, he was what we needed, but if what I've seen in the last three games is a long lasting change / improvement, then I'll be happier still. I was glad to see Downing and co not actually doing that yesterday, he had a good game, and we moved forward with purpose - winning things. As I say, I know its only a friendly, but we need to attack and pressure every team like that.

Salazar

Shebby Singh has issued a public apology to Steve Kean and Morten Gamst Pedersen after saying that the Blackburn Rovers manager would be sacked if he lost three games and calling the 30-year-old winger a "pensioner".

Speaking at an open meeting organised by the Blackburn Rovers Action Group, the club's global adviser Singh told supporters Kean would be sacked if he lost three games in a row but it was the personal comments directed at Pedersen that caused the most upset.

Kean and Pedersen were so furious with Singh that the Malaysian was forced to apologise to both men at a squad meeting. In addition, he deemed it necessary to make a public apology through the Lancashire Telegraph.

Singh had said Kean's promises of a strong promotion challenge had to be taken "with a pinch of salt", while he likened Pedersen, who has been at the club for eight years, to a "pensioner".

He said: "I would like to extend an apology to Steve Kean because some things were said on Saturday. I think they would have hurt Steve Kean's feelings and for that I sincerely apologise.

"I would also like to apologise to Morten Gamst Pedersen for what was said. There are no excuses and Morten is a great character.

"My blunt honesty sometimes upsets people and sometimes rubs people up the wrong way. I am making efforts to bring the club back to the fans and in trying to do that I have gone too far. I am trying to find the middle ground."

Cockend. Turns a non-apology into an opportunity to compliment himself.

Wilbur

Banned
Their parallel RVP story has the epistemological status of Wilbury's bellybutton fluff.

Nobody knows a fucking thing.

Khaldoon is a killer name.

I was eating a grape and almost died because I laughed at this you bastard

Why are some sections of the media expecting QPR to end up top half/mid table? Did I miss something?

As big a cock as he is, Hughes is a very solid manager. Worked miracles with Blackburn and while I'm not sure if he'd have won a title with City (although that's because he signed wank players, give him Mancini's and he's have made a good go of it) he would have got them top 3/4 eventually.

I think QPR will finish above 15th for sure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Apparently we still haven't decided what to do with both the PalaTorino and the Rock Arena, which will soon be ours to use and / or dispose of. The current plan is to / includes:

- create even more parking spaces to support the various events at Juventus stadium
- rebuild / renovate the historic (17th century) farmhouse 'Continassa', which it to become the new club headquarters
- create a public park (the vertical road / street to the right of it will be renamed from 'Corso Grande Torino' to 'Corso Gaetano Scirea' - so sorry, Toro fans)
- half a dozen new commercial buildings, aparments, a cinema complex, a hotel ...
- a sports medicine diagnostic center
- a brand new Juventus Soccer (High) School
This is fucking brilliant! Especially the bolded part! I don't know who's directly responsible for all of this, but he's doing some fantastic work lately.

Yeah that won't fly with them. :p

LegoArmo

I watched Premier League Years 2008 this morning. City lost 8-1 to Middlesbrough and United won a league and Champions League double.

Enjoyable.

Slizz

Are there any games this week worth watching? It'd be pretty painful to wait all the way till Saturday for the PL season to start with nothing to watch in between.

Salazar

Are there any games this week worth watching? It'd be pretty painful to wait all the way till Saturday for the PL season to start with nothing to watch in between.

You could watch replays of that extravaganza of cheap fouls and misplaced passes. What a sense of occasion Chelsea and City created.

Kyoufu

5 days until the start of the season.

18 days until the end of the muppet season.

NO SIGNINGS.

Absolutely pathetic.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://bilder.bild.de/fotos-skaliert/fcbayernmuenchen-borussiadortmund_28103140_mbqf-1344797484-25625166/2,h=343.bild.jpg[mg]
klopp am cry[/QUOTE]

Hey at least they stayed for the ceremony.

-

[quote]
[IMG]http://www.ilgazzettinovesuviano.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/de-laurentiis10.jpg

“Am I still angry? Why no, just five minutes after the game I was calm again,” began the President.

“You know what I did after dinner? I gathered the team, I took them out to a club and we toasted them with 10 bottles of champagne.

“I told the guys to immediately cancel this Super Cup and to think about the games we are playing, the friendly with Olympiacos on Sunday and the start of the League in Palermo.

“Also, I decided to give each of them a bonus of €20,000, because they were the moral winners of this Super Cup, to me.”

Moral champions of Italy.

Bumhead

Banned

We are away at Oldham tonight, live on Sky.

A League Cup first round tie between a League One side and the second string of a newly promoted Championship side might stretch your definition of the term "worth watching", mind.

GorillaJu

Was replayed 3 times already after it aired yesterday lol.

Not completely sure, but for some reason I think week 1 or 2 the free ones stop.

Last year was an exception because the updated system couldn't handle the user load and so all players had a free wild card during the first week.

Normally, you can make unlimited changes until the first cut off (a few hours before the first kick-off).

Aaaarh fuck. Apparently Pape Pate Diouf to some shit UAE club didn't work out, probably even too shit for that. Please go away.

What?! Fuck this. I blame City, PSG and Chelsea. I understand that they have to try to get as much as they can out of LLorente, but this is ridiculous.

/waits for Llorente to Chelsea/City rumors to start

Guess they just really have no one that is ready to take over for him. Understandable not wanting to sell at all then, even for good bids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom