• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

Even if they only added Fernando this summer, City's squad will be much better for it next season. When Fernandinho didn't play, he was a big loss for City, and the results showed iirc.

Garcia stepped up in the last two months and City were better for it. Unfortunately, it meant Fernandinho was put on the bench (but because of an injury but that worked out well). Garcia was horrible during the fall though, yes.

If Fernando comes, I'm not sure if Yaya and Fernandinho both can play at the same time, that would mean one striker and three strikers on the bench. That will be interesting to see.

Arsenal will have to spend big to compete in this market. When international class players like Luiz are going for 40 million. How much will world class talent cost?

Even if City are moving in the right direction (Sagna's wages lol), they didn't move quickly enough

Simple as that. Suck it up, take your medicine, stop whinging.

Seriously, in a market where Luiz is worth £50m, Suarez must be £120m+.

It's become ridiculous. Fucking bonkers. There's no sense to it.

dc89

Van Gaal & Rekik.

BoVHwyBCcAEjWQs.png:small

Part of me thinks this is a fuckng brilliant strategy by PSG at this stage of the transfer window:

You buy a mediocre player for an enormously inflated fee at the start of the transfer window.

From there on out, every chairman on the planet is going to play the "but Luiz cost £50 million so my player is worth double" game with their players.

Now that clubs have to comply with FFP, it'll stagnate the market at the top end.

Genius.

Next summer, shortest board meeting of all time

'Oh shit son, where did that £50m come from? All those PSG shirts you sell that don't exist, yeah? Get the fuck out of our competition.'

Meier

Well sure.

But once FFP came in, Chelsea could've just as easily continued in their ways.

Also, no sympathy for City. Spending £100m+ when you already have a fucking amazing squad.

This is how false information is continually spread. City spent ~£86m last summer after selling Tevez for around £10-12m and Balotelli for £20m. The net spend last summer was closer to £60m or thereabouts on top of a net of £10m+ in wages being removed from the bill.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I was gonna order watch dogs from cdkeys.com for £23 but then i was told they stole keys, does anyone have experience with this site? I dont want my account banned for a game i barely want.

Signing Negredo for £30m and Jovetic for £28m gives City no room to complain about FFP at all. And they paid Tevez £200kpw to go on holiday during the season. Fuck 'em.

Tc91

I was gonna order watch dogs from cdkeys.com for £23 but then i was told they stole keys, does anyone have experience with this site? I dont want my account banned for a game i barely want.

I bought Diablo 3 from them and it was fine, that was before this whole thing with the gaffer though.

Meier

He would be great but it would seem a bit unprofessional from Txiki and Ferran if it really went out that way. Why the hell wouldn't they talk to Fernando and stop him from signing that extension? Why didn't anyone look closer on the rules about him playing for Portugal? Why are City still chasing him if he's that expensive?

Such a weird scenario, surely someone has done something stupid in all of this. However, one could hope that Fernando negotiated a low release clause. The reported €20m for him is full price and too much in this situation IMO.

I'm sure they did talk to Fernando but he had a desire to play in the World Cup and that outshines most everything I'd think. Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Pinto paid someone a little something to make sure the ruling on Fernando went past the transfer window. He's a shrewd businessman and these decisions are usually pretty darn quick. It certainly raises some red flags.

I think he is comfortably a €20m player so if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes. Garcia's agent says he isn't going anywhere this summer but I can't really envision a use for him if we do bring in Fernando. Some talk we might get the deal down lower by loaning Rony to Porto for next season.

Manager

Signing Negredo for £30m and Jovetic for £28m gives City no room to complain about FFP at all. And they paid Tevez £200kpw to go on holiday during the season. Fuck 'em.

Negredo cost £16m plus potentially £4m bonuses. Jovetic cost £22m. Once again, lies and misinformation being spread, everyone are adding fees and sums all over and then it spreads.

Plus, Tevez had to pay his salary back, don't remember how much of it.

edit
Six weeks
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/16711994

He lost total £9.3m on his fights.

Wilbur

Banned
X-Men was good. Still too much Jennifer Lawrence, who is just coasting in this and not putting any effort in. Still some duff lines in the screenplay. But performances are pretty good overall, there's two brilliant action sequences. 7/10 m8s

Meier

These numbers are absolutely incorrect. Negredo cost £16.4m and Jovetic cost £22m.

And as we discussed the other day, Tevez only received anything at all because the PFA forced City to pay a bigger portion of his wages than they were willing, but the club fined him significantly and took away his loyalty bonus which significantly outstretched his wages from the same period. He lost a shitload of money from his tantrum.

Derp1na

Banned

I pre-ordered FM14 for about £15 from there. It was honoured and my account didn't get banned.

Linius

Will be very interesting to see what happens to him, such a talent but seems a bit prone to mistakes. Can City afford to gamble?

Shouldn't be in the Dutch league next season though.

He's not even good enough for the Eredivisie. You want to see him in Belgium next season?

i don't know about you, but i'm putting mine up in a few minutes.

Mine's up just now. Suck it.

Manager

He's not even good enough for the Eredivisie. You want to see him in Belgium next season?

I thought he was one of the best dutch defenders in the league, he's been bad? Wasn't he picked in the "Eredivisie national team" by Van Gaal a few weeks ago?

Read he was prone to mistakes this year, as expected from a 19 y/o.

Slizz

X-Men was good. Still too much Jennifer Lawrence, who is just coasting in this and not putting any effort in. Still some duff lines in the screenplay. But performances are pretty good overall, there's two brilliant action sequences. 7/10 m8s

What did you give Godzilla?

Linius

I thought he was one of the best dutch defenders in the league, he's been bad? Wasn't he picked in the "Eredivisie national team" a few weeks ago?

Read he was prone to mistakes this year, as expected from a 19 y/o.

Well you should be with Confuziz for the specifics but what I've seen from him wasn't great imo. Well at least he did better than those morons they had in their backline last year but that's not much of an achievement. But maybe I shouldn't be too harsh on him. PSV's season as a whole was one big failure.

What did you give Godzilla?

4,5/5 stars

fu

cking

he

ll

Meier

PSG and Man City aren't "big clubs". They just have alot of money maybe in few years they can follow the Chelsea model and be consider big clubs with the fan base to match.

"Big clubs" are clubs who win titles in the top leagues in Europe. Not the ones who are content with finishing 3rd or 4th.

"Big clubs" are clubs who win titles in the top leagues in Europe. Not the ones who are content with finishing 3rd or 4th.

Very narrow way of looking at things. Milan, Inter, Liverpool and Arsenal are bigger clubs than PSG and City. Those clubs have alot more prestige you don't get that after winning cups for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom